Currently on Equinox...observations

Smmessineo

I'm on the Equinox December 1-12 cruise.

My experience so far is the staffing level is great. At  bars there are always multiple bartenders and roving waitstaff.

The entertainment is fantastic. Eddy Jenkins is cruise director There are multiple performers of various styles, so always live music to be heard if you read the planner. The headliners are super. A Buddy Holly tribute band  The Rave-Ons is here now and Ashle Amber Harris (Whitney Houston ) is scheduled in a few days.

The few issues/complaints we had were resolved quickly. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Smmessineo said:

My experience so far is the staffing level is great. At  bars there are always multiple bartenders and roving waitstaff.

The entertainment is fantastic. Eddy Jenkins is cruise director There are multiple performers of various styles, so always live music to be heard if you read the planner. The headliners are super. A Buddy Holly tribute band  The Rave-Ons is here now and Ashle Amber Harris (Whitney Houston ) is scheduled in a few days.

Glad you're having a good time.

• Like 1

Great to hear!  We loved Equinox when we sailed at the end of July.  Hand down, the best crew we have ever sailed with.  Ashle Amber Harris Is a wonderful entertainer!  You will enjoy her show.  Sign up for the glass blowing class if you have a chance!  Everyone raved over the bowl I made and put out at Thanksgiving.  Yes, it’s expensive but worth it.

• Like 3

DW and I will board Equinox on 12/12, the first time on that ship. The Southern Caribbean itinerary is great and presents some of that region's most beautiful islands. We have spent land vacations on all, but Martinique and we look forward to returning to some of our favorite places, while enjoying the amenities that Equinox has to offer.

Seems as though Equinox has started you off with a "cruising high." Good to know. I'm sure that it will only get better.

• Like 1

Glad to hear all the positive comments.

We cruised on Equinox Nov 3- 12 ABC island itinerary and had a great time.

Food was excellent, and the entire crew / staff was outstanding.

Hope everyone enjoys their cruises as much as we did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

Eddie is definitely one of the very  BEST cruise directors! He really makes a difference in the whole vibe of the ship!

If you get a chance could you ask his vacation schedule. We are on the Equinox for 35 days starting Jan.30 and I would be so excited to know he'll be our CD!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

DW and I will board Equinox on 12/12, the first time on that ship. The Southern Caribbean itinerary is great and presents some of that region's most beautiful islands. We have spent land vacations on all, but Martinique and we look forward to returning to some of our favorite places, while enjoying the amenities that Equinox has to offer.

Seems as though Equinox has started you off with a "cruising high." Good to know. I'm sure that it will only get better.

We're on it with you, we're B2B !

Great itinerary. In St. Maarten today, first port  (not on the 12/12 cruise). I had forgotten how hot that sun is is S Caribbean , I'm a Floridian and my morning hike today wiped me out 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chamima said:

Eddie is definitely one of the very  BEST cruise directors! He really makes a difference in the whole vibe of the ship!

If you get a chance could you ask his vacation schedule. We are on the Equinox for 35 days starting Jan.30 and I would be so excited to know he'll be our CD!

Thanks!

If I catch him anywhere, I will ask. I want to compliment him on the entertainment schedule, so I will try to find him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Is Eddy doing any of his "10 Things You Didn't Know..." presentations, and if so, what, please? He is one of my favorite CD's too. 

He has done one on pop music and one about things to see while cruising. Looks like one on Wales and one on ship life are coming up.

We've watched them on when replayed on TV. Fun events!

Thank you so much for your review!  So great to hear  ☺️   

Your post was particularly helpful to me as we will be sailing Equinox (not until June 2023 tho) with two other couples....one couple has never sailed X and the other couple has never sailed at all.  Passing your comments along to them as the couple who have never cruised before are a little apprehensive and don't know what to expect.  This was a great summary!

And thank you also to the poster who commented on the glass blowing...the other two ladies have already signed up so am passing your comments along as well ☺️

• Like 2

We just got off a 19 night B2B on Dec 1 and totally agree with you about the ship, entertainment and Eddy.  The Rave-Ons were terrific.  Funny thing was I didn't know who they were but when they came on the stage all I could think of was that the lead singer looked like Buddy Holly!   I loved the ending of the show when he sang the slightly modified version of American Pie to the point when Holly died.  Wow.  

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  

4 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

We're on it with you, we're B2B !

