Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Congrats! We have 1116 on this ship in March, first time in a RS. Will look forward to your experience!

Pictures will certainly follow.

You will love it.     One thing I love is that you get 4 internet accounts for your room.    Having 2  media device attached I won't have to sign in every time we come back to room. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

The "powers that be" should just admit that they are short staffed.  Mr. Singh was supposed to leave before you boarded.  And the Captain's Club host was to start her leave on September 24th but had to stay on the second leg of our September B2B.

Love Mr Singh.    He was extended and extended.   He then requested to extend beyond the end of this sailing so he could return home when his wife does but this time they said no.   Geez you would think they would work with him after he bent over backward for them. 

We haven't seen him in a couple days as he is usually at dinner when we go down for drinks.  Herma has been take care of us for sure.  

I'm impressed with the whole staff on this ship   They really work well together and compliment each other.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We had our B2B meeting this morning.   Real quick and not many questions. 

Mario handled it really well.    He had the head of each department come up and say a couple words and gave away gifts and offered many promotions.

Shore Excursions -  15% off all tours booked the first day

Spa -   20% treatments booked on first day

Specialty Dining 1st night 30% off and 20% for remainder of week

Free Specialty Dining for 2 Certificate

$100 OBC Certificate

Bag of Laundry

MDR -  Free bottle of wine and all invited to B2B lunch in MDR

Bottle of Champagne. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Mario handled it really well.    He had the head of each department come up and say a couple words and gave away gifts and offered many promotions.

$100 OBC Certificate

Bag of Laundry

Bottle of Champagne. 

Wow! We got precisely bupkis on our B2B on Constellation in May and our B2B2B on Summit in August and September. I suppose it depends on the Hotel Manger. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

$100 OBC Certificate

Bag of Laundry

Bottle of Champagne. 

Holy Guacamole, Batman!!  That's just awesome+... 

12 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Wow! We got precisely bupkis on our B2B on Constellation in May and our B2B2B on Summit in August and September. I suppose it depends on the Hotel Manger. 

Yea ...agree.    Your ears must have been ringing, Joan @jelayne and I were saying how much we missed you when you cancelled this cruise.     I was really surprised by how many gifts they gave away.    I of course didn't win anything.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Thanks for the great live report Jim.  I have really enjoyed cruising along with you.  I hope to see you at the roll call slot pull on the second leg December 12th.

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis - I hope I make it to the Slot Pull   I will have to put in a calendar reminder.   I often go into cruise amnesia and forget about events.

Do you know which type slot machine will be used?    We seem to have done our best on wheel of fortune. 

These time zone changes really have gotten me out of sync.   Not only the time zone but the sun started coming up at 5:30.   The small ray of light kicked my body into awake time.    Unfortunately I had to wait until 6:30 for Al Bacio to open.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

These time zone changes really have gotten me out of sync.   Not only the time zone but the sun started coming up at 5:30.   The small ray of light kicked my body into awake time.    Unfortunately I had to wait until 6:30 for Al Bacio to open.

On the rare occasion I am up and about before Al Bacio opens, I have found the coffee machine in Michael's Club convenient.  

• Like 1

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

New discovery yesterday  (only take me a week).   I checked the Menu at al Bacio an they still have Affagato on the Menu.     Will definitely have to get my first this afternoon. 

Outstanding.  I plan to order one, even if it is not on the menu.  All they can say is no. 

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

On the rare occasion I am up and about before Al Bacio opens, I have found the coffee machine in Michael's Club convenient.  

Unfortunately on the non-revolutionized Solstice the machine is behind the bar and not turned on until the bar tender and servers arrive. 

I know I cold have gone to Ocean View but that battery acid is not kind to my stomach. 

Just now, DaKahuna said:

Outstanding.  I plan to order one, even if it is not on the menu.  All they can say is no. 

I've been told that if not on the menu and you stop by and get the Gelato they will make it for you.    Also the Retreat bartender said she would make one for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Unfortunately on the non-revolutionized Solstice the machine is behind the bar and not turned on until the bar tender and servers arrive. 

I know I cold have gone to Ocean View but that battery acid is not kind to my stomach. 

I could not remember.  I have given up having coffee before breakfast so could not remember if it was on top of the bar as you entered the lounge or not.  

I agree - I cannot drink that coffee nor the coffee they serve with room service.  

My wife and I have taken to drinking green tea vs coffee most mornings.  That we can make in our room using the tea bags we get from the Retreat lounge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I could not remember.  I have given up having coffee before breakfast so could not remember if it was on top of the bar as you entered the lounge or not.  

I agree - I cannot drink that coffee nor the coffee they serve with room service.  

My wife and I have taken to drinking green tea vs coffee most mornings.  That we can make in our room using the tea bags we get from the Retreat lounge. 

Iain is a big tea drinker but brews it as dark as coffee.  I enjoy ice tea but never drink hot tea.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

$100 OBC Certificate

Bag of Laundry

Bottle of Champagne. 

Wow!  On our b2b meeting, nothing was given out as gifts/prks. However, we were a very small group of 400.

• Like 1

I have really enjoyed following along your trip. We will be joining your 2nd leg tomorrow. I’ve been so disorganized I have not even joined the roll call like I normally do. Looking forward to boarding tomorrow.

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

$100 OBC Certificate

Bag of Laundry

Bottle of Champagne. 

Mario is the best. We have sailed with him and he is a big fan of Henrietta. 

Dianne

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Makes two of us. I had to turn on the TV this morning to get the ships time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

I'm thinking an eastbound TA would be brutal.

Actually not as difficult as we had imagined.   We've done a couple and one in April planed.

The problem with this cruise is back and forth and back and forth.