Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

On 3/24/2023 at 9:55 AM, Geoffa30 said:

Thanks @snoozecrooze for posting the link and the summary. Will watch the video later.

Only comment I have is I certainly hope they have a different menu in the Signature restaurant. I imagine if there isn’t, there will be uproar especially as it makes the new Princess suite experience less competitive compared to other lines.

At around 12 minutes 35 seconds in this video https://youtu.be/w1lqSq7tn-g (which covers the recent ship tour in Fincantieri), there is mention of whether the Signature & Reserve restaurants will have a different menu. Seemingly the Princess Execs wouldn’t commit to whether they would be different. Hopefully not a bad omen.

Edited by Geoffa30
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

At around 12 minutes 35 seconds in this video https://youtu.be/w1lqSq7tn-g (which covers the recent ship tour in Fincantieri), there is mention of whether the Signature & Reserve restaurants will have a different menu. Seemingly the Princess Execs wouldn’t commit to whether they would be different. Hopefully not a bad omen.

Thanks for sharing that video with us.

I know the ship will have 100 connecting rooms, but has anyone seen a deck plan that identifies which cabins will connect? I’m looking to book two cabins for a Mediterranean cruise next summer but I can’t find any deck plans with legends that show connecting cabins. As a Plan B, I will just book two adjoining cabins and hope we can get the balcony divider opened.

33 minutes ago, jps243 said:

I know the ship will have 100 connecting rooms, but has anyone seen a deck plan that identifies which cabins will connect? I’m looking to book two cabins for a Mediterranean cruise next summer but I can’t find any deck plans with legends that show connecting cabins. As a Plan B, I will just book two adjoining cabins and hope we can get the balcony divider opened.

If you’re on the deck plan for the ship and on the deck you want to look up, on the left side of the screen under the staterooms tab, there is a checkbox for connecting rooms.  Click that box and the deck plan will update to show which rooms are connecting one.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Sun Princess will have an area for the kid's clubs? I looked at the plans on CruiseMapper.com but didn't see it near the fitness center, which is where it was on the Sky Princess. Looked on other decks and couldn't find it. 

31 minutes ago, GK95 said:

Does anyone know if the Sun Princess will have an area for the kid's clubs? I looked at the plans on CruiseMapper.com but didn't see it near the fitness center, which is where it was on the Sky Princess. Looked on other decks and couldn't find it. 

Someone suggested in another thread that The Underground and Neon Grove on Deck 7 and Firefly Park on Deck 6 next to Guest Services are Teen and Kids Areas.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GK95 said:

I the kids club it is on Deck 6 Fwd of the Enclave. The Teen and Tween areas are up on Deck 7, FWD up next to the Princess Theater.

Edited by carefreebee
more info
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Wow! Fell to page 9.

Any new pictures on the building of the Sun?

The deck plans seem to be coming together.

she'll be a site to behold a real beauty . 

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Wow! Fell to page 9.

Any new pictures on the building of the Sun?

The deck plans seem to be coming together.

Not seen anything since the flurry of PR from the shipyard visit 5 weeks ago. They will be focussing on the interior fitting out now but it would be good to have more progress updates. 

And, of course, we have found out more about O'Malley's Irish Pub in this press release, which wasn't called out specifically last month but is on the official deck plans. This has just been added to Enchanted Princess. And speculation if there will be a Catch by Rudi seafood restaurant somewhere in the mix for Sun Princess.

Edited by dides

1 hour ago, dides said:

Not seen anything since the flurry of PR from the shipyard visit 5 weeks ago. They will be focussing on the interior fitting out now but it would be good to have more progress updates. 

And, of course, we have found out more about O'Malley's Irish Pub in this press release, which wasn't called out specifically last month but is on the official deck plans. This has just been added to Enchanted Princess. And speculation if there will be a Catch by Rudi seafood restaurant somewhere in the mix for Sun Princess.

Thanks for the link to the press release. Interesting.

• Like 1

So today I reviewed my booking for the June 1 2024 21-day cruise on the Sun Princess.

Our cabin has changed from a specific DD cabin to one that is only guaranteed. Really liked the cabin we had as it was a great location! Good thing I regularly save the travel summaries with a dated file name. Have an email into my TA to see what's up.

Also took a look at the available cruises for the Sun Princess and not one of the inaugural voyages in the Mediterranean nor the trans-Atlantic to FLL show up.

Anyone know what's going on? Has there been a production delay?

19 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

So today I reviewed my booking for the June 1 2024 21-day cruise on the Sun Princess.

Our cabin has changed from a specific DD cabin to one that is only guaranteed. Really liked the cabin we had as it was a great location! Good thing I regularly save the travel summaries with a dated file name. Have an email into my TA to see what's up.

Also took a look at the available cruises for the Sun Princess and not one of the inaugural voyages in the Mediterranean nor the trans-Atlantic to FLL show up.

I received my two bookings for Caribbean Fall 2024 before I even woke up this morning. Not sure if its on the website yet but its definitely bookable within the system

1 minute ago, fpsphil said:

I received my two bookings for Caribbean Fall 2024 before I even woke up this morning. Not sure if its on the website yet but its definitely bookable within the system

They are listed online but not bookable unless you are an elite. opens tomorrow for everyone else

1 minute ago, fpsphil said:

my new CVP booked our Fall 2024 little 5 day cruise on the SUN - very limited cabins for booking on the website - and prices, at least for the cruise we booked are up about 30% from nearly the same cruise on the CB in Fall 2023

12 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

It's only the sailings in the Med and the trans-Atlantic that have disappeared.

5 minutes ago, macusr said:

Booked the 5n 10/14/24 this morning.  Since it's a shorter cruise, we decided it was our chance to splurge and try the new Cabana Mini-Suite. 

curious - did you book yourself on the website, thru Princess CVP or independent TA?

How was your cabin availability in your desired class and location?

58 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Hopefully the bookings not displaying is only a temporary glitch.  My TA booking is in my account, no room change.

Something I noticed this past weekend is there are now two sets of deck plans listed.  A second one for post mid October sailings. I only looked at the public spaces and didn't catch what the changes may be. 

Maybe Princess is working on site updates related to more new news coming out about the ship in the near term?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmsmith said:

Hopefully the bookings not displaying is only a temporary glitch.  My TA booking is in my account, no room change.

Something I noticed this past weekend is there are now two sets of deck plans listed.  A second one for post mid October sailings. I only looked at the public spaces and didn't catch what the changes may be. 

Maybe Princess is working on site updates related to more new news coming out about the ship in the near term?

Hopefully it's temporary as the new Caribbean itineraries came out today. Maybe something got screwed up with the release.

Two deck plans have historically been about reclassifying cabins and not true physical changes to the ship.

My TA called a little bit ago. He checked with his contacts at Princess and they are clueless over there. What he sees through POLAR is all the Med sailings are on hold and nothing can be done with them. His feeling on this from many years of experience with Princess is the ship build schedule has gotten so far behind, they're pausing the inaugural sailings until they can get a better handle on what the real completion schedule will be.

I'm now looking at backup bookings ... something I've gotten used to doing during and just after COVID.