Azamara bathrooms

Hi

we have been on Azamara before but it was pre Covid and 

we were in a obstructed oceanview.   I thought the cabin was small

but now in a veranda and the size of the shower and bathroom are 

the smallest I have ever seen!    We are not big people!

Eileen

• Haha 1

We took a 'luxury' cruise on Azamara Journey a couple of years ago and were very disappointed with the bathroom of our balcony cabin.

As you say, very small - and that awful shower curtain that sticks to you because the shower is too small to avoid it.

I don't put up with a shower curtain at home and was very unimpressed that a so called 'luxury' cruise ship would have them.

Once was enough for us on Azamara 😞

It's a bit of a line ball for me - hate the shower curtain and such a small shower cubicle, but then equally can't stand the shower curtains and shower over the bath on Princess. 

It's been a long time since I was on Azamara and really can't remember the shower, though we had a suite so maybe it was larger?

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

It's a bit of a line ball for me - hate the shower curtain and such a small shower cubicle, but then equally can't stand the shower curtains and shower over the bath on Princess. 

It's been a long time since I was on Azamara and really can't remember the shower, though we had a suite so maybe it was larger?

Been on Pacific Princess and Adonia, both R4 vessels, tiny bathrooms, but rest of the ship is grand.

50 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

The only shower over the bath we have encountered on Princess was in a mini suite on the Coral. Other cabins (balcony and otherwise) we have had on Princess ships have had a small shower with a curtain. The other ship where we had a shower over the bath was a Verandah Suite on the Ryndam (later a P&O ship).

• Like 1

Westerdam has shower curtains too but they seem better behaved than the Princess ones. They are mostly two layer apart from the very top - a removable regular inner layer that joins on to the gauzy outer layer.

The shower cubicle is tiny, not much bigger than in Coral Princess balcony cabins. There is also a showerhead over the bath, and the bath is a bit wider than Coral Princess mini-suite baths so it's easier to avoid the shower curtain.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The only shower over the bath we have encountered on Princess was in a mini suite on the Coral. Other cabins (balcony and otherwise) we have had on Princess ships have had a small shower with a curtain. The other ship where we had a shower over the bath was a Verandah Suite on the Ryndam (later a P&O ship).

Can't remember other cabins I have had on Princess but yes, the Coral does have shower over bath in mini suite. Though so do Sapphire and Diamond as well at least. I do look for hotel rooms as well without the shower over the bath but sometimes have to accept it. It's the clambering in and out that I hate.

47 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Can't remember other cabins I have had on Princess but yes, the Coral does have shower over bath in mini suite. Though so do Sapphire and Diamond as well at least. I do look for hotel rooms as well without the shower over the bath but sometimes have to accept it. It's the clambering in and out that I hate.

I think it is dangerous for older people unless there are safety bars to hold on to.

• Like 4