Live from the Viking Neptune World Cruise 2022-23

Mcobean

25 minutes ago, NY Nick said:

That’s nice… buttercup. 

3B960671-A45F-4387-BF3B-0F16DC61AB22.thumb.jpeg.4365faeb21750e64f96c3ced35347a97.jpeg

Well, I grew up in Erie in 60, 70s and early 80s. I know what negative temps and snow are all about. But this is record cold for here...my blood has thinned out; especially, since we had a long streak of 100s this summer

• Like 1

Happy to run in MCOBean Daryl and Susan before dinner enjoying Munch moments. Of all the things I expected to learn this cruise…thanks to Susan for ordering for me the perfect martini! After dinner we then met Marie and Michael…Frokenfluff…so fun to put faces to the name and we enjoyed getting to know them and having a few laughs together. Tomorrow we will welcome Kay and Ross who will finally make it to the ship after a disappointing start from Australia. Let’s meet at 5 in Explorers and help them forget they missed a thing!

• Like 6

On 12/22/2022 at 1:24 PM, Golferprincess said:

Thanks for your (and everyone’s) blogs. I loved Friday’s, and the Viking Daily  suggested ’seaworthy’ books, I have found most of them (free) on Project Gutenberg, which is brilliant. Downloaded to my kindle. Thanks.  I love following the WC along with everyone. One day (when I can finally retire) I will pay the kindness of everyone back 🙂   I hope Wintergarden gradually calms down, and you can get a seat.  As you say, the ‘novelty of afternoon tea’ may wear as the unlimited food creeps onto stomachs! 

p.s., yes different colour highlighters are essential cruise items!  I now take highlighter pencils ✏️  (rather than pens) with me.  

Enjoy Cozumel 🙂 

Edited by Goosebear Mum

Say Hi to Bruce from Dee and Pat Clark (from Michigan, Bruce is too)  We met him last winter when he was on the Jupiter.  You are in for an incredible piano concert...he is also fantastic at producing great shows. I am sure he will be a wonderful asset to the cruise.   I could only see1/2 of the page on my computer..

• Like 1

Hope you're all enjoying the Neptune while we're freezing in northern Virginia!  One of the world cruise bloggers (Boone) mentioned that Luggage Forward had opened their bag and removed magnetic hooks.  I didn't see magnets as one of their prohibited items.  Did anyone else have this problem?  With all the recommendations to bring wall magnets,  Laura is wondering whether we need to reorder our magnets and bring them with us to LA.  Thanks and Merry Christmas

Paul

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

One of the world cruise bloggers (Boone) mentioned that Luggage Forward had opened their bag and removed magnetic hooks.  I didn't see magnets as one of their prohibited items.  Did anyone else have this problem?  With all the recommendations to bring wall magnets,  Laura is wondering whether we need to reorder our magnets and bring them with us to LA. 

Agree, I saw read their blog, and was surprised, as I couldn’t see them listed on banned items for luggage forward, or flights.  I would question LF, if that had been me 😞 I rely on my magnets when I go on a cruise!  If you can reorder, to be safe, I would! 

Edited by Goosebear Mum

2 minutes ago, Goosebear Mum said:

Agree, I saw read their blog, and was surprised, as I couldn’t see them listed on banned items for luggage forward, or flights.  I would question LF, if that had been me 😞 I rely on my magnets when I go on a cruise!  If you can reorder, to be safe, I would! 

I am trying to figure out if there is an amazon locker close to the terminal in LA....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bad user name said:

I am trying to figure out if there is an amazon locker close to the terminal in LA....

I was going to ask if Amazon had those, or equivalent, in America. Then thought, of course they will!  I use those a lot when going on holiday. But I would be cautious if you won’t be in LA for long, in case Amazon cannot deliver to the locker. In the UK the lockers can be notoriously full and the delivery can be 1-2 days late. May not be such an issue in America.  

Just received the annual Xmas email from Robin Petch aka "The Whale & Dolphin Guy", noting he is aboard Neptune for the 22/23 WC. We had Robin on the 19/20 WC and he is a wealth of knowledge. His office is one of the tables up in Explorers and if not presenting in the Theatre, he is often outside Explorers on the fwd deck.

Please pass on my regards, since we are unable to sail this WC.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Just received the annual Xmas email from Robin Petch aka "The Whale & Dolphin Guy", noting he is aboard Neptune for the 22/23 WC. We had Robin on the 19/20 WC and he is a wealth of knowledge. His office is one of the tables up in Explorers and if not presenting in the Theatre, he is often outside Explorers on the fwd deck.

Please pass on my regards, since we are unable to sail this WC.

We also had Robin on our 2019 WC.  We loved him and his wife Chris.

• Like 1