Elite Drinks

baldilocks

5 hours ago, cgags47 said:

From my understanding, the Happy Hour is available at "most" bars throughout the ship.  Dining Room and Room Service is not included.

I was on an RCI cruise last summer with my Grandson and was able to get a glass of wine with my HH benefits and he usually ordered a coke or a Shirley Temple.  No charge for either.  The red wine was a Robert Mondavi. 

6 minutes ago, dazey said:

Martini Bar does serve HH Elite drinks.

Martini bar so crowded from 5 to 7 its sometimes hard to get a drink there nevermind a place to sit.

We find the Martini Bar busy so we usually pass on it but every once in awhile we find two seats at the bar and it is fun.  On our cruise last week we went to Sunset Bar but the cigar smell was blowing our way so we left.   The bar was not crowded at all to our surprise. Cannot recall if it was on a day when we were in port in Bermuda for three days but that may be the reason it was not crowded.  

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I was on an RCI cruise last summer with my Grandson and was able to get a glass of wine with my HH benefits and he usually ordered a coke or a Shirley Temple.  No charge for either.  The red wine was a Robert Mondavi. 

Yes, Royal Caribbean does allow one to use their drink coupons in the restaurants.  Celebrity does not.  

The only place I can recall not being able to use our Diamond Plus CC drinks was the Bionic Bar and the Champagne Bar.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes, Royal Caribbean does allow one to use their drink coupons in the restaurants.  Celebrity does not.  

The only place I can recall not being able to use our Diamond Plus CC drinks was the Bionic Bar and the Champagne Bar.

Would like to see Celebrity use the same rather than the 5-7PM. 

However, people don't want change and say 'Cruise RCI.' LOL

10 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Am not in favor of the former and agree with the latter. 

36 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Am not in favor of the former and agree with the latter. 

Thanks for your opinion. 

Maybe we should have a poll on this. 

So far:

2 in favor 

1 against

You loose. 2 to 1.

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

the two systems are different. We prefer Celebrity's. Choice is good

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the penguins said:

the two systems are different. We prefer Celebrity's. Choice is good

I like RCIs diamond lounge. The snacks and canapés really good some were hot good selection of cheeses and wine.  Unfortunately I only found it on the second to last night of our cruise. 

58 minutes ago, asctony said:

Thanks for your opinion. 

Maybe we should have a poll on this. 

So far:

2 in favor 

1 against

You loose. 2 to 1.

it also depends on your drinking habits.

On Royal as D+ we would get 5 (or is it 6) drinks a day at any time.

However we don't drink any alcohol and our Elite+ benefits gives us:

unlimited speciality coffees/teas/chocolate all day. Plus from 5 to 7 we can get enough bottled water/sodas/juices to take us through the the whole of the next day. The speciality drinks are available in the Al Bacio and at every bar that has an espresso machine. We can also get the lattes in the MDR.

The above is way, way more than the Royal system.

Choice is good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I like RCIs diamond lounge. The snacks and canapés really good some were hot good selection of cheeses and wine.  Unfortunately I only found it on the second to last night of our cruise. 

On our last RCL cruise the Diamond lounge was not very nice, well the whole ship need a major make over 

47 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

On our last RCL cruise the Diamond lounge was not very nice, well the whole ship need a major make over 

Oh what a shame. I took my 11 year old Grandson on adventure of the seas mainly for the water slides and Perfect Day at Coco Cay. I was surprised at how nice the Diamond Lounge was on a very old ship. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Oh what a shame. I took my 11 year old Grandson on adventure of the seas mainly for the water slides and Perfect Day at Coco Cay. I was surprised at how nice the Diamond Lounge was on a very old ship. 

I agree the Crown Lounge on the Adventure is really nice. 

11 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Even the Diamond + were ***** about the Diamond lounge on the Voyager 

The cruise was about 2/3 filled , with about 60% Diamond and above 

We recently reached Elite status but have never sailed without a drink package.  We are thinking about skipping the drink package and taking advantage of the Elite HH.  Drink packages as well as the all included seem to have gone up in price so not sure its worth it for us.  When I looked at the HH menu it seemed like it was all alcoholic drinks (no complaints lol!) but can you also get bottled sodas and water and is it unlimited?  If so that makes a big difference...

2 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

We recently reached Elite status but have never sailed without a drink package.  We are thinking about skipping the drink package and taking advantage of the Elite HH.  Drink packages as well as the all included seem to have gone up in price so not sure its worth it for us.  When I looked at the HH menu it seemed like it was all alcoholic drinks (no complaints lol!) but can you also get bottled sodas and water and is it unlimited?  If so that makes a big difference...

