Faster To The Fun is back...

Riles34

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Yes, if they make you adhere to the arrival time with FTTF, then I would see no value in purchasing it. Hopefully they will not do that. 

Honestly, if they weren't ready to launch 'show up when you want' for Dia/Plats which apparently they were not then they are way out too far over their skis on this. This has the potential to create a lot of ill will. HOPEFULLY they carefully explain the applicable rules before accepting anyone's hard earned money. 

Just now, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Come to think of it, allowing FTTF the 16 day check in, but make them still adhere to the check in window, could lead to a lot of abuse.

Buy FTTF.  Check in at 16 days.  3 days later, cancel FTTF for a full refund, and you get to keep the major benefit of it anyway.

Good point. Carnival needs to cancel the 16-day/14-day stuff and go back to the way it was. JMO.

• Like 1

Just now, cruizinisthebest said:

Good point. Carnival needs to cancel the 16-day/14-day stuff and go back to the way it was. JMO.

Yes, and, and maybe that's coming.  This all gets solved when the Dia/Plats are 'show up when you feel like it' again.  Not sure but maybe they are working their way through that as we uncover the hole in their procedure.

They should start to pay us a consulting fee!

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If FTTF port arrival is still tied to the check in time, then the benefits of FTTF are completely watered down, to the point where it really isn't worth that much.  Early boarding was probably the biggest selling point, by far.

Maybe FTTF gets the 16 day check in window?  Would make sense, but that is not listed as a benefit.

I agree that it is not as much of a benefit now if the benefits above are the facts?  I also bet they will be raising the price.  It was 119 on my last Horizon cruise and totally worth it!  I might book for my Mardis Gras cruise in April and cancel if the reports are bad for the product?  I am predicting at least 159 for the newest ships?

22 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Yes, if they make you adhere to the arrival time with FTTF, then I would see no value in purchasing it. Hopefully they will not do that. 

Definitely not worth it until the later cruises in December.  The 16 day window is already available for the 1st weekend in December cruises.  So they will not be able to benefit from that paid service unless they are allowed to board any time?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Let's see...

Priority tender

Be among first to board

Priority disembarkation

Access to stateroom to drop off carry on

I think almost everyone would be interested in buying it (except Ds, Ps, and suites)... if the price is low enough. 

But is it worth the (as yet) unknown cost?  We'll see. 

Its sold in a limitednumbers based on voyage and number of guests ext 

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Come to think of it, allowing FTTF the 16 day check in, but make them still adhere to the check in window, could lead to a lot of abuse.

Buy FTTF.  Check in at 16 days.  3 days later, cancel FTTF for a full refund, and you get to keep the major benefit of it anyway.

They could easily solve that by making FTTF nonrefundable once you check in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

They could easily solve that by making FTTF nonrefundable once you check in.

Or make you check-in again if you cancelled.

I will be checking in on it for my December 18th cruise. I plan to buy, but if I don't get real priority boarding, I will cancel it. We do have a tender port, but are considering an excursion that may make that not worth anything. 

2 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Or make you check-in again if you cancelled.

I will be checking in on it for my December 18th cruise. I plan to buy, but if I don't get real priority boarding, I will cancel it. We do have a tender port, but are considering an excursion that may make that not worth anything. 

I’m probably going to book for my kids spring break interior cabin this weekend. I have the suite across the hall but was going to board later since they don’t get priority. It is Mardis Gras and Easter so assuming it will be crazy busy. Anything to improve the waiting will be worth it. Might rethink it if it is a watered down version of what we had on Horizon in 2019. 

Edited by Thenagers

26 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

I’m going to buy it if possible. We are cruising the Panorama in February and have heard it’s a madhouse checking in. And going directly to our room is an advantage we love. This is my last cruise as gold, so after that I’m one of the cool kids. 🤣🤣🤣

Please report back how it goes!

• Like 1

We bought it for every cruise but 1. Even booking suites it was worth it to us just to drop off bags and avoid waiting in a packed room waiting to board.  Also waiting in guest services the one time we didn't have it took over an hour.

8 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

I’m going to buy it if possible. We are cruising the Panorama in February and have heard it’s a madhouse checking in. And going directly to our room is an advantage we love. This is my last cruise as gold, so after that I’m one of the cool kids. 🤣🤣🤣

I hope they dont charge what they did prepandemic if you’re room is not ready and you still have to stick to a check in time.

I just booked it for our 8 day Xmas cruise on the Magic departing Dec 23.  It was $129.95.  It says our check-in date is December 9th, so that is 14 days.  Aggie182 has posted the screen shots and it makes not mention of your appointed arrival time. Cheers.  Mark

Edited by Bulldogsoc