This fellow said he was assaulted by an MSC crew member...

Stockjock

Hi-

Appears high drama for clicks/views...said he still enjoyed 99% of his cruise...really...seems like even he thought it was very minimal.

I was shoved more by passengers trying to get the shrimp on Seascape buffet!!!! and also when they have the $10.00 sale on the tables...

MSC is not perfect...but tons better than many of the passengers I encounter...

pass the popcorn 😃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nikita4 said:

Stockjock, why you are so negative against MSC? And why you want to cruise with them after all your problems? I dont unterstand you.

You must not follow my comments and reviews.

To begin, this is this fellow's opinion, not mine.  He claims to have been physically assaulted by an MSC crew member.  If true, it's unacceptable.

In terms of my reviews, I think they've all been 4-5 stars.

• Like 1

Interesting video @Stockjock

While on the Preziosa in Oct from Southampton I heard a guest claim at reception services he had been "poked" and "shoved". This guy was extremely agitated and angry and very loud. However on the offer of a free spa treatment from the guest services manager his anger disappeared immediately. I had no idea what happened but I concluded it was "false / massively exaggerated" because if I'd been poked and shoved by a crew member for absolutely no legitimate reason then I'd not have shut up for a free massage....

• Like 1

I'm sorry I'm going to say it too. A lot of the cruise bloggers are way too full of themselves in terms of their "importance" and "influence". I don't care if that makes me unpopular. Whilst it's fun undeniably to watch their videos sometimes I do think sometimes filming stuff all the time must be annoying for crew (albeit most politely smile etc).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And this particular blogger uses sensational "click bait" titles for each of his videos.

Also no real explanation as to why he was using a crew entrance. Not making excuses for the shoving (if it did in fact happen) but maybe from behind the crew member thought it was someone else and it was intended playfully etc. You'll never know the story is one sided.

• Like 2

Haha. Sorry this kind of thing riles me.

I worked once for a UK high street bank nearly 20 years ago. A very middle class lady complained to head office that I'd sworn repeatedly at her once serving her and was given compensation.

It was a completely false claim and whilst it was believed that I had not sworn at her I was livid money had been chucked at the liar just to shut her up.

People do unfortunately tell absolute lies at times.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Stockjock said:

If that's true, I think that putting your hands on a customer in this way is a big deal.  Totally inappropriate.  

Here's the story.
https://youtu.be/fwnq1nhYDO0

I watched it. Pretty funny.

I liked the comments thinking MSC is going to do something or should do something. Lol.

Maybe in 2 to 3 years.

He should send an email to MSC or call so they can have a supervisor call him in 48-72 hours.  Not!

Great product, lousy customer service and IT. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nikita4 said:

Stockjock, why you are so negative against MSC? And why you want to cruise with them after all your problems? I dont unterstand you.

The regulars here know the answer....large ego, and a need to be noticed! 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

To save anyone listening from watching the video, I summarized it below:

• The blogger boarded in San Juan at a crew only gangway.
  • At the top of the gangway a security person dealing with an incident shouted at people to move out the way, the blogger didn't move out the way in time so the security member touched him to move him out the way and ran past to deal with the incident. 
  • No pain, injuries or bruising was mentioned by the blogger.
  • Guest services offered an apology, and said they would inform the dept head.
  • The blogger is upset that he received no compensation from either guest service or MSC customer service.

I think it is valid for Stockjock to share this, and I'm sure everyone will have a different reaction and opinion.    My opinion is it shouldn't even be considered an incident, and more a way for the blogger to increase revenue from youtube.  

Edited by 8420PR
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 8420PR said:

To save anyone listening from watching the video, I summarized it below:

• The blogger boarded in San Juan at a crew only gangway.
  • At the top of the gangway a security person dealing with an incident shouted at people to move out the way, the blogger didn't move out the way in time so the security member touched him to move him out the way and ran past to deal with the incident. 
  • No pain, injuries or bruising was mentioned by the blogger.
  • Guest services offered an apology, and said they would inform the dept head.
  • The blogger is upset that he received no compensation from either guest service or MSC customer service.

