Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

No need to apologize. This is a real learning curve. Lots of confusion, lots of different names, and categories. I think the cruise planners were initially very confused also. I think I have it figured out, but hell, I could be very wrong.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

No need to apologize. This is a real learning curve. Lots of confusion, lots of different names, and categories. I think the cruise planners were initially very confused also. I think I have it figured out, but hell, I could be very wrong.

Find out when we get onboard, I guess.

Has anyone booked a Cove Balcony?

If it's similar to the cove balcony on the Carnival Magic, it should be great.  Some people are afraid to be so close to the water, but I personally loved it.  If your balcony is toward the front sometimes you can feel the sea spray if you stick you head out.  One morning I even found a small fish on the floor of my cove balcony.

Ha, half the people are probably terrified after reading the above and the other half probably jump to book a cove balcony!

Edited by pa_snowbird

3 minutes ago, pa_snowbird said:

One morning I even found a small fish on the floor of my cove balcony.

Compared to a la carte sashimi or the smoked salmon bagel with the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, this is quite a feature!

On 5/19/2023 at 9:44 PM, pa_snowbird said:

Has anyone booked a Cove Balcony?

I did book a Cove Balcony!  It is a Guarantee.  We really enjoy the cove balconies on Carnival ships.

1 hour ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

Does it appear that the pod coffee makers will be in all cabins?  They do seem to appear in all the pictures of each type of cabin.

I think that those are "artistic renderings". They're only mentioned in the Sky a suite amenities.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2023 at 9:38 PM, crd27 said:

I did book a Cove Balcony!  It is a Guarantee.  We really enjoy the cove balconies on Carnival ships.

Is that the same as a Cabana reserve? If so that's what we booked in '25

Princess has been releasing 2025 sailings in dribs and drabs.  Noticed a TA for Sun from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale Nov 1, 2025.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.  We booked a June 2025 Sun cruise, our first on Princess since 2014.  Looking at the deck plans on cruisemapper, it shows a ropes course and a “roll glider track” on decks 20 and 21.  Is that for real, or a remnant from a different build?  We’re cruising with out boys who will be 7 and 10 and we’re curious if there have been more kid-focused additions or again, if the deck plan is a mistake.

1 hour ago, Cauzneffct said:

Hey all.  We booked a June 2025 Sun cruise, our first on Princess since 2014.  Looking at the deck plans on cruisemapper, it shows a ropes course and a “roll glider track” on decks 20 and 21.  Is that for real, or a remnant from a different build?  We’re cruising with out boys who will be 7 and 10 and we’re curious if there have been more kid-focused additions or again, if the deck plan is a mistake.

The ship is the based upon the same base design that is already being used for Carnival and P&O. Different inside design. Suspect they decided to carry those over from the existing designs. probably carnival since they are in space otherwise not really used by Princess.

Thanks to dudes and others for all of the great info on the Sun Princess.  I booked the 7 night Med cruise on 4/5/25 this weekend.  I will be solo so I’m sticking with an OV this time.  I’m still super excited to have a sofa and no shower curtain.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cauzneffct said:

it shows a ropes course and a “roll glider track” on decks 20 and 21

Princess currently has those as "coming soon" on their own public deck plans. What Cruisemapper and Cruisedeckplans have published are "leaks". But what I can tell you is that there will be a TA seminar happening this week discussing some new features and entertainment options onboard Sun and we may be able to confirm the existence of your aforementioned features by the end of the week.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Princess currently has those as "coming soon" on their own public deck plans. What Cruisemapper and Cruisedeckplans have published are "leaks". But what I can tell you is that there will be a TA seminar happening this week discussing some new features and entertainment options onboard Sun and we may be able to confirm the existence of your aforementioned features by the end of the week.

Excellent.  We booked for the itinerary and we were assuming a certain level of boredom from our boys (an ‘us’ problem, not a Princess problem), but now I’m curious.

Just this past week I finally looked at the deck plans for Sun Princess and decided it would be so nice to be on it's 1st cruise out of Port Everglades!!   So I decided to  book the 1st 2 cruises for Mike & me!!  Excited to be on the Inaugural 5 night + 7 night in a DA balcony on the bumpout on 12th deck.   I love the new layout & look of the balcony cabins!!    

We sailed on the previous Sun Princess in 1996 with my parents, my sister and her husband for my sister's 50th birthday!!

I noticed that there are 3 or 4 days between the arrival of the TransAtlantic passengers and when we board for the 5 nighter.   Wondered if there would be Corporate or FAM tours or trips during that interim time, even perhaps some celebratory events.   

Edited by Cruisin Kay D
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

Just this past week I finally looked at the deck plans for Sun Princess and decided it would be so nice to be on it's 1st cruise out of Port Everglades!!   So I decided to  book the 1st 2 cruises for Mike & me!!  Excited to be on the Inaugural 5 night + 7 night in a DA balcony on the bumpout on 12th deck.   I love the new layout & look of the balcony cabins!!    

We sailed on the previous Sun Princess in 1996 with my parents, my sister and her husband for my sister's 50th birthday!!

I noticed that there are 3 or 4 days between the arrival of the TransAtlantic passengers and when we board for the 5 nighter.   Wondered if there would be Corporate or FAM tours or trips during that interim time, even perhaps some celebratory events.   

when we booked the SKY inaugural it became V2.0 after Princess 'added' a 3 day before ours.

After seeing the rendering of the “amusement “ area that is being planned, I am seriously considering canceling. I said princess because they don’t have roller coasters, etc! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mlmbar said:

What a nightmare! 

Your signature suggests you’ve sailed many of the Royal Caribbean amusement park ships and you think this addition to Sun and Star Princess is a nightmare. Why?

• Like 1