Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

10 minutes ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

www.CruiseMapper.com

www.MarineTraffic.com

Civitavecchia’s official port website (for a possible arrival date/time)

^^ Right there with you!

I almost considered listing out each website I’m checking in my post above lol. Too long of a list.

Doing the same.  I’ve also seen videos where some cruise bloggers have indicated they’ve “heard rumors about future cancellations” but that they aren’t saying anything yet because it’s just rumors and unconfirmed.  Why say this?  And are these “rumors” coming from people at the top or is it just from people like me that are pontificating on the situation and possible scenarios??

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Osa J said:

Doing the same.  I’ve also seen videos where some cruise bloggers have indicated they’ve “heard rumors about future cancellations” but that they aren’t saying anything yet because it’s just rumors and unconfirmed.  Why say this?  And are these “rumors” coming from people at the top or is it just from people like me that are pontificating on the situation and possible scenarios??

This is how it started before the info was announced on the 14th. Don’t put this out.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SouKnoMe said:

This is how it started before the info was announced on the 14th. Don’t put this out.  Fingers crossed!

It’s more that I’m annoyed that they’re putting that content out.  Seems like unsubstantiated theories.  But since we’re all looking for any info we can get, I don’t know whether to believe it and start looking for a replacement cruise for when I get cancelled…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Osa J said:

If you look closely, at one point in the video it shows a door and the hallway area outside does not look complete…?

If I caught what you are referring to I wonder if that is a door into the kitchen area of other crew area which would not have the same level of finish?  but certainly, there are areas of the ship which are not 100% complete yet.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2024 at 7:25 PM, timcahill98 said:

Well, it's now February 12th and still no hand-over.  And the first cruise is supposed to depart in 6 days?!?!?  I really don't like how Princess is handling this.  No promo cruises? No shakedown cruises? It's actual first sailing will be with paying passengers - so different from how RC just rolled out the Icon OTS.  I'm supposed to be on the Feb 28th sailing and I'm still not confident mine will go off....

this is why I would never book a cruise their first month.  Things happen at the shipyard.

Now if it was delayed and even my Nov cruise was cancelled I would have to cuss up a storm then.  ha ha  best of luck to the #3 cruise.

20 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Posted by Princess..maybe they are a lot more sure of the 28th now

https://fb.watch/qk_QMWkGYh/?

On the previous two cruises they had not been so explicit saying that they would set sail.

If they don't come out after posting this with a week left, practically ensuring that they come out on the 28th, they will lose any type of people's trust forever

Edited by Fuge
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Joe Gib said:

Given that the cancel happened 4 days out, actually late at night 5 days out, both our shuttle and hotel were non cancellable from 7 days. That’s almost $1,400 out of pocket, and we had to pay $150 to cancel flights which then gets us a credit with united. Princess is offering us a total of $400 for flights, of which they’ll only cover the actual $150. They won’t cover the flight insurance of $250, and the flight insurance won’t cover based on the Princess cancellation. They’ve given us an FCC of $1982, and as noted future cruises are at a higher price so it’s not a true 50% off future cruise. Net net, I’m out close to $1800, with a credit, that makes me spend more than the original, in order to get the credit. I’ve asked them to provide a cash settlement for the $1982 so that the choices reside with me. 

Hopefully you can make the best tasting lemonade possible with the crushed lemons you've been dealt.  What has occurred to you has happened in the past to other cruisers on other lines and because of this, I've never reserved a sailing within the first few months on any of the 60+ cruises I've been on.  

The excitement of being on an inaugural needs to be tempered by the realization that you're rolling the dice if there's delays.  But Princess was wrong in not having enough buffer time on the front end in case of a worst case scenario that occurred.

• Like 2

I would book an inaugural..  IF I knew that I would be happy in any case scenario...

Cruise cancelled...  Fine.. book again...

Cruise sails. (possibly with a few issues). FINE...  I got to cruise on a brand-new ship and an itinerary that I wanted.

The reason I did NOT book this maiden voyage was because I would be unhappy IF SHE SAILED...  

I would rather not cruise Europe in the winter.

Those of us with more limited travel budgets would come out ahead, with a refund, FCC, etc...

I would have ben happy with that...  but not as happy if I sailed in bad weather in Feb. in Europe.  

It wasn't about taking a risk if she DID NOT set sail...  but if she DID.

Now..  the totally improper and unacceptable way that these were cancelled at the last minute, with the majority of guests having flights and complex travel plans....  That is what was all wrong with this.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, c-boy said:

I like that wine rack 

Me too. I was wondering about all the different colors of wine bottles. Made for a gorgeous display but where do you get wine bottles of all those colors?!

13 hours ago, c-boy said:

I like that wine rack 

But they had the wine displayed upside down. Wine should always be stored cork down.

Glad they emptied the rack.

Did anyone else think Sabatini's was HUGE compared to other ships?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chamima said:

But they had the wine displayed upside down. Wine should always be stored cork down.

#screwtop ... It looks like that design won't allow that, so; employ rule # 4. 

Edited by c-boy

2 hours ago, chamima said:

They rotate the wines, so that none stay in one position. 🙂

• Like 1