Improvements to Riviera

Robjame

this  was on Crystal

we only had 1 or 2  items each  it was so wastefully

we stopped going to afternoon tea  & just went to the Cafe  where we could just choose  what we liked

I do hope Oceania  is not going down that road

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2020_02/image.png.c898def291e325485604bb8ce12ee7d7.png

• Like 4

Went to tea on Marina cruise several times. The only time that it was crowded was the first sea day.  We arrived about 10 minutes after 4. We did find seats. We had a short wait to be served.  There is no center table with scones. It is probably a safety move.  Just ask for scones and they will be delivered to your table. If anything, it’s more elegant than before the pandemic.  

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

yes have to ask for scones and then they bring about a tablespoon of jam and some cream, right on your plate.....

Wrong ratio.  I want 1 scone, an entire jar of jam and a bowl full of cream...  😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

your not so subtle  attempt at sarcasm....not necessary...it is that kind of behaviour  that makes people turn to other forums for discussions....

as for the supporters, I would not encourage those  kind of responses unless you want to further deplete the number of people who post on this forum....perhaps that is your goal...have the forum all to yourselves so you can just pat each other on the back, constantly.....

and NO it is not humour....unless you cant tell the difference....

Edited by jonthomas
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

your not so subtle  attempt at sarcasm....not necessary...it is that kind of behaviour  that makes people turn to other forums for discussions....

as for the supporters, I would not encourage those  kind of responses unless you want to further deplete the number of people who post on this forum....perhaps that is your goal...have the forum all to yourselves so you can just pat each other on the back, constantly.....

and NO it is not humour....unless you cant tell the difference....

I thought it was funny.  Not sure why this was triggering to you. 

oh yeah, its subtle but sarcasm nevertheless....

I dont need a  bowl of cream...nor a bowl of jam...but would have liked a little more jam...to ask and wait...not that important....

it was very good....

just wish I had more time for the tea...the lectures were fabulous and would not miss them and tea was at the same time in the aft....

kudos to O for bringing in top notch lecturers...I am a history buff and rarely learn anything new, but did this time...

54 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

oh yeah, its subtle but sarcasm nevertheless....

I dont need a  bowl of cream...nor a bowl of jam...but would have liked a little more jam...to ask and wait...not that important....

Geeze.  I don't see any sarcasm in @Host Jazzbeau's post, subtle or not.  It was an attempt to make a joke, and it was about himself, not you.  Lighten up.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 4

This is Christmas time.  It is holiday time.  This is social media which is never meant to be complete communication because it is only words.  Emails, Text and Social Media has its flaws.  It also depends on the person writing and interpreting the message.  

@jonthomas When I read your message about how your were served, I fully understood what you were saying, and agreed.  As a matter of fact, you helped me and I made a mental note for when my family and friends enjoyment for our first Oceania Tea. 

When I read the responses to your post, I gave a laughing emoji because quite frankly, I found it similar to what I will remember to ask for for myself.  My interpretation was pure fun.  I say this with true sincerity.  I was on another blog for an Ultra-Luxury brand prior to Covid.  A brand I REALLY wanted to cruise on.  The most loyal cruisers on that brand were obnoxious to each other and especially new guest that never cruised on the brand.  I eliminated that brand from my consideration because the guest that cruise the brand most often are as much the brand as the ship is.   This situation was not ever close to that experience.  At least not in my mind.

No one on this blog knows me because I usually blog on the NCL Blog with a focus on the NCL Haven.  I can't wait to cruise Oceania.  Seems to be a balance of Personalized Service, A la carte choices to better design a much more personalized cruise, an emphasis on Dining which I truly love, and folks that want a enhanced cruising experience without breaking the bank.  

To every one, enjoy this happiest of times with your family and friends.  Life is way to short.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

• Like 3

For the record, it wasn't sarcasm at all.  I am a scone with clotted cream aficionado and that's the way I like them.  You are certainly entitled to prefer them a different way and I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation on Riviera.  

• Like 4

Bad  storm day  reaction 🤔

just joking  for those that cannot tell sarcasm from a joke

In the past  they would have the scones on the trolley & you could ask for more jam/cream whatever  

Then they moved to have the scones on the side bar (R ships) to the centre table  where you lined up  & got served & you could ask "can I have more please" 

The past  2  yrs life has changed  onboard  & even ashore 

For those that are travelling   enjoy life  while you can

things can change in an instant

Wishing everyone Happy Holidays  🥤🍷

Lyn

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

For the record, it wasn't sarcasm at all.  I am a scone with clotted cream aficionado and that's the way I like them.  You are certainly entitled to prefer them a different way and I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation on Riviera.  

again, I apologize, too quick to assume it was sarcasm....

yes delicious....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

"to err is human, to forgive divine"...Alexander Pope

From the poem An Essay on Criticism,  which also contained the lines:

"A little learning is a dang'rous thing" 

and

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"

The guy had a way with words.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

This is Christmas time.  It is holiday time.  This is social media which is never meant to be complete communication because it is only words.  Emails, Text and Social Media has its flaws.  It also depends on the person writing and interpreting the message.  

