Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Sad that half of these are over the 15. limit....

And what is so sad about it? You only pay the difference from your included 15$ drink. TBH, who cares about one or two extra dollars, if you want the drink you like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike07 said:

So, is Princess overbooked or are they trying to incentive people to move to a different itinerary because the Sun is failing to live up the Princess standards set forth in their promotional literature and what regulars have come to expect?

They are trying to ensure a smooth(er) cruise by decreasing capacity. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mom2N3 said:

But the flaw in this logic is that not all passengers got an offer, nor did Princess disclose WHY they were making these offers…so those passengers don’t have all the information (what will be open, what won’t) to make an informed decision.

It would be odd for Princess to disclose why they are making this offer. But they certainly know that there are people hanging on every published word, photo and video. They aren’t stupid. They clearly want the next cruise to sail with a similar passenger load as this first one which is way less than capacity. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HokieTT said:

We are here to find important information”

Why are you asking someone who clearly stated they are here to find information to instead dispense it?

@HokieTT

You are perfectly correct.

We are here to learn about the Sun Princess.

If we were on the ship we wouldn’t be here looking for information.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

CaptainKirk didn't include "treatment of customers" on the list of things he didn't want to talk about.  He said he didn't want to talk about YouTubers and stock prices. I agree.  

@CatMom72

Thanks for your understanding and support.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisedoctor said:

@CaptainKirk The 2 aft glass elevators service decks 8 thru 18.  While they can be used by anyone who knows of their existence, they would be the fastest way for passengers residing in any of the “S” level suites located at the aft end of the ship, to quickly/easily access the suite lounge, or suite sun deck.

@cruisedoctor

Thanks very much for the valuable information.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

It looks like a small alibi pool at most, for all the people inside and outside of the dome.

What is an alibi pool? I'm not familiar with that term.

• Like 1

From a previous discussion about the Signature Benefits and Upgrades on

Premium Deluxe Balcony D0

The wording has been removed from the Princess site and the other site that had it listed has now corrected the information.

It makes sense that it is not included as D0 is only 200.00 more than a D1 cabin.

Hope that helps.

IMG_1140.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, CaptainKirk said:

From a previous discussion about the Signature Benefits and Upgrades on

Premium Deluxe Balcony D0

The wording has been removed from the Princess site and the other site that had it listed has now corrected the information.

It makes sense that it is not included as D0 is only 200.00 more than a D1 cabin.

Hope that helps.

IMG_1140.jpeg

False advertising then?

To be clear- the premium deluxe balcony cabins that were designated and still is on Princess website are 15603, 15604, 16603, 16604.

I do not see this correction on my screen from Princess website.

still willing to wait for word from actual passengers in one of the cabins I listed.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

Princess web-site is stil showing these AFT category DO cabins with 'signature benefits'.. both on the booking selection and on the main Deck Plan. 

(the above seems to be showing another web-site)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Princess site is an error, after watching things unfold this past week!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Princess web-site is stil showing these AFT category DO cabins with 'signature benefits'.. both on the booking selection and on the main Deck Plan. 

(the above seems to be showing another web-site)

Can you post a screenshots.  Every time I have checked the Princess website since this discussion started there has been no mention of signature benefits for a DO premium balcony.  Whereas the description on www.cruise deck plans.com have described it with Signature benefits.  Thank you.

image.thumb.png.b73b8235cb7b1ee35a82ed56c8ba0ca9.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

UPDATES & OBSERVATIONS

(1). After having been on board for 8 days, it is important that you know that all the crew members I have encountered, have been OUTSTANDING…and have helped make a less than optimal situation better.    

(2). Still no word as to when SPELLBOUND will go into operation.  However, I did learn today, that the experience will begin with a fixed 3-course dinner, located in the farthest aft portion of the Horizon Dining room located on Deck 8.  The exact menu for that dinner is still unknown by the Deck 8 restaurant manager I spoke with.

(3) The Dome has been closed except for 3 hours per day recently, as they are still working on getting the technical aspects for the shows up and running.  This morning I noticed that the Cirque Éloize performers were in there practicing some of their aerial work, which is a good sign for the next sailing.

(4) Happen to be in an elevator with a Princess construction employee this afternoon.  I noticed that his shirt had a monogram on the shirt pocket reading “Princess New Build Group”, which means he is near the top of the food chain.  I asked how things are going, and when all the venues would be complete.  Soon, was his response, and that he was scheduled to go back to the U.S. on March 19th.  Another good sign. 

(5). We were treated to a second 4 minute dance number by the Sun Princess singers and dancers in the Piazza this evening.  I guess this was supposed to make up for the “four spectacular Arena shows” that were originally promised…but couldn’t be delivered.

(6). I always eat breakfast every morning in the main dining room, and usually the first one there when service begins.  I believe it is important to bring humor into people’s lives whenever appropriate, so I normally kid around with the hostesses, waiters, and two dining room managers. I treat them like family, which they really appreciate, and reciprocate when possible.  This morning we had an early arrival to Sicily.  When I got to the dining room, one of the managers apologized that the usual extensive breakfast menu was not going to be available this morning.  In its place, was a very limited “Express Breakfast” menu instead.  It seems that there were over 1000 passengers scheduled on early morning shore excursions, and that would mean those folks would want to eat a quick breakfast before heading out.  I’ve sailed on Princess extensively over the years, on all their different ships, and I can’t remember ever experiencing a dining room “takeover” like this.  Without any hard proof, I can only conjecture that management felt the buffet wouldn’t be able to handle this number of passengers, and they would need a suitable overflow outlet.  To test my theory, I did a buffet walk-thru when I finished eating, and every table was full, with more passengers in line getting food, and soon would be looking for a place to sit.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10

5 minutes ago, dog said:

It says exactly the same on my Princess site right now!

