Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The ship must be empty.  

I just did a speed test as was blown away.  

7C30562F-729C-4ED2-A0E8-B7A0A29D2880.thumb.png.c221192495c2e911190360dbb362279d.png

4BCDAEAE-659E-4B61-8B74-20ED3CF10645.thumb.jpeg.5558c7a6148c0ae077ded76112b4c30b.jpeg

I am working on the ship and have had no problem with Zoom and Teams meetings. I was a little worried when you mentioned last week how slow the internet is, but it’s been a pleasant surprise. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xyla said:

I am working on the ship and have had no problem with Zoom and Teams meetings. I was a little worried when you mentioned last week how slow the internet is, but it’s been a pleasant surprise. 

I’m impressed.  Maybe they tweaked it.  Last week in Cabo lots of buffering. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I can't remember if I asked before or not but does Iian take his with a shot of Bailey's or not?  I like mine that way.

He never has a drink before cocktails at 7:30.   That of course is PM.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, REEtired said:

Hi Jim and I’m joining late to the party. I’ve been away due to eye surgery!  We lived in SoCal for 31 years, LA county, and sailed the Mexican Riviera cruise many many times.  Will be following along to hear your observations about how things are now. We left Diamond Bar for the beaches of Delaware and left friends in Irvine. Safe travels to you both. 
Marie

Welcome.    This B2B is our first visit to the Mexican Riviera and really enjoying. 

I hope your eye surgery went well.  Mine was quite extensive but combined with Cataract since they were already at it.   I love not having to wear glasses.   I'm in the final stages of recovery and tapering off prednisone  after 12 weeks.   Friday I finally drop to 1 drop a day down from 7.  

• Like 1

Today we are having a late breakfast in our room.    I'm up at 7:00 AM enjoying a couple cups of cappuccino.    

Wish us luck as we are going on a noon whale watching tour.   Celebrity didn't offer any whale watching tours so booked it via Expedia.   It's about a week earlier than the beginning of whale season but hoping for some early arrivals.  

Some passengers saw a Humpback while at sea yesterday so we have hopes

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We decided to stay aboard today.   We may go ashore tonight but for sure tomorrow to go Whale Watching. 

I discovered they still have Affogato on Solstice. 

AF4EF800-36BD-46C9-AC00-FB06D7B8C6AE.jpeg

I miss getting Affogato’s. I asked for them on Summit and Edge and was told they no longer had them. Don’t expect Beyond to have them either in February. 😩

26 minutes ago, CruisinBanka said:

I miss getting Affogato’s. I asked for them on Summit and Edge and was told they no longer had them. Don’t expect Beyond to have them either in February. 😩

I was on Summit and was told if I brought over the Gelato they would make one for me.    Does Edge have Gelato station, really don't remember.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was on Summit and was told if I brought over the Gelato they would make one for me.    Does Edge have Gelato station, really don't remember.

Thought about doing that but could never find anyone serving Gelato when I was there. Edge has their Gelato in OVC (for a up charge) with their regular ice cream. 

6 minutes ago, CruisinBanka said:

Thought about doing that but could never find anyone serving Gelato when I was there. Edge has their Gelato in OVC (for a up charge) with their regular ice cream. 

Ahhh.. yes... now I remember.    Will be back on  Apex in March.

Also the Retreat Bartender offered to make me one if I wanted one.    She was making Chocolate Martini with Ice Cream for a guest.   I guess it's a Vodka Milk Shake.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Ahhh.. yes... now I remember.    Will be back on  Apex in March.

Also the Retreat Bartender offered to make me one if I wanted one.    She was making Chocolate Martini with Ice Cream for a guest.   I guess it's a Vodka Milk Shake.  LOL

That’s good to know as I will be on the Beyond for a B3B in February! Thanks!

6 minutes ago, CruisinBanka said:

That’s good to know as I will be on the Beyond for a B3B in February! Thanks!

I'm on an S-Class so pretty easy   May be more difficult on an E-Class because of the distances.   It never hurts to ask. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Today we are having a late breakfast in our room.    I'm up at 7:00 AM enjoying a couple cups of cappuccino.    

Wish us luck as we are going on a noon whale watching tour.   Celebrity didn't offer any whale watching tours so booked it via Expedia.   It's about a week earlier than the beginning of whale season but hoping for some early arrivals.  

Some passengers saw a Humpback while at sea yesterday so we have hopes

Hope you saw some whales today Jim 

We cruised in November to Mexico w NCL and did a Deluxe coast sailing which cruises the coast for 2 hours 

They don’t guarantee you’ll see whales but we got so lucky and saw 3 up close 

Two we’re playing and one of them slapped it’s tail 10 times over and over.   Absolutely made the excursion even better 

Plus November is a little early for whales so it was even more exciting 

3A122B43-D740-40F6-80B0-69BBD1F49B6A.jpeg

A6D296D0-1756-4FFC-A66B-62B7DE4B10F3.jpeg

06BD7084-C523-4027-A627-2575C5F13CA9.jpeg

B86650D2-B5B8-4EDF-A4E5-1FD13FB0A852.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, LaCal said:

Hope you saw some whales today Jim 

We cruised in November to Mexico w NCL and did a Deluxe coast sailing which cruises the coast for 2 hours 

They don’t guarantee you’ll see whales but we got so lucky and saw 3 up close 

Two we’re playing and one of them slapped it’s tail 10 times over and over.   Absolutely made the excursion even better 

Plus November is a little early for whales so it was even more exciting 

We saw lots of whales.   Standby -   Pictures later.    We were following one for about 35 minutes and he rewarded us with a good time.     We were more than pleased with our tour.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Went. Whale Watching in Cabo’s.  Saw more whales than we have ever seen on a tour. 

Amazing.  I bet the people on shore also got a nice view of this as it looks like you were very close to shore. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We saw lots of whales.   Standby -   Pictures later.    We were following one for about 35 minutes and he rewarded us with a good time.     We were more than pleased with our tour.

Best whale watch I've ever been on was out of Cabo.  Lots of whales up close.

• Like 4

On 12/4/2022 at 12:23 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Warning -   SS1  2132.       Our room is right under a major cart route to the Galley in Ocean View and you can definitely hear the carts start rolling early.    I'll have to put an entry on the Spreadsheet.

We had a CC cabin under a cart route and they started daily at 4:30 am. Never slept a wink after that time until they moved us