Change to Timeless Entree Menu?

landlocked12

8 minutes ago, landlocked12 said:

I was just looking at the MDR menus for our upcoming cruise on the Solstice, and the steak  option seems to have been removed from the Timeless Entrees. Is this another cost cutting measure?

B861851A-718A-4094-8231-73E24C36DB9D.thumb.png.c3c58a9d086dcc1a432f5c83a2ce3926.png

Check day 4 of your sailing and it should be there.  Menus for future sailings on the app display the menus for the sailing happening right now.  It looks like for day 2 & 3 of the current sailing, they pulled it from the menu.  Maybe a short shipment or reports of food poisoning 😕.  Likely not being removed from the fleet.

If the menus on the app represent changes made during the current sailing then you are probably right and the omissions temporary. The steak is still on the Timeless Entrees list  on the Celebrity website. And I believe it was listed every night on the app when I first looked at it a month ago. We are traveling with teenagers and my meat-and-potatoes brother-in-law so I was glad to see that a simple steak was an option every night.
My suspicion about cost cutting arises from my observation that they are offering the steak on the Timeless Entrees menu three of the nights, but those are the nights they have steak or an equally high cost cut of meat on the menu that changes daily. Here are the menus for two of the nights they have left steak off the Timeless Menu:

B96A1E89-104D-4FB5-B306-70F6DB42CF48.thumb.png.26d03ba94783e14e3f7c98fd72d58734.png7DD021FE-D74E-4AAF-A846-BD8E9FA3AE64.thumb.png.84f06e236fd804e4c99cc604c490371f.png

Edited by landlocked12

1 hour ago, landlocked12 said:

I was just looking at the MDR menus for our upcoming cruise on the Solstice, and the steak  option seems to have been removed from the Timeless Entrees. Is this another cost cutting measure?

B861851A-718A-4094-8231-73E24C36DB9D.thumb.png.c3c58a9d086dcc1a432f5c83a2ce3926.png

Was on her about a month ago.  The removal was accurate, I blindly ordered from Blu, waiter came back a half hour later and to his surprise, no steak that night; double checked the menu and it indeed wasn't there.  I believe it was not on every other night, however, the itineraries for the rest of season deviate quite a bit with some having overnights in Cabo and/or stopping in San Diego and/or stopping in Catalina Island CA so not sure if the differing itinerary change the nights the steak is offered

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

There is a rumor Royal is removing their Always Available entrees to save costs.

They're piloting this new menu on the Symphony of the Seas; they claim they'll "listen" to guest feedback but that's probably lip service and it's inevitable

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/11/14/royal-caribbean-restructures-main-dining-room-menu-effort-speed-service

• Like 1