Very weird!  This what I see for the same cabin using my laptop and I-pad.

image.thumb.png.3dcbacb0e4b21f3a20ccafdcc13b153a.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Very weird!  This what I see for the same cabin using my laptop and I-pad.

image.thumb.png.3dcbacb0e4b21f3a20ccafdcc13b153a.png

Choose a cruise that doesn’t have availability for this. It is also there for a guarantee.

The screen I posted is a pop up before I get to the page you posted.

I am going to leave the topic now.

I shared that my D0- aft 15603 was under $1600 CAD & now over $2300. 
I can’t see myself spending much time in Sun deck and plan to eat in Specialty restaurants 4 nights. 

I do expect many will be disappointed if it is false advertising.

May I ask those onboard what the official Sun swag looks like in the gift shop? I’d love to see tees or hats. What’s the color palette. See I’m back to being happy and ready to shop!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, cruisedoctor said:

UPDATES & OBSERVATIONS

(1). After having been on board for 8 days, it is important that you know that all the crew members I have encountered, have been OUTSTANDING…and have helped make a less than optimal situation better.    

(2). Still no word as to when SPELLBOUND will go into operation.  However, I did learn today, that the experience will begin with a fixed 3-course dinner, located in the farthest aft portion of the Horizon Dining room located on Deck 8.  The exact menu for that dinner is still unknown by the Deck 8 restaurant manager I spoke with.

(3) The Dome has been closed except for 3 hours per day recently, as they are still working on getting the technical aspects for the shows up and running.  This morning I noticed that the Cirque Éloize performers were in there practicing some of their aerial work, which is a good sign for the next sailing.

(4) Happen to be in an elevator with a Princess construction employee this afternoon.  I noticed that his shirt had a monogram on the shirt pocket reading “Princess New Build Group”, which means he is near the top of the food chain.  I asked how things are going, and when all the venues would be complete.  Soon, was his response, and that he was scheduled to go back to the U.S. on March 19th.  Another good sign. 

(5). We were treated to a second 4 minute dance number by the Sun Princess singers and dancers in the Piazza this evening.  I guess this was supposed to make up for the “four spectacular Arena shows” that were originally promised…but couldn’t be delivered.

(6). I always eat breakfast every morning in the main dining room, and usually the first one there when service begins.  I believe it is important to bring humor into people’s lives whenever appropriate, so I normally kid around with the hostesses, waiters, and two dining room managers. I treat them like family, which they really appreciate, and reciprocate when possible.  This morning we had an early arrival to Sicily.  When I got to the dining room, one of the managers apologized that the usual extensive breakfast menu was not going to be available this morning.  In its place, was a very limited “Express Breakfast” menu instead.  It seems that there were over 1000 passengers scheduled on early morning shore excursions, and that would mean those folks would want to eat a quick breakfast before heading out.  I’ve sailed on Princess extensively over the years, on all their different ships, and I can’t remember ever experiencing a dining room “takeover” like this.  Without any hard proof, I can only conjecture that management felt the buffet wouldn’t be able to handle this number of passengers, and they would need a suitable overflow outlet.  To test my theory, I did a buffet walk-thru when I finished eating, and every table was full, with more passengers in line getting food, and soon would be looking for a place to sit.  

@cruisedoctor

Thanks for all the awesome information.

If you are still on the ship can you do us all a big favor.

Can you please ask Customer Service if these cabins

Premium Deluxe Balcony

Category D0

Cabins

16604   16603

15604   15603

14604   14603

12604   12603

11604   11603

Has Signature benefits and upgrades.

Thanks so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

They are trying to ensure a smooth(er) cruise by decreasing capacity. 

And hoping the complainers will take the option to wait. Hey, might get better weather and a completed ship. Honestly I think the crew needs a slight reprieve. It’s hard dealing with complaining customers. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisedoctor said:

UPDATES & OBSERVATIONS

@cruisedoctor

Thanks for all the awesome information.

If you are still on the ship can you do us all a big favor.

Can you please ask Customer Service if these cabins

Premium Deluxe Balcony

Category D0

Cabins

16604   16603

15604   15603

14604   14603

12604   12603

11604   11603

Has Signature benefits and upgrades.

Thanks so much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

Half the menu is out of the Princess Plus price range 😳 That was a rarity in our 2022 cruise 

I’ll be asking the Sun Princess bartenders to make me mixed drinks that are $15 or less. It was rare to find many drinks over $15 on our 2023 cruise as well.

6 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Thanks. And my drink package include drinks up to $15.  Prices have sure gone up since last year. I can see myself getting that dare bill again at the end of the cruise.

The Premier package goes up to 20.00 per drink I believe.  It's another 40 per day per couple, but does include two specialty dinners per person as well as unlimited casual dining experiences.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

And what is so sad about it? You only pay the difference from your included 15$ drink. TBH, who cares about one or two extra dollars, if you want the drink you like.

If the new drink is 18.00, you'll pay 3.00, plus 0.54 gratuity per drink.  If you drink 4 of them, that's over 14.00.  You might as well just get the Premier package and pay 20.00 per day.