Club Orange Questions

knitter

27 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

If you book with your initial booking they insist you pay for it immediately, at least that has been my experience.  When I've questioned them about it I've been told that I can't have the upgrade until I pay.

My HAL PCC adds Club Orange to my initial booking journey fare and I use one Future Cruise Deposit ($100) for my deposit. With one exception, this has been the case for my five Club Orange cruises.

The first time that I was offered Club Orange a few years ago was after my initial Future Cruise Deposit had been paid.  On that one occasion my HAL PCC required full payment for Club Orange.

YMMV in the world of inconsistency

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crew News said:

My HAL PCC adds Club Orange to my initial booking journey fare and I use one Future Cruise Deposit ($100) for my deposit. With one exception, this has been the case for my five Club Orange cruises.

The first time that I was offered Club Orange a few years ago was after my initial Future Cruise Deposit had been paid.  On that one occasion my HAL PCC required full payment for Club Orange.

I've mentioned that but they insist.  Doesn't matter if it's a pcc ir ta.  Same outcome.

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

When I book a cruise and add Club Orange at the same time my PCC always asks for a separate payment for Club Orange.  CO payment is rolled into the discounted cruise fare but charged as a separate item on my Cruise Confirmation paperwork.  I’ve booked CO three times in the past year.  

• Like 1

Just now, oaktreerb said:

When I book a cruise and add Club Orange at the same time my PCC always asks for a separate payment for Club Orange.  CO payment is rolled into the discounted cruise fare but charged as a separate item on my Cruise Confirmation paperwork.  I’ve booked CO three times in the past year.  

Same.  Clearly you and I are being treated differently or perhaps it's the way I'm saying it.  I use a future cruise credit for $100  or whatever it's called then like you say it's a separate line item which I pay for immediately.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

My Club orange is included in the billed fare but not listed as a separate line item.  Club Orange appears only under Special Services section as Club Orange Pass.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 3:53 PM, oakridger said:

I’m on Rotterdam now and the club orange dining room  looks nice. 

However, the Club Orange dining rooms are only available on HAL's newest 3 Pinnacle class ships. All other HAL ships have a roped off section of the MDR for CO. 

On 11/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, oaktreerb said:

The CO dining room is small and you may have to wait to be seated if you do not arrive at opening (same hours as MDR).  The service is excellent.  You cannot reserve a table.  You will not be asked to share a table.  CO serves Neptune and Pinnacle guests plus those who purchased Club Orange.  On our recent Koningsdam cruise there were 169 guests total (94 suite passengers and 75 Club Orange) assigned to Club Orange for dining.

I agree with everything you said except sometimes you can be asked to share a table with others. It’s usually a large table, and there aren’t many large tables in CO.  IIRC, only one table for 8.  We always say no thank you and wait for a table for two. 

• Like 1

My experience is that there are only two 8-top (community) tables in Club Orange.  As a solo, I have been asked if I minded a couple joining me at my 4-top for breakfast.  Since they were on my roll call, I gladly agreed.

Koningsdam Club Orange seating:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-konigsdam-dining-options/IMG_2352.jpg

Nieuw Statendam Club Orange seating:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-nieuw-statendam-onboard-images-1/IMG_3017.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CHOPPERTESTER said:

If you're 4* and less than 14 nights, I would rather spend the $$ on 50% off Specialty Restaurants every night than pay the $25 per person per night for Club Orange.

I do eat at specialty restaurants a lot but I  like club orange for the upgrade.  It's also nice for the second week of the cruise I'm on because I'm pretty sure every person brought at least 3 kids and the staff can't keep up with it.  I despise the Lido but the mdr is a close second this cruise.  I'm doing that at lunch when it's open.

1 hour ago, Cocktail613 said:

I seem to recall reading that the dedicated OC dining room on the Pinnacle class ships still have a sommelier while the MDR does not. Is this true?

In conversation with the sommeliers on both Nieuw Statendam and Zuiderdam, I learned there is a sommelier in each Specialty Restaurant, Lido/Canaletto, and MDR.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cocktail613 said:

Another question: we are a group of 6 travelling together, would regularly accommodating 6 likely to be an issue on the Koningsdam?