Unlimited to the fact that you can get as many as they will give you from 5 to 7 pm.  They really don't squawk about soda and water. I've asked for a can of coke and water at the same time no ???? asked. Also wine and water.  I rarely get a drink package as not fussed about their wine selections.  I've even had a premium wine poured as part of my HH benefits. Yay Decoy. 🍷

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

Unlimited to the fact that you can get as many as they will give you from 5 to 7 pm.  They really don't squawk about soda and water. I've asked for a can of coke and water at the same time no ???? asked. Also wine and water.  I rarely get a drink package as not fussed about their wine selections.  I've even had a premium wine poured as part of my HH benefits. Yay Decoy. 🍷

Perfect thanks! So when you order a drink between 5-7 do you need to mention that you are Elite so they don't charge you?   We are seriously thinking of going without a drink package next cruise and just want to be sure I understand how it works.  We will still buy a few drinks, or maybe a wine package to supplement, and then figure out at the end of the cruise whether it was a wise decision financially.  Its getting to the point where I feel like I have to have a certain # of drinks just to make it worthwhile if I have the package.  I am guessing our livers will thank us LOL!!  

13 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Here’s the menu — it says sodas, juices, bottled waters

IMG_0324.thumb.jpeg.6c70aa464a61684b7ba2a7a50567707f.jpeg

21 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Here’s the menu — it says sodas, juices, bottled waters

IMG_0324.thumb.jpeg.6c70aa464a61684b7ba2a7a50567707f.jpeg

Perfect thanks 😊  somehow I missed that.

4 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Perfect thanks 😊  somehow I missed that.

I've had martinis that are not on that menu.  Lady next to me at martini bar had a tequila sunrise looked interesting so bartender made me one also had several lemon drop martinis all during HH. 

31 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Perfect thanks! So when you order a drink between 5-7 do you need to mention that you are Elite so they don't charge you?   We are seriously thinking of going without a drink package next cruise and just want to be sure I understand how it works.  We will still buy a few drinks, or maybe a wine package to supplement, and then figure out at the end of the cruise whether it was a wise decision financially.  Its getting to the point where I feel like I have to have a certain # of drinks just to make it worthwhile if I have the package.  I am guessing our livers will thank us LOL!!  

Your card will give your status but doesn't hurt to mention it. On your account it will show as zero charged at the bar you were at. I wouldn't bother with a wine package not even sure if they sell them now I don't keep track as never purchased one. There are so many venues to get free drinks such as tastings etc. Just look around. Save your money and your liver. 

• Thanks 1

We always got the drink package and usually upgraded to premium package.  Once we reached Elite we do not purchase a drink package.  We can get Bellini or Bloody Mary, etc. at Elite breakfast and we go to the many bars listed from 5-7 for a couple of drinks and bottles of water(now $4.80 if purchased) for that evening and next day.  Never had a problem getting a drink and a water and would get a second drink. We do buy a bottle of saki and also a bottle or wine at the specialty restaurants and generally ask them to store unused portion for us for another night.  Elite gets 20% off any bottle of wine.

Last week our "beverage" cost was approx. $125 for two bottles of wine for our week long cruise.  I was skeptical when we decided to try no drink package thinking it would hinder our enjoyment of our vacation but probably feel better for it and also saved so much money!

Give it a try.  You can always add the package while on the cruise or just pay for a drink or two.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dazey said:

We always got the drink package and usually upgraded to premium package.  Once we reached Elite we do not purchase a drink package.  We can get Bellini or Bloody Mary, etc. at Elite breakfast and we go to the many bars listed from 5-7 for a couple of drinks and bottles of water(now $4.80 if purchased) for that evening and next day.  Never had a problem getting a drink and a water and would get a second drink. We do buy a bottle of saki and also a bottle or wine at the specialty restaurants and generally ask them to store unused portion for us for another night.  Elite gets 20% off any bottle of wine.

Last week our "beverage" cost was approx. $125 for two bottles of wine for our week long cruise.  I was skeptical when we decided to try no drink package thinking it would hinder our enjoyment of our vacation but probably feel better for it and also saved so much money!

Give it a try.  You can always add the package while on the cruise or just pay for a drink or two.

Most people who purchase a drink package usually drop it once they reach Elite status. I like to drink San Pellegrino but now I just take a case onboard with me. 

49 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Most people who purchase a drink package usually drop it once they reach Elite status. I like to drink San Pellegrino but now I just take a case onboard with me. 

On our next cruise , basic cruise price was $1666 CAD , taxes in, for 2 in a balcony , with 3 perks , with taxes in it is $4200 CAD so we decided no package and just use our Elite perks 

In November, I basically stop drinking coffee and May only drink 1-2 a week now , one day I made a pot of coffee , trying to use up coffee grinds, boy did I ever feel weird ,🥴 so even going to Bacio for coffee will not be missed 

I am fine will Club Soda , compared to bubble water 😁