Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

11 hours ago, fishmom said:

I am booked in a cabana mini (not reserve).  The minimum bid for the next level up for reserve was only 25pp.  

Is it 25/pp per day? Or a flat 25/pp?

Edited by GK95
Updated

3 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

Would anyone like to venture an educated guess why the Sun Princess is stopping at Zelenika, Montenegro on the 24th?

As we know, the Sun construction has not been completed and behind schedule, hence the delay getting out of the shipyard and workers still on board.  This includes a lot of the bathroom plumbing, so they have to stop for a pee break.

• Haha 9

Just now, eroller said:

There is space available on the first sailing if anyone wants to jump onboard quick.  Some of the top suites.  

I just saw that, 3 Sky and 6 Owner suites.  Also provides an upgrade path for existing cabins.   

Folks get your upgrade bids in quick if you have not already. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dides said:

A reel has been posted of Sun Princess as she left the shipyard today. Interesting to see what features are lit up along the length of the ship too.

Interesting to see many cabin lights turned on... I wonder if cabins are still occupied by workers, or whether they've just left the lights on.   (I could understand if they had turned ALL the cabin lights on for that departure, however it only appeared to be perhaps one third of cabins).

As I post this, the sun is literally rising on the Sun Princess right now in the Adriatic Sea, so in the coming hours curious locals may start snapping some pics of her has she glides into Montenegro.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, symui said:

I just saw that, 3 Sky and 6 Owner suites.  Also provides an upgrade path for existing cabins.   

Folks get your upgrade bids in quick if you have not already. 

Maybe that was some of the work being done.
or 
A bunch of VIP invites bailed.

9 hours ago, fpsphil said:

Where they can get it. It’ll likely be burning bunker fuel on long runs or if they can’t get LNG in any port on the itinerary

There is Levante LNG supply ship that can in the western men places like Gibraltar, MAlaga can also Supply LNG via land
Barcelona has LNG facilities 

a few option in the med but Gib looks like the biggest

https://sea-lng.org/bunker-navigator/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dog said:

I am on Regal now and asked Future Cruise guy about the D0- aft premium deluxe balconies that say includes signature benefits & upgrades. These are the more expensive in that category- aft. He said yes to eating in Signature restaurant & to sun deck. No to signature lounge. He wasn’t very informed about much. Wait & see.

Interesting, I’m in a D1 and I can book the signature restaurant too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Quick stop at Zelenika, already enroute to Civitavecchia. Didn’t even look like they docked. Maybe it was for photo ops as previously mentioned. 

I think it was just a short Cabotage stop, as Montenegro is not part of the EU / Schengen Area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vividharp said:

Interesting, I’m in a D1 and I can book the signature restaurant too. 

I’m in a DA and it has let me book the Signature restaurant today for the May 4th sailing.

Opinions wanted:  given that the Sun's Signature Restaurant seems to be accepting reservations does that mean that the "no need for a reservation" currently touted for the Reserve (Club Class) restaurants will not be true for the Signature Restaurant on the Sphere class ships?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Opinions wanted:  given that the Sun's Signature Restaurant seems to be accepting reservations does that mean that the "no need for a reservation" currently touted for the Reserve (Club Class) restaurants will not be true for the Signature Restaurant on the Sphere class ships?

Im in a Signature Suite in Jan 25.  Having cruised in the old Club, not needing a reservation was the big plus. I hope it stays the same as we just like to go whenever we feel like it. The option of jut walking in without a wait is part of the justification, for us, of the larger price point.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Im in a Signature Suite in Jan 25.  Having cruised in the old Club, not needing a reservation was the big plus. I hope it stays the same as we just like to go whenever we feel like it. The option of jut walking in without a wait is part of the justification, for us, of the larger price point.

That's my personal opinion too.  We're also sailing in Jan 2025 so there is lots of time to determine how everything is working or not. 

• Like 2