Live from 12/23 Riviera “Alluring Caribbean”

ToxM

We made up a CC table at La Reserve - what a wonderful group of interesting and fun people.

Blurry picture is Jacques Pepin - true gentleman. Answered questions. I wanted to ask - Jacques is arguably the most popular specialty dining room. Why were you ditched from Vista and replaced with an American fast-food diner? My wife said NO.

some other random pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Sorry have not been on for various reasons:

The Good The bad and the smelly 

- the first day line 2 (euphemism for sewer) was plugged and flooded our washroom with effluent (euphemism for *****) - others not ours. ......

- went down to Medical centre and not just for research purposes, They are wonderful. After signing a myriad of papers promising our house, our first born and our horse they were thorough. X-ray, ECG, blood tests, urine sample, and 3 degrees of Covid testing they determined negative to Covid, but I have , respiratory infection, and placed intravenous antibiotics,  plus various pills and elixirs. Feeling better 12 hours later. Hacking almost gone. Very kind and thorough staff. We were warned cost could be $500 to $20000.

‘..... Ummmm - OK .

‘Wish you were here.

Sorry to hear. Would over the counter meds have helped? (Tylenol etc)

$500 to $20000?? Quite a huge spread. They could not tell you after they saw you what the bill was going to be?

Wish we were there too.... see you next week 🙂

Edited by pete_coach
Pete_coach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pete_coach said:

$500 to $20000?? Quite a huge spread. They could not tell you after they saw you what the bill was going to be?

This was before they saw us so I figured the greater amount was if I required open heart surgery and a limb transplant. In truth - the way I felt, the cost was the least of my worries and I really wasn’t in a state to make rational decisions. Just wanted to be made whole. 12 hours later it was worth whatever - I will report back when I see the bill.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pete_coach said:

Would over the counter meds have helped? (Tylenol etc)

Tylenol, Buckley, Vicks, antiseptic gargle, Cold FX have all been part of our regimen however I wasn’t feeling any better. Tough it out would have been an option but pneumonia was the worry I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Robjame  sorry to hear you are not well

going to the med centre was probably the best  at that point

At least it is warm there  &  not -16C  LOL

Get well soon  & enjoy the rest of the cruise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Tylenol, Buckley, Vicks, antiseptic gargle, Cold FX have all been part of our regimen however I wasn’t feeling any better. Tough it out would have been an option but pneumonia was the worry I think.

Hope you got the miracle one day cure and the rest of your cruis(es) are OK.

• Like 1

We are sticking to our cabin for a couple of days as per doctors orders. The extended balcony allows 2 loungers which is fantastic.

Dont be afraid to stray from the norm on room service. We are not big fans of the finely chopped fruit cocktail so for lunch we asked for sliced melon or banana. Both arrived along with two muffins only on the breakfast menu. Amazed by everyone’s eagerness to please. Unsweetened iced tea has been soothing and our room service comes with 2 glasses.

i now know why today is a sea day. Blackjack poker and slots tournaments.

we received the Oceania cheeseboard for Christmas. Lovely surprise.

Edited by Robjame
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear you arent well Rob! Hope you feel better soon. 

We are indeed at sea today, and I am delighted - the poker tournament made me particularly happy 🙂

I think from the buyins only 10 bucks goes to the house so it’s a bit of a loss leader for them (not foerme I have chopped first place in both tourneys so far and am up 900 bucks!)

Net has been fine for me tbh, a little slow but nothing major. 

Hubby wasn’t pleased we missed St Bart’s …I however, love a sea day. 

Hubby thinks service isn’t quite up to par with how it has been previously, I think they are just adjusting to full sailings after a period of significantly reduced passengers numbers. 

I’m beyond happy and have no complaints 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robjame said:

We made up a CC table at La Reserve - what a wonderful group of interesting and fun people.

Blurry picture is Jacques Pepin - true gentleman. Answered questions. I wanted to ask - Jacques is arguably the most popular specialty dining room. Why were you ditched from Vista and replaced with an American fast-food diner? My wife said NO.

some other random pics.

Are you saying Jacque's wife said no or your DW said "don't ask"? Would sure like to know why?

25 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Our hospital account showed up online. We pick up itemized bill anytime.

Sandra - $537.30

Rob - $3275.78

Another use for OBC

What do you think?

DH  had  URI  back in 2019 on the crossing  he opted out of the IV  treatment  & it came in about the same as your wife 

He had a jab & antibiotics chest xray   the night before disembarkation

We had a lot of pax sick on the cruise

We have Greensheild  from his retirement plan  we just submitted the paperwork when we got home 

Hopefully your plan will not hold you to contacting them ahead of treatment

Feel better soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Our hospital account showed up online. We pick up itemized bill anytime.

Sandra - $537.30

Rob - $3275.78

Another use for OBC

What do you think?

What I would expect..I have no idea what insurance you used but I use Allianz and had never had a problem they always pay promptly..

Glad you are feeling better..be sure and look up my daughter..after the 14th

Jancruz1

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ORV said:

Sorry to hear of your infections. Lots of that going around. It’s hard to shake.

We always travel will prescriptions medications from our family doctor...Inhalers, antibiotics, and Medrol packs. He is a traveler like we are and, keeps us up to date on what drugs to take with us.This has saved us from going to the ships doctor more than once. We also take an assortment of over the counter meds for congestion and pain relief. And we have MedJet insurance, and trip insurance through our credit card.  We now also travel with CoVid test kits. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 8:26 AM, Robjame said:

some other random pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jacque Pepin was executive chef of Howard Johnson's so maybe he will assist with the menu for the American fast food diner 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

What is in the remodeled bathroom where the shower stall was? Is it just an open space? I can't tell from your photos.

Storage. There is a high counter with 4 drawers for storage. Above it is a “medicine cabinet” with shelves behind opaque glass doors. Very necessary and useful IMO. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robjame said:

Storage. There is a high counter with 4 drawers for storage. Above it is a “medicine cabinet” with shelves behind opaque glass doors. Very necessary and useful IMO. 

That's what I thought they would do with the space the old shower was in. Can you take a picture, maybe a shot of the whole bathroom from the doorway that shows the new layout? Inquiring minds want to know.☺️