Chic vs. Casual

ggo85

We board Reflection on New Year's Eve and expect it to be a Chic night.  My husband will bring and wear his tux 2 nights. His choice and we don't care what others are wearing as long as they follow the dress code.  I will also wear an evening outfit, but not a gown.

• Like 2

What we wear depends on if we fly or not. The weight of my gown and his tux with all the accoutrements is just to much since the airlines are so strict with the weight of the luggage. We will be sailing from Miami this Saturday and we will be taking formal wear. We drive up and back so weight is not a problem.

You will see all kinds forms of dress on Evening Chic. Everyone is comfortable. I just hope they enforce the "no shorts in the dining room" rule. 

On a Princess cruise, this young "lady" had on shiny hoochi coochi shorts and you could just about see her hoochi coochi. The waiter shrugged and said she was Brazilian.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

The last two i bought were from the shop on the Reflection in August.  i love the brand. They are not cheap but great shirts that last forever 

I'll have to check them out. Thanks.  

13 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

You will see all kinds forms of dress on Evening Chic. Everyone is comfortable. I just hope they enforce the "no shorts in the dining room" rule. 

Good luck with that.  If they don't, please don't let it spoil your cruise. 

On 12/14/2022 at 10:48 AM, RedIguana said:

But I am also used to wearing pants when playing golf if it is under 78 or so.

" under 78 " ? If your golf score is under 78, that's acceptable.

Otherwise, up here you would look out of place wearing long pants until it's under 50.

Question ( LOL )--- when we were on a cruise " years " ago , during the putting " tournament "  an " aggressive " speaking man ( BSer ) told me his golf hcp was 6---- I replied that mine was 4.

Who takes the 2 stroke penalty for lying ??

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Otherwise, up here you would look out of place wearing long pants until it's under 50

Under 50 I am wearing thermal pants, long pants, a-shirt, thermal shirt, golf shirt, and maybe a sweater:) I had my Hcp index down to about 8.6 at one point, but that was from the white tees. just don't have the length. Put me on the tips and it will be a 95......

• Like 1

The last few years we've gone with Country Club Casual which is good enough for just about any night these days.

We just came home from a cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam and I only saw a few sport coats. I also saw diners having dinner with baseball caps on but I also saw those in shorts denied entry in the MDR.

38 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

The last few years we've gone with Country Club Casual which is good enough for just about any night these days.

We just came home from a cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam and I only saw a few sport coats. I also saw diners having dinner with baseball caps on but I also saw those in shorts denied entry in the MDR.

I am SOOO glad they were not allowed in the MDR. If they don't want to dress, go to buffet or dine in your room! It is not like you won't be fed.

As far as Country Club Casual, I guess it depends on the Country Club. We were in Detroit over Thanksgiving and men wore jackets and ladies skirts or dresses on a Wednesday night.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

As far as Country Club Casual, I guess it depends on the Country Club. We were in Detroit over Thanksgiving and men wore jackets and ladies skirts or dresses on a Wednesday night.

That's not at all typical of Country Club Casual.

7 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

We won't. We will be in Lumenae. People in there would not wear shorts to dinner.

Oh, if only that was always the case.  Unfortunately, I have seen adults in shorts and t-shirt in Luminae for dinner.  Not very often but it has happened. 

22 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Oh, if only that was always the case.  Unfortunately, I have seen adults in shorts and t-shirt in Luminae for dinner.  Not very often but it has happened. 

THAT is pathetic! I think I would have to stand up and ask the other dinners if they feel the dress code should be enforced. Maybe most folks wouldn't mind, but I hope not.

Edited by Keys Kathy
add
  • Haha 3

On 12/14/2022 at 1:58 PM, ldubs said:

I notice that people on CC frequently mention that brand, Tommy Bahama,  of the shirt they are wearing.  They seem to be the official aloha shirts for cruises.     

Since my DH retired he pretty much lives in Tommy Bahama shirts and khaki shorts. You should have heard the grumbling when I told him he was going to have to put on pants for dinner on our upcoming Reflection cruise. 🤣

• Like 1