Is CBD allowed on ships?

abhb

We are leaving this Sunday out of Barbados on Rhapsody.  My husband uses CBD spray and rollers for his back.  Is it allowed to be brought on the ship?  Any one about the island of Barbados and CBD for medicinal purposes?

According to the website - NO.

"Prohibited items:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • CBD Oil / CBD Products
  • Candles...."
Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Why is it not allowed ? It is sold on excursions sold by the cruise line .

Ha! Enough stories in the News of why not. First time was at a Famous, or Infamous Port known for MJ about 25yrs ago was asked at least dozen times if wanted buy some. Even a Cab Driver tried taking me there, this after dozen No Thank-you's

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, abhb said:

We are leaving this Sunday out of Barbados on Rhapsody.  My husband uses CBD spray and rollers for his back.  Is it allowed to be brought on the ship?  Any one about the island of Barbados and CBD for medicinal purposes?

Not allowed.  Of course percocet, oxycotin, anti anxiety meds, and other poisons are allowed on as long as your name is on the side.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

According to the website - NO.

"Prohibited items:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • CBD Oil / CBD Products
  • Candles...."

In regards to "Illegal Drugs & Substances", illegal where? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, abhb said:

After Brittany Griner, there is no way I'd bring anything remotely suspect to a foreign country.  I sympathize with the situation but would try an alternative if possible.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

CBD is not the same as THC (the "drug" in marijuana). I've forgotten which items or which levels of each substance are legal vs illegal in other places because where I live (Colorado) you can walk into a store about every 200ft and buy any or all of it any time you want and nobody cares. 

I'm aware of that as one of my dogs is on CBD oil, massage places have used CBD in some of their oils, and my MIL uses it for her back.  I think it's ok to bring CBD oil into Barbados WITH a prescription.  I still wouldn't chance it though.  But that's me.

6 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

Ya'll seem a little offended that RCI doesn't allow CBD.  I think it's best to keep in mind, because it is legal in the US doesn't mean it's legal in every country, and a cruise will be traveling outside of the US.

I believe it is not legal on federal level or in all states.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I'm aware of that as one of my dogs is on CBD oil, massage places have used CBD in some of their oils, and my MIL uses it for her back.  I think it's ok to bring CBD oil into Barbados WITH a prescription.  I still wouldn't chance it though.  But that's me.

No such thing as a prescription for CBD oil, there is only one prescription CBD product, Epidiolex; it is for seizures. Hemp derived CBD is not regulated by the FDA.

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

They'll allow passengers to drink 15-20 frozen mojitos during the day, but heaven forbid they let one bring a CBD roll-on for their sore back.

What a joke.

But 15-20 frozen mojitos is likely a more effective treatment for back pain than CBD.  😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

After Brittany Griner, there is no way I'd bring anything remotely suspect to a foreign country.  I sympathize with the situation but would try an alternative if possible.  

2 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

Ya'll seem a little offended that RCI doesn't allow CBD.  I think it's best to keep in mind, because it is legal in the US doesn't mean it's legal in every country, and a cruise will be traveling outside of the US.

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I agree, if only for the fact that I don't trust my knowledge of other countries laws, especially for things that are so different from my own country.  Heck, camoflauge clothing is illegal in some countries (Barbados is one of them).

I really have no idea if CBD is considered illegal in other countries, but it's not illegal in the United States on the federal level as long as it comes from the hemp plant. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

1 minute ago, ARandomTraveler said:

but it's not illegal in the United States on the federal level as long as it comes from the hemp plant. 

This is not correct.  It is legal on the federal level if it has less than 0.3% THC, whether it is from hemp or cannabis.  Typically, hemp produced CBD has lower levels of THC than cannabis, but there is still a detectable level of THC in most CBD products, unless the producer creates a "cannabanoid isolate" to remove all THC.  If a CBD product, regardless of source, has more than 0.3% THC, then it is illegal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2