New Ship Smell - Carnival Celebration

Spaniel Lover

Back in 2008, Carnival made a classic television commercial to publicize the debut of Carnival Splendor.  The commercial featured an actor stopping at various parts of the ship and taking a deep breath in through his nose to appreciate the "New Ship Smell".  You can see a copy of that old commercial here:

I've never forgotten that funny old commercial, and since I'm sailing aboard the new Carnival Celebration this week, I thought I would create a tribute to it.  (Some might say a parody of it.)  Here's my version:

No copyright or trademark infringement is intended towards Carnival Cruise Line. I'm actually a big fan, and a Diamond-level VIFP member.

I would love to hear your comments about my version of "New Ship Smell"!  Post them here, or feel free to post them on YouTube.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Spaniel Lover said:

I would love to hear your comments about my version of "New Ship Smell"!  Post them here, or feel free to post them on YouTube.

The reaction of the female bartender (5 seconds in) was hilarious - very 'CSI Miami' :classic_cool:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, clevercruiser said:

The reaction of the female bartender (5 seconds in) was hilarious - very 'CSI Miami' :classic_cool:

I know, right?!?  She was a great sport about it, and totally willing to play along.  Obviously, I told her exactly what I was going to do.  I asked her to look at me suspiciously.  She came up with the rest.

6 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I see you didn't smell the showgirl or the Captain like he did back in 2008.😁

Yeah, a professional film crew gets access to the bridge, but a lowly YouTuber does not! 😄

But I did almost get a similar shot.  Do you know who Calvin is?  I ran into him when I had my camera with me, and I introduced myself and explained about the "new ship smell" video I was trying to make.  I asked if he'd be willing to let me sniff him for the video.  Unfortunately, he claimed to be forbidden from appearing on YouTube.

Edited by Spaniel Lover

1 hour ago, Spaniel Lover said:

Yeah, a professional film crew gets access to the bridge, but a lowly YouTuber does not! 😄

But I did almost get a similar shot.  Do you know who Calvin is?  I ran into him when I had my camera with me, and I introduced myself and explained about the "new ship smell" video I was trying to make.  I asked if he'd be willing to let me sniff him for the video.  Unfortunately, he claimed to be forbidden from appearing on YouTube.

Calvin is still with Carnival.  Just thinking out loud. I haven't heard that name in awhile