Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

Personally I have no desire to go to virgin. Too old for Virgin and want to be able to remain with Princess. All I want is for parents to take responsibility for their kids’ behavior if princess is becoming more family oriented. 

3 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

I did notice on the picture of the deluxe balcony cabin there appears to be a coffee maker in the room?

New Sun Princess - Staterooms

Artistic rendering; only the Sky Suite includes it in the description.

Edited by jwattle
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

No, those are the line of balconies under the bottom of the sphere -- the "black squares", if you will.

Where are the cove balconies located? How did they get that name?

On 6/18/2023 at 8:59 PM, Wishing on a star said:

I would like to get back to the topic of the Sun Princess, deckplans, etc..

It seems that the only 'adult only' pool is at the Sanctuary.

Has anybody seen any information that shows that it is for both the regular Sanctuary AND the reserve wake-view reserved area as well?

I noticed this as well when looking at Deck Plans recently, when looking for the adults only Retreat area (or its equivilent).  Is there any adult-only pool area on this ship that is open to all - not restricted to those booking Sanctuary or booking exclusive cabins? If not, that seems to be a big oversight. As Princess tries to appeal to more families,  it might be even more important to provide an adults only area to those who prefer. Even Carnival has this.....

4Cats, The build-out seems to have quite a ways to go.

But, yes, the deck plans do show that there are areas of the ship, in both the front and the aft, where the ship and balconies are slightly recessed.  Slightly extended cabins in the center around the sphere, and Forward and Aft.

But, these recessed cabins def. not recessed as much as it looks in the current progress in the build-out.

It looks like those blocks of cabins that seem to be so far recessed have not been installed yet.

I would want to make sure to book one of the balconies on the more extended areas.

9 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

Too old and not queer enough, but thanks for the idea.

Have you tried Cunard? Fits both of the above criteria and hardly any kids. A little pricier but jeez all of them are now 🤷🏻‍♀️

42 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

4Cats, The build-out seems to have quite a ways to go.

But, yes, the deck plans do show that there are areas of the ship, in both the front and the aft, where the ship and balconies are slightly recessed.  Slightly extended cabins in the center around the sphere, and Forward and Aft.

But, these recessed cabins def. not recessed as much as it looks in the current progress in the build-out.

It looks like those blocks of cabins that seem to be so far recessed have not been installed yet.

I would want to make sure to book one of the balconies on the more extended areas.

Yes. there does seem to be more of recess on the those higher deck balconies forward of the Sphere.  I took a closer look at the new rendering that came out last week and it doesn't seem to be that pronounced on that. 

One new feature seems to be a white canopy overhang over the prom deck aft of the sphere So any higher balconies looking down will see the canopy and maybe some of the cabana deck and purple reserve deck cabana balconies?.

image.thumb.png.e073d5b3ff8e284ee41f8a77e4e2a968.png

12 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

Is the tan area behind where the forward arrow is pointing the reserve sun deck? 

You mean this deck? This is the Wake View Terrace

image.thumb.png.2534ac31d8f2f444ebd252e6f2b688f6.png

A more detailed rendering:

image.thumb.jpeg.052eea4ee622c984435f1c0fbc101da5.jpeg

16 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

No I said forward arrow 

Ah thought you meant the arrow pointing forward and it didn't scream tan to me 😀

The area behind the forward arrow is the Sea View Bar area and outside pool (which starts inside the Dome) on Deck 17 leading down to the Sea View Terrace on deck 16. This is open to all. 

There is a wrap around deck down at the prom deck level but not clear from the deck plan if it's for public use. 

image.png.c777a98f5a5de5d8dcf9362117d1e6e7.png

image.jpeg.c4d58d69585e56a0054ccda60b8bc5af.jpeg

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

Is the tan area behind where the forward arrow is pointing the reserve sun deck? 

I thought that the only outdoor space for "Reserve" class was the Cabana Deck on Deck 9 (which is exclusive to the Reserve Class Cabana Mini Suites).

image.png

10 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I thought that the only outdoor space for "Reserve" class was the Cabana Deck on Deck 9 (which is exclusive to the Reserve Class Cabana Mini Suites).

image.png

Yes, you are right! I got completely the wrong end for the canopy and the cabanas because the rendering is from a different side.

This is the reserve cabana deck on deck 9. Does look a bit overlooked!

image.png.1ec9f961dcc4b82e6929aa82b14b22be.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, dides said:

Ah thought you meant the arrow pointing forward and it didn't scream tan to me 😀

The area behind the forward arrow is the Sea View Bar area and outside pool (which starts inside the Dome) on Deck 17 leading down to the Sea View Terrace on deck 16. This is open to all. 

There is a wrap around deck down at the prom deck level but not clear from the deck plan if it's for public use. 

image.png.c777a98f5a5de5d8dcf9362117d1e6e7.png

image.jpeg.c4d58d69585e56a0054ccda60b8bc5af.jpeg

Thanks!!! I  looking at the tan area lower on that side. The reserve cabana deck should be somewhere around there I think. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

dides, do you know what that empty space is on deck 5 in the rear behind the stairs in the back?

Thanks for your info.

I'm no expert but it looks like a crew only area - maybe it's where they have the galley? 

image.png.6e0fd5d74e1e7b5a55de123f949d8ac7.png