AZAMARA is the WORST customer service cruise line.

brian6u

1 hour ago, JM0115 said:

If I was Azamara, I would put in a chat feature. It is so much easier on them and on the customer. Agents can chat simultaneously with several customers and it would cut down on telephone hold times I would think. I hope they do that some day!

I’ve had a look at other cruise lines using Versonix Seaware who are producing Azamara’s new systems and quite a few have chat functions so it’s something that could be coming 🤞

• Like 5

4 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I think you are new to Azamara, but for those who remember, we used to have a CBO, Chief Blogging officer from Azamara, who answered questions on this forum and she was invaluable!  Happy Thanksgiving to Bonnie McLaird, if you are still checking in! 😀. We all miss you! 

Let's not forget the first Azamara Chief Blogging Officer, Bill Leiber.  He took the job in 2010 and was a fantastic resource for posters on this site. Lots of straight talk and not a lot of PR. He is missed.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, tgg said:

Let's not forget the first Azamara Chief Blogging Officer, Bill Leiber.  He took the job in 2010 and was a fantastic resource for posters on this site. Lots of straight talk and not a lot of PR. He is missed.

Totally agree, Bill is what Azamara needs now

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tgg said:

Totally agree. He was a wonderful presence here. Very knowledgeable and always polite and respectful. 

Phil 

• Like 3

On 11/19/2022 at 11:21 AM, boxman52 said:

I don't believe for one minute Azamara have employed a host of programmers to write code for a hospitality IT system. 

It's the same as if they built massive pig farms because they serve bacon!

Even if they have lost their faculties & decided to enter the IT industry, it still doesn't stop them in the meantime putting in place a simple off the shelf payment system for final balance payment 

It may not be as easy as you assert.  Financial payments and the accounting systems necessary to link them properly to a highly regulated service like travel is a non trivial task for a variety of complex reasons, for example refunds, matching partial payments, ensuring proper amounts are collected vs invoices, payment card industry compliance requirements, fraud prevention, etc.

We are not buying a book to be shipped via Amazon, with a $5 cost.  We are paying thousands of dollars for a service linked to service contracts and global compliance matters of high complexity.   They need to confirm links to the contract or a verbal agreement are in place, etc.

Not to excuse them, but I helped manage a financial payments service people thought was ‘simple’ but the actual complexity was quite impressive.  I helped this organization fix things that leaked  millions of dollars a year from fraud and accounting missmatched transactions related to refunds and prepaid refundable and non refundable services.

I am sure they would like better capabilities but may also be trying to avoid bone headed problems.  Also, they may be trying to stay lean in the hopes of a future merge into other better systems, planned for a later date.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem.  If a travel agent takes over a booking he/she has to ask to have the future credit attached to the booking. You may also have to pay the agent's fee.  If you booked directly there is  no fee . I didn't know this.  The fee was significant .I took the agent as several attempts to book online failed.  I should have persisted. 

@deberoons Welcome to the Azamara Board.  When you want to quote a post, click on 'Quote' [as you have been doing] then start typing – you will see the cursor is already positioned outside the blue quote box ready for your new text.

If you want to start a new post without quoting, click on 'Reply to this topic' below the last post.

But please choose one or the other.  😀

Thank you.  When I want to ask for info  i.e. ideas for places to stay near cruise port-in Buenos Aires.  I don't know if that is a new post.  How would I find if that question has been asked.  Is that a fair question please.?  Thank you

4 minutes ago, deberoons said:

Thank you.  When I want to ask for info  i.e. ideas for places to stay near cruise port-in Buenos Aires.  I don't know if that is a new post.  How would I find if that question has been asked.  Is that a fair question please.?  Thank you

This is not the most appropriate thread for this question.

I suggest you start a new thread, with a new title, you may receive a better response.

Also, although I don't know, there may be a  Cruise Critic forum dedicated to Ports. Alternatively, take a look here

9 minutes ago, deberoons said:

I'm sailing from BA next year and I think one best place to find answers to that would be in the roll call for your cruise (or other cruises starting from BA)

Do you know where to find the roll calls for each itinerary?

1 hour ago, deberoons said:

1 hour ago, federalexpress said:

I'm sailing from BA next year and I think one best place to find answers to that would be in the roll call for your cruise (or other cruises starting from BA)

Do you know where to find the roll calls for each itinerary?

Also, you should try the South America page to gather info from anyone with Buenos Aires experience, not just Azamara passengers.  You can find that by going to the boards.cruisecritic.com page and then scrolling down to Port of Call (you will have passed the links for Roll Calls along the way).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deberoons said:

Yes, this is a perfectly fine question.  But since lots of cruise lines sail out of Buenos Aires you should ask it on the South America ports forum.

In fact, there is already an active thread on this topic:  Best Hotel to stay in when cruising out of Bueno Aires

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I don't know about the worst but it is certainly worthless.  I called this morning at 7:30am PDT.  I received a call back at 3:45pm.  I was calling about our incorrect loyalty level.  We moved up 2 levels on the last cruise in December to Discoverer and should have 4 free nights, which I want to book when we get on board in 2 weeks.  All I got was customer service was "It's an IT issue and there is nothing we can do or update.  BUT, they will have the correct information on-board."

Well, I guess when we get on board, I'll make sure I can either book with the on board discount/free nights or get something in writing that we were on board and could not book for XYZ reason and that we should be able to whenever everything gets fixed...I was in IT, I find it unbelievable that this was allowed to happen - I don't care HOW bad the data was.  You don't go live with something in this state!

• Like 2

On 5/1/2023 at 7:21 PM, Wander58 said:

Well I don't know about the worst but it is certainly worthless.  I called this morning at 7:30am PDT.  I received a call back at 3:45pm. 

You're complaining about customer service....and you are one of the very few who they have ever called back.  we've called three times with zero return phone calls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

You're complaining about customer service....and you are one of the very few who they have ever called back.  we've called three times with zero return phone calls.

The friends who are going on the May 14th Pursuit cruise with us called at 6am and were able to speak with someone within 5 minutes...don't know if they were just lucky or the call center had just opened.  It's worth a try to call at 6:00am EDT. 

As for getting a call back, yes, I got one and was told there was nothing they could do...makes we wonder what they can do.  I also sent in at least a half dozen support forms and emailed the AZ loyalty address, no response to anything.  

1 hour ago, Wander58 said:

The friends who are going on the May 14th Pursuit cruise with us called at 6am and were able to speak with someone within 5 minutes...don't know if they were just lucky or the call center had just opened.  It's worth a try to call at 6:00am EDT. 

As for getting a call back, yes, I got one and was told there was nothing they could do...makes we wonder what they can do.  I also sent in at least a half dozen support forms and emailed the AZ loyalty address, no response to anything.  

Thanks....and based on the response they got, I guess I'll just wait until either the dust settles or I get on-board in July which probably will happen first.