Anthem of the Seas

ranchette

Been on three 11 day cruises on Anthem.  Solo travelers all over.  All 12 Studio Balconies filled every trip, plus many more piling up the points in "normal" cabins or JS.  Yes there were solo and singles meet-ups.  After several trips as solo in an inside cabin, I'm now completely hooked on the Studio Balconies.  The Cabin stewards are much more attentive to the Studio guests.  Points don't matter, I'll never make it much past my current "Diamond".

35 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Been on three 11 day cruises on Anthem.  Solo travelers all over.  All 12 Studio Balconies filled every trip, plus many more piling up the points in "normal" cabins or JS.  Yes there were solo and singles meet-ups.  After several trips as solo in an inside cabin, I'm now completely hooked on the Studio Balconies.  The Cabin stewards are much more attentive to the Studio guests.  Points don't matter, I'll never make it much past my current "Diamond".

I didn't know they had studio balconies. How do I get a price on them?

I have traveled solo for years, and it is my preferred way to cruise. I don’t normally attend the meetup, because it’s not really my thing, but I know others that do. I did meet a couple of solos on my recent Wonder TA, on the Roll Call, and would meet up for drinks and play trivia together.

I personally won’t book single cabins, since my goal is to get to 340 points, which then gets you a discount as a solo cruiser. They can add up pretty quickly when booking double occupancy cabins.

Also make sure to check out your Roll Call. 

Edited by crzndeb

3 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I have traveled solo for years, and it is my preferred way to cruise. I don’t normally attend the meetup, because it’s not really my thing, but I know others that do. I did meet a couple of solos on my recent Wonder TA, on the Roll Call, and would meet up for drinks and play trivia together.

I personally won’t book single cabins, since my goal is to get to 340 points, which then gets you a discount as a solo cruiser. They can add up pretty quickly when booking double occupancy cabins.

Also make sure to check out your Roll Call. 

I am very new at traveling solo never really done it yet. I have gone with a girlfriend but never alone.When is your next cruise if I may ask? Do you always go on Royal?

Just now, ranchette said:

Are they very much less expensive then a normal balcony?

Not necessarily. I've got 2 normal (well, obstructed) balcony cabins booked on Anthem and one is booked with just me in it. They are right next to the studio cabins. But at the time I booked it would have cost me an extra $800 to book a studio cabin.

Moral of the story: be sure to check the prices for both.

29 minutes ago, ranchette said:

I am very new at traveling solo never really done it yet. I have gone with a girlfriend but never alone.When is your next cruise if I may ask? Do you always go on Royal?

Right now I am cruising on Royal, but have also gone on other lines, Carnival the most.

I’m not solo on my next cruise, which is New Years on Navigator. Going with daughters and grandkids. Not sure how I will do sharing a cabin..😂

My next solo is B5B on Ovation next year from Sydney.

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

Right now I am cruising on Royal, but have also gone on other lines, Carnival the most.

I’m not solo on my next cruise, which is New Years on Navigator. Going with daughters and grandkids. Not sure how I will do sharing a cabin..😂

My next solo is B5B on Ovation next year from Sydney.

I'm going on the Anthem in January with my sister & brother-in-law. My husband passed away in April and we had this cruise already booked.We had cruised on the Anthem at least 5 other times but always together. It will be strange.

16 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

We are on the Anthem, for the first time in January. Are you required to make reservations for any shows beforehand?

Cheers

Len

On Anthem currently.  They ask that you do reservations for shows in 270 due to smaller seating space.  No reservations required for shows in theater.  

9 hours ago, I Love RCI said:

On Anthem currently.  They ask that you do reservations for shows in 270 due to smaller seating space.  No reservations required for shows in theater.  

How is the internet on anthem? I am going on January and need internet for my kids online classes. 

2 hours ago, Stick93 said:

How is the internet on anthem? I am going on January and need internet for my kids online classes. 

It varies by several factors.  Ship location, weather, time of day, how many people using it, your location on the ship and in relation to nearest hotspot, etc.  We were on in August and again now...   some moments it's ok and no problems, other times it shows you are connected to wifi but without internet connection. YMMV

20 minutes ago, Mallow said:

Any idea if the Anthem has Starlink yet or when it may be installed?  We are on in late January and both need to work a little bit during sea days.

Someone reported recently that it's supposed to be next month.