Pre boarding & Muster drill question

I haven’t cruised since 2019, and I know things have changed for boarding. I have a few questions to help ease my mind.

I know that I saw in the Royal App that there is a health check the day before departure- what will be asked? General questions about health? Any information is appreciated 

I know there is a video to watch the muster drill information. Does that appear in the app?  If DH watches the video with me how do we check off that he viewed it?

my sister in law will be cruising for the first time with us. Can she and her DH watch with us? Or do they need to do their own?  Their booking is linked with ours (that’s why I ask).

when boarding the ship, we report to our muster station for a final check off?  
As I said,  we haven’t cruised for sometime and I know a lot changed for check in. And when DH asks me questions- which he will, I want to sound like I know what I’m talking about 😉

thank you for any help!  Gabrielle 

• Like 1

The health check questions are along the lines of have you had symptoms recently or been exposed to anyone with Covid recently. And I think have you traveled outside the United States recently. each individual person needs to watch the muster drill information, and then you all check in at your muster station For a three minute follow up and then they check you off the list. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Gabrielle R. said:

I haven’t cruised since 2019, and I know things have changed for boarding. I have a few questions to help ease my mind.

I know that I saw in the Royal App that there is a health check the day before departure- what will be asked? General questions about health? Any information is appreciated 

I know there is a video to watch the muster drill information. Does that appear in the app?  If DH watches the video with me how do we check off that he viewed it?

my sister in law will be cruising for the first time with us. Can she and her DH watch with us? Or do they need to do their own?  Their booking is linked with ours (that’s why I ask).

when boarding the ship, we report to our muster station for a final check off?  
As I said,  we haven’t cruised for sometime and I know a lot changed for check in. And when DH asks me questions- which he will, I want to sound like I know what I’m talking about 😉

thank you for any help!  Gabrielle 

As @RCCLNYMETS41 said the questions are pretty generic.  I believe there are only three of them. 

The safety video is available on the App. When you open the App, look for the "Safety" icon at the bottom.   You both inform the crew when you check in at your muster location onboard that you have watched the video.  

Yes, your entire group can watch together.  My wife and I normally watch the video after breakfast and while waiting for time to depart the hotel and head to the ship.  Helps to kill the time. 

Yes, you must report to your muster location onboard to complete the safety process. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 1

Also interesting to hear the cruise director come over the loudspeaker about a half hour before sail away and give the number of people who have not checked in and that the ship can not sail until everyone has checked in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

Also interesting to hear the cruise director come over the loudspeaker about a half hour before sail away and give the number of people who have not checked in and that the ship can not sail until everyone has checked in. 

I DON’T want to be one of those people!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

Though that has happened since I started Cruising, always a few didnt show up and were called out by Name. Funny thing was last month on B4B my name was called start of 4th leg, also called my Cabin saying I hadnt checked in. Nope actually I had, was first one there like previous 3 Cruises. Was there before Crew set up. At least they didnt make me go down again

If you're one of the early groups to board, the muster station might not be staffed to mark you complete.  If that happens, just return there in the early afternoon.

You can also watch the muster information on the tv in your cabin.  You don't have to use the app.

• Like 1

I plan on watching it before we board… here is a new question: where does the video show up on the app?

D4: thank you for the information about watching it on the tv in the state room!  Might have my sister in law do that if we can’t get their video to work 

• Like 1

There are currently three questions and they are the ones you answer when you do online check in.  They also confirm them at the pier.

Are you vaxxed, are you boosted and are you more than 23 (or 24 can't remember) weeks pregnant.  We have done 3 b2bs and one single cruise in the last year and they quit doing the 24 hour before questions a few months ago.  

We watch the lifejacket video and listen to the alarm before we get to the port.  Very easy and very quick.  We then can go by our muster station at any time.

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, kelbell said:

Can anyone tell me what time the muster stations open? Or do they have staff

just waiting all day for ppl to check in? This will be our first time back to cruising.

In my experience it varies by ship. We've had to wait until 12pm before, but yesterday they were open at 11am when boarding began.