Great itinerary. In St. Maarten today, first port  (not on the 12/12 cruise). I had forgotten how hot that sun is is S Caribbean , I'm a Floridian and my morning hike today wiped me out 

Nice! Hopefully, the enjoyment of the first leg will continue to build right on through the completion of the second leg. You do realize that you now have a hand in how ship-shape the shape of the ship will be when we step aboard on 12/12.

• Haha 3

So glad you are enjoying your trip! I was on the Equinox in August. It was my first Celebrity cruise and I loved it so much I booked another one for January, this time on the Beyond. I thought the staff was particularly good compared to other cruise lines. I’m a super picky eater but always found food I liked. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Hi Wally!

Kevin and Barbie here! Hope all is well with you both.

We are spending 19 days on Equinox starting January 30th! Bev and Walt from Texas joining us on the first 10 days. 

Have a great cruise! Just wanted to stop by and say hi!

Cheers! 

So glad to hear that service is good - we are sailing on the Equinox January 12th and are bringing along 2 couples who haven't been on X as of yet. 

We just got off Sky Princess on Saturday and off and on in the dining room the service was slow.  They are understaffed for a full ship.  

Really looking for to the Equinox for the ABCs!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

Hi Wally!

Kevin and Barbie here! Hope all is well with you both.

We are spending 19 days on Equinox starting January 30th! Bev and Walt from Texas joining us on the first 10 days. 

Have a great cruise! Just wanted to stop by and say hi!

Cheers! 

Thanks for dropping by and wishing us well. We are very much looking forward to Equinox, the Southern Caribbean and the good folks who will be cruising along with us, including passengers, staff and crew. You know, if you guys, along with Walt and Bev, did some last-minute juggling and hustling you all could join us on the 12/12 sailing. Kind of a preview of what's to come on Jan 30. 

Thank you for the positive review and information! I will be boarding on the 12th and then again in Feb. My cruise on the Silhouette last month was very "underwhelming" so I look forward to the Equinox. The entertainment can make such a difference. It was really mediocre on the Silhouette and theatre was half full on the nights we went. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!!

15 minutes ago, read2learn said:

Thank you for the positive review and information! I will be boarding on the 12th and then again in Feb. My cruise on the Silhouette last month was very "underwhelming" so I look forward to the Equinox. The entertainment can make such a difference. It was really mediocre on the Silhouette and theatre was half full on the nights we went. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!!

Don't step aboard Equinox looking for an "overwhelming" experience in order to compensate. No pre-conceived notions but rather open-minded expectations will serve you best. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Thanks for dropping by and wishing us well. We are very much looking forward to Equinox, the Southern Caribbean and the good folks who will be cruising along with us, including passengers, staff and crew. You know, if you guys, along with Walt and Bev, did some last-minute juggling and hustling you all could join us on the 12/12 sailing. Kind of a preview of what's to come on Jan 30. 

Would love to but a lot going on in December. Barbie’s brother and wife moved to NC so heading down for the Holidays.

we are sailing 49 days straight starting with Equinox moving over to Beyond then Reflection.

our way of getting out of the Northern cold. 
did the same last winter different ships.

safe sailing!

Cheers! 

2 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Don't step aboard Equinox looking for an "overwhelming" experience in order to compensate. No pre-conceived notions but rather open-minded expectations will serve you best. 

Not looking for overwhelming experience. Just want to feel the Celebrity experience again. 

On 12/4/2022 at 6:25 AM, Smmessineo said:

Ah!  So that's where she is!  I inquired on a different thread about a different ship wondering if the Whitney tribute act was her.  It wasn't.  But I did get some nice comments about Ashlie in that thread.  I'll see her on a different Celebrity cruise (a charter) in a few months.  You'll see her sooner than that, lucky dog. 🤩

3 hours ago, read2learn said:

Funny thing about crowds... on my cruise on the Millie last month, I saw the show Boogie Wonderland and the vocalist Kristina Wells.  I thought both were good, but neither came close to filling the theater.  There were under 200 people at each show, which was a shame.  Lots of excuses for it - starting with the fact that the ship was clearly not close to capacity.

5 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

One curious question on the Equinox, which terminal does it depart from & arrive at.  Getting nervous about the parking situation as I've read some stories.  Is there a way to find out ahead of time?

What is the date of your cruise?  You can see the specific terminal schedule on the Port Everglades website.