Odyssey Dec. 11-17

BecciBoo

17 hours ago, jamon said:

BeckyBoo....I am going to assume you are Pinnacle, were you able to get reservations in Coastal Kitchen??? And were you still able to get the 25.00 per person to use at a specialty restaurant???? Also were you able to use the suite lounge?? thanks

Yes to both.  Coastal Kitchen was dead most night other than Lobster night when 75 percent of the tables at our seating were full.

This is kinda irrelevant but we transit the ship a lot of times in the cabin corridors which is much faster than using the promenade, and one time we were walking down one and we saw a door decoration, didn't have our phones so no picture, but since there are numerous threads on that subject I have to say, this door was stellar!  They had taken an authentic fish net (like the ones we used to decorate our rooms with as teens back in the day, along with glass ball floats)  remember those???  and then put all sorts of sea worthy junk and a Christmas Message all over the net.  It was quite something.  Wish we had a pic but I just didn't have time to hunt it down again.  But there were plenty of door deco.

On 12/21/2022 at 9:19 AM, BecciBoo said:

Oh Thank you sunlover!!!!!!  You made my day.  The only video we have that made it from that incident is one right before the accident!  Todd was so excited he didn't get the iphone camera working right.  It was a passenger that did this and I asked her if they had told her she must pay for it and she said, "No they haven't but I gladly will".  Those were her words.  What I don't understand is why they went back to glass bottles instead of the cans, at the least there should be warning signs not to bring any glass onto the walkway!  I think RCCL may have learned a good lesson, I know I did.

My thought was that the woman brought the glass bottle from the pub - she admitted that she brought it from a different deck and not the pool deck. To replace that glass is going to be crazy expensive. They should make the person that broke it pay for it.  After all, she was going around telling everyone that would listen that she was the one who broke it - like it was a badge of honor. Jeez....

On 12/21/2022 at 9:27 AM, BecciBoo said:

You mean you were up there with us!  I wish I'd known since we missed you at Lime & Coconut, that is too funny!

Yep we must have narrowly missed each other at both places and 270. There was a big crowd for that time of year -- no one was wearing Mardi Gras beads nor had a cruise critic sign so it was either going up to everyone asking if they were from CC (which I wasn't going to do) or not meeting up. 

6 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yep we must have narrowly missed each other at both places and 270. There was a big crowd for that time of year -- no one was wearing Mardi Gras beads nor had a cruise critic sign so it was either going up to everyone asking if they were from CC (which I wasn't going to do) or not meeting up. 

I actually asked several women if they were Bette! LOL Then we ran across her at the top tier and I had a feeling and sure enough there she was.  I couldn't wear my Santa hat because of my little booboo, it hurt my egg!  In fact I'll just go ahead and share...watch where you're going and don't miss the curb when walking in Ft. Lauderdale.  I tripped and ran into a concrete pillar! This happened Saturday night before the cruise so if you saw a lady wearing gold lenz shades all week it was me:

IMG_3051.HEIC

Edited by BecciBoo

I would just point out that I have never seen a sign stating not to bring glass ware, bottles, out on the pool or sun deck. I think it would be great to ban glass on decks where people are more likely to be barefoot. One morning in a solarium I was just about to settle into a chair and noticed a broken glass that someone just left there. If I had already kicked off my sandals I would have likely had a slashed foot.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I actually asked several women if they were Bette! LOL Then we ran across her at the top tier and I had a feeling and sure enough there she was.  I couldn't wear my Santa hat because of my little booboo, it hurt my egg!  In fact I'll just go ahead and share...watch where you're going and don't miss the curb when walking in Ft. Lauderdale.  I tripped and ran into a concrete pillar! This happened Saturday night before the cruise so if you saw a lady wearing gold lenz shades all week it was me:

IMG_3051.HEIC 1.56 MB · 10 downloads

Wowwy! I can see why you were wearing shades the whole time. Hope you are healing nicely. Maybe we'll run into each other on another cruise.  BTW, on the site we can't name, some were reporting they left with a "C" souvenir. Did you hear anything about that?

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would just point out that I have never seen a sign stating not to bring glass ware,

They were prominently placed in the Solarium, which was the only pool area we visited.

"No food or glass containers" it said.

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2022 at 9:36 AM, BecciBoo said:

This is kinda irrelevant but we transit the ship a lot of times in the cabin corridors which is much faster than using the promenade, and one time we were walking down one and we saw a door decoration, didn't have our phones so no picture, but since there are numerous threads on that subject I have to say, this door was stellar!  They had taken an authentic fish net (like the ones we used to decorate our rooms with as teens back in the day, along with glass ball floats)  remember those???  and then put all sorts of sea worthy junk and a Christmas Message all over the net.  It was quite something.  Wish we had a pic but I just didn't have time to hunt it down again.  But there were plenty of door deco.

I never walk the cabin corridors except those required to get to my cabin. Years ago a friend of mine got a visit from security because cameras showed he was in the hallway of a door that had everything stolen from it (magnets, Xmas decorations, etc.). He said the security guys were pretty cool but the couple was extremely upset so they supposedly interviewed a lot of passengers about this incident. Nothing happened to him but that incident has always stuck in my mind so I avoid cabin corridors as much as possible. Unfortunately that limits my search for upside down pineapples. 😊