Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

Had the back to back information  for international to domestic left on the bed last night. Have a read. It's pretty straight forward.

Added bonus of $25 on board credit and free shuttle.

We are switching rooms as the first two cruises were booked quite late and the cruise is full.

Happy with Princess  providing enough info 3 nights before docking.20230101_061044.thumb.jpg.3fee626161cc128c27beff4c7fe93af4.jpg20230101_061115.thumb.jpg.f9b69db96fd402ac0b1e51c779184308.jpg

• Like 1

New years eve was great.

The grand Princess laid on 4 big parties to choose from. Followed by the nightclub after. We lasted till 1am, we are early birds and 5.30am is a lie in for us.

Atmosphere was great on the ship and good to see so many  people dancing and having a good time. Party hats and decorations were everywhere.

• Like 3

Interesting.  Clearly those that embarked and will disembark in ADL need to get off there then which will apply to us next cruise.  I'm curious to know if it's $25 OBC per person or per stateroom?  If it's per stateroom, I can hardly think that $25 OBC will cover the cost of a snacks let alone lunch for the 4 of us 🙂

3 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

New years eve was great.

The grand Princess laid on 4 big parties to choose from. Followed by the nightclub after. We lasted till 1am, we are early birds and 5.30am is a lie in for us.

Atmosphere was great on the ship and good to see so many  people dancing and having a good time. Party hats and decorations were everywhere.

That is good to hear.  

53 minutes ago, RobinBancs said:

Interesting.  Clearly those that embarked and will disembark in ADL need to get off there then which will apply to us next cruise.  I'm curious to know if it's $25 OBC per person or per stateroom?  If it's per stateroom, I can hardly think that $25 OBC will cover the cost of a snacks let alone lunch for the 4 of us 🙂

Reading the letter from Princess to poster, it is $25 obc to EACH guest, not per cabin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobinBancs said:

It's per person. 

I think it's generous enough. Princess  are just complying with  Australian regulations. The credit and free shuttle  are unexpected.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

It's per person. 

I think it's generous enough. Princess  are just complying with  Australian regulations. The credit and free shuttle  are unexpected.

Having done several B2B turn around days in MLB with Princess over the years this is certainly the first time I have seen them provide anything like this. Have to say it is a welcome change 👍

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Womble99 said:

Having done several B2B turn around days in MLB with Princess over the years this is certainly the first time I have seen them provide anything like this. Have to say it is a welcome change 👍

Yes. My other back to backs with Princess were just domestic. When I did a back to back with royal Caribbean on international we got nothing and had to get off for a zero count.

This is just a little bonus as we were going to go into Melbourne  for a few hours anyway 

• Like 1

The day in Melbourne can be filled in so many ways, we normally catch the tram into town then wander from there.

This year the trip will not be as exciting as the DW is excited to go checkout the new Victoria Secret store that has opened 🙄oh well better than having to travel to the states I guess......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Womble99 said:

This year the trip will not be as exciting as the DW is excited to go checkout the new Victoria Secret store that has opened 🙄oh well better than having to travel to the states I guess......

Surely, if your wife is checking out the new Victoria Secrets store, there will be an exciting result. 😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Surely, if your wife is checking out the new Victoria Secrets store, there will be an exciting result. 😁

Lol been round this round a bout before..... lots of waiting involved. At least all the other times it was in foreign cities

10 hours ago, RobinBancs said:

For the next cruise, I don't believe so - it will be a domestic cruise which doesn't require zero count when it returns to Melbourne on 9th January. If you are doing NZ from Adelaide, which returns to Adelaide on 24th January, yes the same will apply. Using Melbourne & Adelaide as alternate departure ports makes it a bit more complex.

For anyone from Adelaide on the current cruise and disembarking in Adelaide on Thursday (and 22/1), yes they need to be off the ship, which might be a pain but can be treated as a port day with a free shuttle and OBC than wouldn't normally be offered. Going by the letter, it is $25 each OBC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

For the next cruise, I don't believe so - it will be a domestic cruise which doesn't require zero count when it returns to Melbourne on 9th January. If you are doing NZ from Adelaide, which returns to Adelaide on 24th January, yes the same will apply. Using Melbourne & Adelaide as alternate departure ports makes it a bit more complex.

For anyone from Adelaide on the current cruise and disembarking in Adelaide on Thursday (and 22/1), yes they need to be off the ship, which might be a pain but can be treated as a port day with a free shuttle and OBC than wouldn't normally be offered. Going by the letter, it is $25 each OBC.

The $25 each was the first thing I spotted on the aforesaid letter and I reported accordingly your Worship.😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

If you are doing NZ from Adelaide, which returns to Adelaide on 24th January, yes the same will apply.

Yep, that's exactly what I mean.  We're on that one that departs ADL on Jan 5 and returns to ADL on Jan 24, so MEL on Jan 22 should be $25 OBC and a free shuttle to the CBD.  Win win win 🙂

• Like 2