@jonthomas When I read your message about how your were served, I fully understood what you were saying, and agreed.  As a matter of fact, you helped me and I made a mental note for when my family and friends enjoyment for our first Oceania Tea. 

When I read the responses to your post, I gave a laughing emoji because quite frankly, I found it similar to what I will remember to ask for for myself.  My interpretation was pure fun.  I say this with true sincerity.  I was on another blog for an Ultra-Luxury brand prior to Covid.  A brand I REALLY wanted to cruise on.  The most loyal cruisers on that brand were obnoxious to each other and especially new guest that never cruised on the brand.  I eliminated that brand from my consideration because the guest that cruise the brand most often are as much the brand as the ship is.   This situation was not ever close to that experience.  At least not in my mind.

No one on this blog knows me because I usually blog on the NCL Blog with a focus on the NCL Haven.  I can't wait to cruise Oceania.  Seems to be a balance of Personalized Service, A la carte choices to better design a much more personalized cruise, an emphasis on Dining which I truly love, and folks that want a enhanced cruising experience without breaking the bank.  

To every one, enjoy this happiest of times with your family and friends.  Life is way to short.  

Hey,  I'm someone😁

And we're both trying Oceania for similar reasons.  I was disappointed in the falling level of service on NCL particularly in the Suites and Haven.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Yesimapirate said:

Hey,  I'm someone😁

And we're both trying Oceania for similar reasons.  I was disappointed in the falling level of service on NCL particularly in the Suites and Haven.

@Yesimapirate I still love the NCL Haven and I believe you read some of my posts on the subject.  I seems to remember responding back to you but I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday so I might be mistaken.  My issue was that the Haven was so much better when the ship did not have 100% or close capacity.  NCL with their Bid Up process also always fill the Haven to 100%.  I also felt as if the Haven Bar was fantastic except it was impossible to get a seat at it.  The same people never left those bar stools then entire cruise.  Finally, no enforced policies and the Haven Guest allowed the Haven Pool to be their baby sitter instead of supervising their children.  That last comment has gotten me more heat on CruiseCritic.com than you can possibly imagine but it was true. 

In November 2021, my family of four was in the Haven on the Joy.  It was to this point, the very best cruise I have ever been on. Love it.  I went back on the NCL Joy three months later as a solo, in a Club Balcony Suite.  For a solo, that knew the ins/outs of NCL it was a good trip however it was almost completely full.  Significant difference in service if you did not know where and when to go places.  You should not have to be educated for months to be able to enjoy fully a cruise experience.  

What I learned was that the Haven and the Celebrity Retreat were great options if you want the Big Ship Experience.  Then the prices went insane and even someone who has promoted the Haven for year like myself saw that at that investments, their was better opportunities.  I wanted an experience were the entire ship was the Haven on steroids.  I wanted a more relaxing and less busy environment with a bit more class.  I wanted more times at more interesting ports.  

I went on Crystal Cruises when they first got back to cruising.  It was nice but had 25% capacity.  It was mainly the most loyal of loyal brand guest. They all had a very tight relationship with each other and new cruisers were not always embraced.  I found it to be boring even though they spoiled me with great food, great personalized service, great bars and the best cigar lounge land or sea.  However I was still bored out of my mind.  I wanted the best of the NCL Haven and the experience I had on Crystal.  A hybrid of sorts.

That is why I choose Oceania.  That is why we are going with our very best friends in the world. That is why we are highly recommending our family and other friends join us.  That is why we are going to Europe for the first time on a cruise.  I don't expect over the top entertainment, I do expect one and only one thing.  The entire ship, treating every guest as if they were in those VIP areas of other ship.  No differentiation because of cabin type.  I also expect a better dining experience then what I have become familiar with. One more thing and it is something I personally love.  I will do many of the cooking classes.  That will be my entertainment, learning, drinking and education.  Sound kind of perfect to me. But every one has different needs and that is why there are so many options out there.

Thank you for responding.  

• Thanks 1

@Sthrngary

We were on Riviera in November 2021 for a similar cruise and you should have a fabulous time on O.  The cooking classes are great fun and you will enjoy yourself. Should there be a Chef Tour excursion available, book that too.  
O will not be Crystal, but you will feel a warmth from the guests as well as the staff. They want you there and when you reach out to them and interact with them, they warm up even more. They will know you and your favorites and let the good times roll. We are on Marina in a couple of weeks and have friends on her now so we have experienced expectations.

Enjoy, Mauibabes

• Thanks 1