Main dining room charges for extra plate

JOHN 57

2 minutes ago, poocher said:

No charge for extra plates or food.  There is speculation that they will begin charging for additional lobster tails but at present that is just speculation.  Order as many plates as you want.

Exactly true.  At worst it will be like the corkage fee, always possible but never happens. 

• Thanks 1

I read review from by a person which sailed on that trial cruise on Symphony. He said no charge for extra plate (except for lobster tail which was much better than original one), but they do not bring the next one until you finish the first. Seems reasonable to me.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tatka said:

I read review from by a person which sailed on that trial cruise on Symphony. He said no charge for extra plate (except for lobster tail which was much better than original one), but they do not bring the next one until you finish the first. Seems reasonable to me.

That makes sense.  

• Like 1

Ohhhhhh!  I actually was packing some Chinet (worried they wouldn't be allowed in the MDR on formal night) then swapped them out for a few Corelle dinner plates whose pattern closely matched that of the MDR.  I mean, I figured if I talked nicely to the waitstaff and used my plate...

So glad to hear it's all just a rumor for now.

But I am keeping the Chinet for my Carnival cruise to try the same.  I managed to buy the same style Chinet they use in their MDR.