Improvements to Riviera

Robjame

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Not left out - those are things you find out after awhile as I mentioned in my post - The new to CC poster has yet to discover that

So the point of your post should be to help them discover it sooner.  😉

• Like 3

Didn't first sailing on the refurbished ship just start on Dec 7?  I haven't seen anything yet on YouTube or here, but I would think there will be soon.  Very looking forward to see what it looks like compare to what O has published already.  We just booked a 10 day Med cruise on her for May 2023.  Will be first time on O after just getting off Celebrity Edge.  

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 4:05 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

You left out the final step, which makes all the others unnecessary every time after that:

- make a bookmark of the roll call

Also, 'follow' the roll call so you get a notification for each new post (or once a day/week – lots of options)

Those two things are quite important. We are about to take a Panama Canal cruise starting Wednesday (on Viking), and our roll call has been really active. About 24 couples chimed in at some point, and now we have 15 of them agreeing to come to our meet and greet on the second day. 

But I am on one of these dismal Oceania roll calls for our Riviera cruise on March 2nd, and hardly anyone else is there. Yet I believe that the same “subset” of cruisers travel on both lines. I can’t see why there’s such a difference. 

4 hours ago, Mariastreby said:

But I am on one of these dismal Oceania roll calls for our Riviera cruise on March 2nd, and hardly anyone else is there. 

I am on that roll call as well and I think you and I are the only ones who have posted in the past couple weeks! 

Edited by schmerl
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 10:09 AM, ToxM said:

I hope those new trays above are in addition to the trolley. I enjoy the trolley coming around. 

I agree!  In addition to the quality of the food, I've always preferred the trollies over a platter at tea time.  There are days when I just want one little pastry, having that entire tray dropped off is a waste.  

Roll Calls plus Meet & Greets. Maybe there are fewer regulars on your cruise. I do M&G often on Oceania and it is unusual to have such a low number on your Roll Call.  I am doing the Meet and Greet for a January Marina cruise from Buenois Aires and we have almost 120 pre-registered. I’m doing one for a Vista September cruise and we have well over 100 already registered. 

On 12/10/2022 at 8:19 AM, ToxM said:

The O page on the book of face gives us a few pics of sneak peaks of Riviera …including this one…

D61A94E8-C980-4F2D-8658-4991F935C447.jpeg

This is obviously from the afternoon tea.  Thank you for such a great shoot/pic.  I am new to Oceania and will be on the Riviera in Nov 2023.  I watch every video, read every posting I can find.  What I have heard on a recent YouTube video was a complaint.  They were cruising on the Riviera prior to the drydock.  They said that the afternoon tea was missing the small tray (Just like this one) and that the two carts that were moving around could not service the room.  This picture seems to show, Oceania was listening.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

5 hours ago, Ocean Mouse said:

What baffles me is why O haven't put any photos or details of the new cabin layouts and updated public spaces on their website 

I can't tell you how many times I tried to look at pictures to get a good sense of outlets and what kind of USB outlets were available on each side of the bed and desk areas.  I usually have to ask roll call people to post a picture.  People want to know that kind of stuff!

12 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

This is obviously from the afternoon tea.  Thank you for such a great shoot/pic.  I am new to Oceania and will be on the Riviera in Nov 2023.  I watch every video, read every posting I can find.  What I have heard on a recent YouTube video was a complaint.  They were cruising on the Riviera prior to the drydock.  They said that the afternoon tea was missing the small tray (Just like this one) and that the two carts that were moving around could not service the room.  This picture seems to show, Oceania was listening.  

Let's hope  they are not putting those stands on the table

Crystal did that

What a waste of food

You do not need to wait for the trolley just go to the table  & staff will serve you

of course all could change  by next year 😉

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Crystal did that

What a waste of food

You do not need to wait for the trolley just go to the table  & staff will serve you

I remember Crystal doing that and I felt the same way.  I hate waste.  It seems so unnecessary.  My quote was from a video from YouTube of a couple during their presentation of the Riviera.  This was their one and only complaint.  That was where the notion came from.  

Your opinion comes from a position of strength and should be embraced. Like every product, service, or cruise experience; it is clear not everyone is on the same page because most experience are relative to what we are used to in our normal life.  

I hope the tray or the trolly are available.  I would 100% choose the trolly as well.  Thank you for the feedback and comment.  It makes a difference. 

14 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Crystal did that

What a waste of food

Viking does the same, those were the two biggest things, after the poor quality of the baked goods served on the trays, was the general waste of everything put in front of me when I only wanted one item.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

it is clearly from afternoon tea but the tray has never been a feature before. We will find out on Saturday I suppose 🙂

11 minutes ago, ToxM said:

it is clearly from afternoon tea but the tray has never been a feature before. We will find out on Saturday I suppose 🙂

@ToxM Please enjoy your cruise.  My hope is you have the choice of the tray or cart.  I would choose the cart simply to cut down on waste.  Either way, lovely experience. 

I am no longer a member of the "Book of Face".  It seems the pictures of the new staterooms are posted there.  If it would be possible, could you or would you consider taking some pictures.  I DON'T want to infringe on your vacation, just if it is something you do anyway.  

59 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@ToxM Please enjoy your cruise.  My hope is you have the choice of the tray or cart.  I would choose the cart simply to cut down on waste.  Either way, lovely experience. 

I am no longer a member of the "Book of Face".  It seems the pictures of the new staterooms are posted there.  If it would be possible, could you or would you consider taking some pictures.  I DON'T want to infringe on your vacation, just if it is something you do anyway.  

I will be taking pics don’t worry 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, LHT28 said:

Crystal did that

What a waste of food

On our two-week Caribbean cruise on Marina that disembarked Sunday in Miami, there never was any table (plus very reduced staff as well), only some tray service with a few small sandwiches and the two trolleys to service the entire room. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CintiPam said:

On our two-week Caribbean cruise on Marina that disembarked Sunday in Miami, there never was any table (plus very reduced staff as well), only some tray service with a few small sandwiches and the two trolleys to service the entire room. 

Pam that is disappointing

but glad they do not have the pre prepared stands   so far

• Like 1