Is CBD allowed on ships?

abhb

On 12/13/2022 at 6:46 PM, John&LaLa said:

Based on discussions with many 'seasoned' cruisers, gummies are quite common onboard.

Very popular in the humongous 55+ community south of us

LOL you know what else is popular... especially on the three night Indy sailings... Joints! right in the smoking area like it is a cigarette. LOL. I couldn't care less except for I have had to move from being downwind because it is so strong. (I get a bit nauseated from the smell, long story, pretty sure it is psychosomatic.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Longford said:

Some people believe they are better than others, or rules don't apply to them.  It's a problem we see nationwide / worldwide.  The "ME!" attitude.

See my above post. I did not think the rules didn’t apply to me because I did not know CBD products were banned until I read this post. I brought my CBD cream with me on our last cruise, packed in its original bottle, and it sat on the counter in the bathroom for the whole 7 days. I was simply telling the OP that in all likelihood, it would not get flagged. They can make their own decisions on packing it 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Why?  Not that it really matters.  But, it is my belief that RCCL, et al, don't want CBD on their ships because at any time for a variety of reasons, a ship can (and does) deviate from its original itinerary and pull into a port that has very strong rules/laws prohibiting it.  They're just eliminating the very negative possibilities.  JMHO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Why?  Not that it really matters.  But, it is my belief that RCCL, et al, don't want CBD on their ships because at any time for a variety of reasons, a ship can (and does) deviate from its original itinerary and pull into a port that has very strong rules/laws prohibiting it.  They're just eliminating the very negative possibilities.  JMHO

State laws (specifically the ones RC home ports in) vary too much on CBD, so it's easier just to ban it completely, at least on paper.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

State laws (specifically the ones RC home ports in) vary too much on CBD, so it's easier just to ban it completely, at least on paper.

That's very true.  A blanket policy/rule is much easier.