Changing a Booking to Different Ship/Itinerary

Rtowncruiser

I would like to cancel current booking and book a different cruise. I booked through a TA with a Nonrefundable Deposit. 

Lift and shift is no longer an option so...

I am over 120 days out so no payment other than deposit.

Do I 

A. Contact TA to cancel and book new reservation at the same time

B. Contact Celebrity and cancel booking and book new one

C. Use online cancel with Celebrity or TA? Will it automatically give OBC

What are my chances to avoid the $100/pp cancellation fee with any of these options?

Black Friday promos are going on and I would call but would probably be hours to get ahold of someone! 

Thanks All!

1 minute ago, Rtowncruiser said:

I would like to cancel current booking and book a different cruise. I booked through a TA with a Nonrefundable Deposit. 

Lift and shift is no longer an option so...

I am over 120 days out so no payment other than deposit.

Do I 

A. Contact TA to cancel and book new reservation at the same time

B. Contact Celebrity and cancel booking and book new one

C. Use online cancel with Celebrity or TA? Will it automatically give OBC

What are my chances to avoid the $100/pp cancellation fee with any of these options?

Black Friday promos are going on and I would call but would probably be hours to get ahold of someone! 

Thanks All!

You are pretty much stuck working through your TA, but perhaps they can persuade Celebrity to forgo the cancellation fee.  You have zero chance of getting the penalty lifted if you cancel by computer.

• Like 1

You will need to contact your TA to handle this for you.   If you wish to rebook using a refundable rate you will need to cancel and then book again.    If you want to retain the non refundable deposit the existing reservation can be moved to the new ship/sail date.

In the first case you will have to wait for the FCC so you would need to place a new deposit on the new sailing.   In the second case I don't believe there will be any additional cash outlay.  From what I understand they add the $100 pp admin fee to the new booking.

Yes, you must go through your TA which is really the point of having a TA so not sure why not just doing that. And yes, most likely will cost $100. 

But if you have some extensive history with Celebrity, your TA may be able to work a better set up. My TA transferred a booking from one Celebrity itinerary to another and when X was going to charge me $100, she asked them to look at my booking history and said: ‘Do you want to really charge someone $100 for moving from one of your bookings to another and they have cruised with you so many many times??’…..they didnt charge me, but that is because of my silver-tongued TA. 

Den

• Like 2