Man Overboard - MSC Meravigilia 12/15/22

Morgsmom

Very sadly we are in a man overboard situation.  The ship was due into Port Canaveral this morning.  Crew is doing an excellent job keeping everyone informed.

You can hear both the sadness and the professionalism in the Crew Director's voice as she make the announcements.

One VERY interesting thing is that security came to my (all) cabin, knocked and when the door was opened they very quickly grabbed the key card that is put in the slot by the door to keep the electricity on and SCANNED me "present". 

It was done so quickly and efficiently that I barely registered it, but it now makes a lot of sense!  No need to fumble around looking for a card.  So the next time you wonder why you have to put your card in the slot remember that's it part of the emergency preparation.

Prayers to the family of the lost soul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

"A cruise ship passenger who went overboard off the Central Florida coast was found dead in the ocean early Thursday, according to the Coast Guard."

I am on today's sailing. Text from MSC advises a 5 hour delay in embarkation. I'm not complaining at all considering the circumstances. Just letting others know that may be sailing today and didn't get the message.

Bret

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

And to cap off a stressful morning a fist fight broke out in the melee to get off the ship.  4 folks arrested and led out in cuffs.  Wow. 

Yikes 

I’m sure a lot of folks missed flights because of the delay which only adds to the stress and lack of patience that some of the general public suffers from lately. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

So now they have the short US cruises. I understand them as very profitable, but at what expense?...

The 3/4 days out of Miami/Canaveral are the table stakes to get people introduced to the brand because many aren’t willing to gamble on MSC for a 7 day cruise sight unseen, especially with the mixed reviews on food.  I know a cheap holiday weekend 3 day is what convinced me that the quirkiness would work for me on a longer cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, sadly, it was bound to happen. Even the 'Golden Boy' of the mass market cruise lines, the cream of the crop, the line it's passengers love to boast and heap praise on, had its day of misfortune come about. All this proves is that this 'accident' can happen to ANY cruise line. Even the 'new kid of the mass line' on the block. Prayers for the family of the deceased and the entire crew of the stricken ship.

Mac