Booking a refundable deposit cruise

Gracie115

40 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I wish there was somewhere on the website that states this.  All I can find is this, which does not list an amount:

Should you choose to change your original ship and/or sail date, if you booked directly with us, please contact our Consumer Outreach team at (866) 562-7625 where a representative will assist in making the desired changes, while also applying the qualifying change fee(s) and collecting payment, if not already done so.

There is

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/NRD_FCC_FAQs.pdf

image.thumb.png.6a760a45ef428f08c14b3ec9267b6c8b.png

So, I always price my cruises with a mock booking before calling to book. I can't find the refundable deposit option anywhere. It's usually on the page that I select dining option and whether or not to prepay gratuities. Not there. I went all the way to the page where you put in your credit card to pay the deposit, and no refundable deposit option to be found anywhere...

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 9.08.44 PM.png

2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

So, I always price my cruises with a mock booking before calling to book. I can't find the refundable deposit option anywhere. It's usually on the page that I select dining option and whether or not to prepay gratuities. Not there. I went all the way to the page where you put in your credit card to pay the deposit, and no refundable deposit option to be found anywhere...

Chriss, what category are you trying to book?

3 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

I know that there are a few sailings out there right now where the refundable rate is the same as the non refundable.  You won't see the refundable rate option.  I've had it default automatically to the refundable rate.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Only $400 extra on a Symphony repo from Spain to FLl next year. Plus you can remove it before final payment and save that money.

You can’t “remove” the extra fare between refundable and NRD - you would have to reprice the booking sometime before final and hope the NRD fare is lower than your current refundable fare. 

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I know that there are a few sailings out there right now where the refundable rate is the same as the non refundable.  You won't see the refundable rate option.  I've had it default automatically to the refundable rate.

Thanks. It's a March 2025 on Adventure sailing, the ABC itinerary. I'm about to check it again. Yesterday was quite frustrating, as in the 15 minutes of trying to figure out what was up with the deposit,  the prices went up a couple hundred dollars... must have been booking up!

@Ourusualbeach

Ken, you were spot on, as usual 🙂 I called to book it, and the refundable was the same price as the NRD. Bonus, price went down to less than it was when I first looked yesterday. I'm very excited to have booked this one! I feel like we got a great price for an 8 night that goes to the ABC islands!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/15/2022 at 8:09 PM, erinsmom03 said:

Can you tell me which you do your mock booking?  I'm trying to get some pricing on refundable fares and I don't know which website/cruisesite to use.  Thank you.