It should not be an issue for anytime dining if you tell the Maitre'd, or whoever is at the MDR podium, the number in your party. 

1 minute ago, Crew News said:

It should not be an issue for anytime dining if you tell the Maitre'd, or whoever is at the MDR podium, the number in your party.   There are two large tables near the entrance of Club Orange so there may be a wait until they are cleared.  You will be given a beeper to let you know when the table is available.

The new Rotterdam Club Orange (pictured) has the best atmosphere, in my opinion, since it was purpose-designed as a private dining room rather than the more casual design scheme on  Kdam and especially Nieuw Stat (formerly America’s Test Kitchen). But they are all good and quieter than the MDR.

620E726B-C582-402B-BE1D-2A717F609CF0.jpeg

• Thanks 3

Completed our Sept16/24 Norwegian fjord 7-day cruise reservation today.  I added the CO to an obstructed verandah; (4143) was designated.  We were not charged any fees, since I had two $100 FCC to cover the deposit.  I am using a TA ; and she confirmed the booking of the CO by phone to HAL.  There was no conversations about the promised upgrade.  The CO package is a new product for my TA.  Should I caution her to expect the off of the upgrade upon PIF?

23 minutes ago, northernphoenix said:

Completed our Sept16/24 Norwegian fjord 7-day cruise reservation today.  I added the CO to an obstructed verandah; (4143) was designated.  We were not charged any fees, since I had two $100 FCC to cover the deposit.  I am using a TA ; and she confirmed the booking of the CO by phone to HAL.  There was no conversations about the promised upgrade.  The CO package is a new product for my TA.  Should I caution her to expect the off of the upgrade upon PIF?

You need to choose your stateroom.  The obstructed veranda that you paid for with the addition of Club Orange makes you eligible to choose any stateroom within that stateroom category.  On the newer ships you could choose from a VF to a VQ stateroom.  You must have paid the upcharge for Club Orange.  You may be able to call Club Orange directly with your booking number or you may have to go through your TA.  Look online at the stateroom selection before you call.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, northernphoenix said:

Sounds like you need a new TA.  You should have been charged at the time for CO and at the same time selected a new cabin.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, northernphoenix said:

I purchased the CO upgrade for my Norwegian fjord cruise this past June. Like you, I originally had an obstructed verandah. I got upgraded to a V mid-ship cabin. Some in our group even got upgraded to those V cabins with the deep angled balconies. You should get a free room upgrade - look at the deck plans for what "V" category verandah location you like. Then let your TA know that CO entitles you to a free room upgrade to an available verandah, and you're interested to know which verandah cabin is available on the deck of your choice. Your TA would then contact the Club Orange people and get it sorted out for you.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, knitter said:

This is new to me- would appreciate hearing about what it is, what it costs, and is it worth while. Thanks.

We have been Club Orange twice and probably will continue to do so. I can't recall the cost - we just tell our travel agent to keep her eyes open for when it comes available.

Why we love it:

- Priority seating in dining room as well as some special menu items. Longest we had to wait on a 28-day cruise was about 8 minutes. It was usually less than 3. On the last morning before disembarkation, about 20 people were waiting for tables, and we were seated immediately. Plus, others were told that only shared tables were available, and we were able to dine just the two of us.

- Dedicated lines at Guest Service and the Excursion desk. Again - less waiting.

- Dedicated customer service phone line

- Priority for tenders

We debated not purchasing it on future cruises...but I think we will stick with it 🙂

• Like 3

On 11/19/2022 at 2:02 PM, knitter said:

This is new to me- would appreciate hearing about what it is, what it costs, and is it worth while. Thanks.

If you have more than two people in your cabin, only the first 2 will have to pay for Club Orange, but everyone in the cabin gets the benefits. I think the going rate is $25/per person per day (so $50/cabin per day) on sailings less than 14 days and $15/per person per day ($30/cabin per day) on 14 days and higher.

Edited by vicd1969