Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

curious - did you book yourself on the website, thru Princess CVP or independent TA?

How was your cabin availability in your desired class and location?

We booked through our Princess CVP.

I don't know the extent of cabin availability.  Our guy gave us pricing options for Premium Deluxe balcony in the sphere, Cabana (non-Reserve) MS in the sphere, and Reserve Cabana MS on deck 9.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

And 'just like that', I logged in and my booking is back to normal with the correct cabin and the Princess website also shows all the Med cruises too.

Mines working now as well

Looking at the 5 day and then the 7 day right after. A little pricey but what the heck. Waiting to hear back from my TA. I can see everything on the Princess website, but my TA's website doesn't show anything on the Sun Princess past August 2024.

5 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Looking at the 5 day and then the 7 day right after. A little pricey but what the heck. Waiting to hear back from my TA. I can see everything on the Princess website, but my TA's website doesn't show anything on the Sun Princess past August 2024.

how was your cabin availability on the 5 day? we booked it yesterday, and the deluxe balcony cabins was almost non-existent - wth?  but we ended up with hopefully what will be a nice cabin on deck 12 mid-aft - which is our preferred area anyway

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

how was your cabin availability on the 5 day? we booked it yesterday, and the deluxe balcony cabins was almost non-existent - wth?  but we ended up with hopefully what will be a nice cabin on deck 12 mid-aft - which is our preferred area anyway

Cabin availability on the Princess website really varied from location and deck. I'm looking deck 15 or lower midship and the cabin selections seemed reasonable. I want to try and keep the same cabin for both dates. I'm just hoping my TA has a good selection. Unfortunately traveling solo really costs more. I did notice the mid-aft and mid-forward selection wasn't very good. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Just went back on Princess website and the midship cabin I was looking at on deck 15 just went up $50 for the 5 day and $100 for the7 day verses what it was 2 hours ago. What the Heck!!!

dynamic pricing - "Al Gore's Rhythm"

5 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Unfortunately, they are all doing that.

I did just booked a B2B on the Sun. 10/14/24 5 day and the 10/19/24 7 day.

On the 5 day we booked - deluxe balcony - our deposit (no FCD's) was total $100 for 2 people

but we also looked at the 7 day you booked and it seemed like the deposit was $500 total?

see you on board - in a mere 543 days ...

14 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

This will be third Princess ship inaugural. See you on board.

we did SKY - v2.0 - after they added another 3 day prior to ours

had Discovery booked - that didn't happen Covid did

SUN? - well it's a go for now

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we did SKY - v2.0 - after they added another 3 day prior to ours

had Discovery booked - that didn't happen Covid did

SUN? - well it's a go for now

I wasn't sure if you did the Royal or the Sky. We did the Sky Inaugural B2B2B (3/3/7). We spent a lot of time at the retreat pool on deck 17.

6 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

I wasn't sure if you did the Royal or the Sky. We did the Sky Inaugural B2B2B (3/3/7). We spent a lot of time at the retreat pool on deck 17.

yeah - for our little 3 day - it was so quick, but enjoyable ... we hung at wake view bar and pool area - seem to do the aft bar on most cruises ... and Vines

Did an online booking today on the Sun for a cabana mini suite, handicapped accessible for Dec 7, 2024.  It offered me a cabin category C2 for $1,569 per person cruise fare.  I put in all the info and it asked did I want to pay in full at that price or put it on hold.  I selected hold and received a booking #, then printed the travel summary.  I was shocked to see the price listed at $2,171 per person cruise fare!  I called my VCP and he said the on line booking isn't keeping up with the pricing which changes as more rooms are booked and the price it what it says on the travel summary.  The total price with insurance is $1,300 more than I agree to when I put this on hold.  Princess on line booking shouldn't be up if it can't give you a accurate price.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Just went back on Princess website and the midship cabin I was looking at on deck 15 just went up $50 for the 5 day and $100 for the7 day verses what it was 2 hours ago. What the Heck!!!

On April 7th we booked on the Sun for a June 7-day out of Athens. I just checked - the total price for that cruise in the same cabin type on the same deck has gone up $490 since then. Don't know if that's normal or not but glad we got in while we did in case it continues. 

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

It looks like Princess might have actually listed to our comments. Extra seating in all cabin types and shower doors instead of curtains. 😃

👍  this and other considerations is why we are looking forward to this new ship .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruz4Sun said:

Did an online booking today on the Sun for a cabana mini suite, handicapped accessible for Dec 7, 2024.  It offered me a cabin category C2 for $1,569 per person cruise fare.  I put in all the info and it asked did I want to pay in full at that price or put it on hold.  I selected hold and received a booking #, then printed the travel summary.  I was shocked to see the price listed at $2,171 per person cruise fare!  I called my VCP and he said the on line booking isn't keeping up with the pricing which changes as more rooms are booked and the price it what it says on the travel summary.  The total price with insurance is $1,300 more than I agree to when I put this on hold.  Princess on line booking shouldn't be up if it can't give you a accurate price.  

Agree 100%. I've seen the same thing happen on other lines especially to their add-ons.

7 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

This will be third Princess ship inaugural. See you on board.

We did the Royal and Sky Caribbean inaugurals as you did.  We also sailed the 1st two cruises of Discovery.  

2 hours ago, macusr said:

We did the Royal and Sky Caribbean inaugurals as you did.  We also sailed the 1st two cruises of Discovery.  

Enjoyed the Royal. Really liked the Sky. Unfortunately sailing the Sun solo.

if anyone is having trouble seeing room availability you might try looking at Costco Vacations.  For some reason when I was booking our Transatlantic cruise a few months ago Princess wouldn't show me any availability for the Cabana Mini-suites.  Princess only had the "guaranteed room" option, but Costco's site would show all the available rooms.  That was the case with some of the balconies as well.  And my TA could also see the available rooms.

Yes, I am wondering if they will add another FLL 'inaugural' at some point.

I didn't jump at booking the 5 Day.

Voljeep, I just checked the 5 Day, and there did seem to be availability for mid-ship.  I didn't want to be in one of those inset balconies between the two extended premium balconies.   There are mid aft and mid forward.

A midship deluxe balcony is showing $2146. for the two of us.

A mid-aft deluxe balcony is showing $2096.

Do you remember what the Princess website fare was for your cabin when you booked?

Just wondering how much it might have gone up already.

Edited by Wishing on a star