LIVE: Ruby Princess Dec 18-29 Western Caribbean/Mexico

ceilidh1

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

A little observation: we are in E514 and the music from Club Fusion can definitely be heard in our room! It’s 11:20pm and it’s still going strong! It doesn’t bother me and the kids are sleeping through it, but just an FYI for early/light sleepers

That's why we never book our mini-suite on deck 8 aft, but one deck up on the Dolphin deck. Our cabin is far aft on the starboard side; I hope we won't hear the club. I'm a pretty light sleeper....but then I always travel with foam ear plugs just in case. 😉

Doug

The teen wanted to sign up for gingerbread house making this morning so we got in line at 9am (this is just to sign up, not to make) so missed breakfast at the dining room. We went to international cafe instead and picked up a few goodies!

A1B859F8-ECF6-42C7-A200-436EE842D14E.jpeg

7A626450-946C-46EF-B93D-E92423FE25E7.jpeg

E56E4928-0D3E-43DF-A139-B99F33D6E19E.jpeg

• Like 5

Observation: we have sailed with this piece of junk app many times so know the score, but there are many blue cruisers on this sailing who don’t. There was MUCH confusion at gingerbread house sign up this morning! First people who bookmarked it on the app thought they had reserved it and had a spot, so came right at 9:30….by which time it was full. Second , people thought this was the actual house making rather than just the sign up, as that’s what the app had it listed as. Third, people who didn’t bookmark the event couldn’t find it on the app as it was “full” so gets hidden…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/15/2022 at 8:43 PM, ceilidh1 said:

We made it into Houston ahead of schedule. The flight was uneventful other than having the most annoying kid sitting behind us. Definitely old enough to know better but spent the entire flight banging the tray table up and down or drumming loudly on it. After a while I just turned around and politely asked her to stop. Her mom slept the entire time. Sigh

Collecting bags was a bit of a cluster as there was only one carousel open for all the flights that had just arrived so there were people everywhere! Thankfully ours came off quickly and we met up with our friend who had flown in from Boston. At that point I texted our ride and she was with us within 10 minutes. I highly recommend her company as the long ride was entertaining and the car was roomy and comfortable. As a bonus she stopped at Buccees and we stocked up on food, wine, and tacky souvenirs! https://highrollersbyshugg.com/

CF8EC06A-83B3-45BF-A5A0-5EC95C7C9413.jpeg

AF4B27BC-8AF0-4309-AEAC-F3EB40F86899.jpeg

F5E7DE14-EF57-43E6-961E-203C335F070D.jpeg

96BA1E4C-8985-44B7-9351-739D35C69596.jpeg

Welcome to Texas and our famous Buccees!  Thanks for the live updates too!  

• Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 1:04 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Wow! That’s a lot of new cruisers! I’m surprised there are so many on an 11 day sailing! I’ve done several cruises since Covid but none over 60% capacity. It’s going to be strange with so many people again!

I think a lot of Texans are trying Princess for the first time because they haven't been a fixture in Galveston like RCCL and Carnival.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Observation: we have sailed with this piece of junk app many times so know the score, but there are many blue cruisers on this sailing who don’t. There was MUCH confusion at gingerbread house sign up this morning! First people who bookmarked it on the app thought they had reserved it and had a spot, so came right at 9:30….by which time it was full. Second , people thought this was the actual house making rather than just the sign up, as that’s what the app had it listed as. Third, people who didn’t bookmark the event couldn’t find it on the app as it was “full” so gets hidden…

Yeah…welcome to Princess. As much as some of us detest the app, the staff and crew on board must hate it even more. It puts them right in the middle of the issues and leaves it to them to try to resolve them. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

That's why we never book our mini-suite on deck 8 aft, but one deck up on the Dolphin deck. Our cabin is far aft on the starboard side; I hope we won't hear the club. I'm a pretty light sleeper....but then I always travel with foam ear plugs just in case. 😉

Doug

I have broken one of my own rules for our upcoming 1/8 Ruby cruise by booking E731 last mini suite with the extended balcony based on many many other cruisers comments that the noise from Club Fusion can't be heard on the Starboard side.  I always book balcony on Caribe and in general only cabins between cabin decks.   So, I'm keeping my hopes up that will be the case as we aren't late nighters!  I'll report when we return on 1/15.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, texswamper said:

I have broken one of my own rules for our upcoming 1/8 Ruby cruise by booking E731 last mini suite with the extended balcony based on many many other cruisers comments that the noise from Club Fusion can't be heard on the Starboard side.  I always book balcony on Caribe and in general only cabins between cabin decks.   So, I'm keeping my hopes up that will be the case as we aren't late nighters!  I'll report when we return on 1/15.

Just bring foam ear plugs and you will probably be okay!  We booked one deck up (Dolphin) and on the starboard side, same aft location with that extended balcony. Funny thing was, when I booked the cabin a month ago, the port side cabin reported to be noisier was already booked. I didn't look at the Emerald deck.

We have booked that cabin (ours, not yours) on two cruises on the Ruby or her sister ships and had to cancel them, so this will be our first experience with the extended balcony. Honestly, I am not expecting that much. We've always been happy with a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck, but a balcony on the Caribe deck with the large balconies is our second choice!

Doug

2 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Just bring foam ear plugs and you will probably be okay!  We booked one deck up (Dolphin) and on the starboard side, same aft location with that extended balcony. Funny thing was, when I booked the cabin a month ago, the port side cabin reported to be noisier was already booked. I didn't look at the Emerald deck.

We have booked that cabin (ours, not yours) on two cruises on the Ruby or her sister ships and had to cancel them, so this will be our first experience with the extended balcony. Honestly, I am not expecting that much. We've always been happy with a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck, but a balcony on the Caribe deck with the large balconies is our second choice!

Doug

Like is said, I may live to regret it but I've promised my husband I won't complain if we hate it due to noise or smoke from the crew smoking area aft starboard on Deck 7.  🤣

12 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

A little observation: we are in E514 and the music from Club Fusion can definitely be heard in our room! It’s 11:20pm and it’s still going strong! It doesn’t bother me and the kids are sleeping through it, but just an FYI for early/light sleepers

Could this be Explorer’s Lounge music?

1 hour ago, texswamper said:

Since we never go to bed before midnight on cruises so we have never been bothered by music and we love aft suites 

• Like 1

Day 2 observations: Elevators are crazy slow. Aft had two out of service and the ones that worked took forever.

Ship definitely feels full - not sure if it’s just because we haven’t sailed on a full ship in so long or because so many people are inside due to the windy weather on deck.

Still no mini bar. Room safe still not working. But we do have bath robes!

Arts and crafts today was a lifesaver ornament. Space for 40 people. We got in line 15 minutes prior and were able to do it. Some behind us were turned away.

Cruise staff are not very visible so far - haven’t seen the cruise director at all and only noticed one staff at arts and crafts - she seemed nice but no idea of her name.

F69309B4-7CBC-4B13-9BA6-3CC1F9F3A7FF.jpeg

E36B928D-7BB5-4DD5-B0D9-2E56695BD176.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks for your extremely detailed posts.

We're also be on the Ruby in a few weeks, also on same Deck 8 Emerald deck in obstructed oceanview.  But in front of ship above the theater.

Such a great price, only a little more than inside cabin.

Looking to bid to upgrade to balcony, but then won't have our group of all 7 cabins in a row then.

We're all green also, but how early were you able to check-in & get boarding time, ie: 11 am...?

Thanks,