Thanks for this review of video. Someone always wanting something for nothing

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FSHLOT said:

Thanks for this review of video. Someone always wanting something for nothing

I suspect it is more about the blogger trying to make more revenue from youtube by getting more views.  Everyone does ship reviews and video tours, but it is the controversial stuff that gets the clicks and makes the money.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

I'm sorry I'm going to say it too. A lot of the cruise bloggers are way too full of themselves in terms of their "importance" and "influence". I don't care if that makes me unpopular. Whilst it's fun undeniably to watch their videos sometimes I do think sometimes filming stuff all the time must be annoying for crew (albeit most politely smile etc).

Completely agree. I won’t even click on their videos. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stockjock said:

If that's true, I think that putting your hands on a customer in this way is a big deal.  Totally inappropriate.  

Here's the story.
https://youtu.be/fwnq1nhYDO0

I tend to agree with you. The gangway was a combo gangway used by both crew and passengers. He admits to not paying attention. I am not completely cognizant of all my faculties anymore and choose to cruise vacation because of all the safety the environment provides. This gentleman did not push back or start an altercation. In a similar circumstance a similar shove might have caused more serious harm to our frail bodies. The only thing this gentleman experienced was a bruised ego. One would expect this type of behavior from a 'short fused' or over indulged passenger, not a 'highly' trained ship's employee.

In fairness, I didn’t get through the entire video.  So, maybe there was something that would change my initial thoughts.  

But, why does this vlogger seem to be “hey, it’s all about me, me, me”.  A security person needed to get on board quickly (why his size mattered is beyond me).  We don’t know why.  He tried to get the vlogger out of the way to let him through.  Was it a single request?  Multiple requests?  Finally, the security person tried to get the vlogger to move.  Did he move?  Or, was he bound and determined not to let this guy through?  Just asking the questions.

In addition, the vlogger wanted the guy to be admonished, and to have this guy’s boss report back to the vlogger he was certainly admonished.  What a PITA this guy sounds like.

Mountain…meet molehill.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

The regulars here know the answer....large ego, and a need to be noticed! 😉

Yes there is a trend with the click bait titles on "certain" posts 🤣

Serious though, that is the purpose for this site...clicks/$$$

• Like 1

Well: Some of those influencers are just being "full of themselves". And they're getting as "fuller" as direct social media revenue diminishes. At least some of those social media are now moving for personal subscription business. Want more money? Capture your viewers, please!

That said those small things can happen: MSC or otherwise. Once in Barcelona cruise terminal, embarking from an MSC sponsored shore excursion, one the port's authorities security guys tried to steal my smartphone from me... Blocked by one of the ship's Israelis security whom was at the near be!... TBHH: Those things happen!... No need to come as excited as it can be to the social media over those happenings!... Just beware of your belongings and be nice and patience to the ones serving you makes the trick for a happy day!...

53 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Well: Some of those influencers are just being "full of themselves". And they're getting as "fuller" as direct social media revenue diminishes. At least some of those social media are now moving for personal subscription business. Want more money? Capture your viewers, please!

That said those small things can happen: MSC or otherwise. Once in Barcelona cruise terminal, embarking from an MSC sponsored shore excursion, one the port's authorities security guys tried to steal my smartphone from me... Blocked by one of the ship's Israelis security whom was at the near be!... TBHH: Those things happen!... No need to come as excited as it can be to the social media over those happenings!... Just beware of your belongings and be nice and patience to the ones serving you makes the trick for a happy day!...

Good rule of thumb...especially at a cruise port....always be aware.  Guests getting off a ship, many to go shopping, probably carrying credit cards and cash, as well as a $1,000 phone, make tempting targets by those who are more nefarious.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

Haha. Sorry this kind of thing riles me.

I worked once for a UK high street bank nearly 20 years ago. A very middle class lady complained to head office that I'd sworn repeatedly at her once serving her and was given compensation.

It was a completely false claim and whilst it was believed that I had not sworn at her I was livid money had been chucked at the liar just to shut her up.

People do unfortunately tell absolute lies at times.

Well, if you think that’s bad, I used to be a police officer, and you can only imagine the type of false complaints that officers get from people who aren’t exactly thrilled about being arrested.

• Like 1