Allure of the Seas OV Cabins front of the ship overlooking the bow

molly361

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

No balcony.. I don't believe you.

I actually don't use the balcony much I just like the vista with the sliding glass doors.  I sat out there once this past week for about an hour.  Just thinking of Christmas 2023 in an OV to save $$ but I probably won't do it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, little britain said:

Had them twice in Wonder. Loved them. A lot of space. Especially when the bed is by the bathroom 

First pic: my friend and I had next door cabins so you can see the difference 

5E430702-7AB9-4A10-96D9-4828C79A6A77.jpeg

EBBC0C6A-3BFE-468F-99C4-72909D79C4BC.jpeg

B3281E75-6FF6-44C0-A79B-7EC9D7ABD11C.jpeg

Thanks Do you remember the cabin number for the one with the bed by the bathroom?

We've stayed in this type of cabin on Oasis and Harmony and enjoyed them. In our case, both times, they were the result on OV GTY but we would definitely book one again in preference to an OV on deck 3.

We thought the layout made them feel more spacious than your normal OV. If you can get one on a higher floor you'll get a better view. On deck seven, where ours were, you're very close to the helipad.

You need to keep the curtains closed at night so the light doesn't bother the "drivers" up in the bridge. And you also need to be mindful of the slope at the window if you're tall, so you don't bang your head.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Thanks Do you remember the cabin number for the one with the bed by the bathroom?

It was 9108.

2nd cruise I had 11106 which was the “wrong” layout. I kept hitting my head! 
And the motorised blinds roll up ( not down) when you close them which is quirky! 

Edited by little britain
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

We've stayed in this type of cabin on Oasis and Harmony and enjoyed them. In our case, both times, they were the result on OV GTY but we would definitely book one again in preference to an OV on deck 3.

We thought the layout made them feel more spacious than your normal OV. If you can get one on a higher floor you'll get a better view. On deck seven, where ours were, you're very close to the helipad.

You need to keep the curtains closed at night so the light doesn't bother the "drivers" up in the bridge. And you also need to be mindful of the slope at the window if you're tall, so you don't bang your head.

Thanks. Didn't think about the lower deck thing. Do you think deck 8 would be okay?  Will have to see if that category is in my TA's group space for next Christmas

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Thanks. Didn't think about the lower deck thing. Do you think deck 8 would be okay?  Will have to see if that category is in my TA's group space for next Christmas

Deck 8 would be better, if you can get it.

This is view out of our deck 7 room on Oasis.

IMGP2990.thumb.JPG.f2c07f9554a79b8bd513d7c528a2c3a0.JPG

And this is DH out on the helipad for the top tier event, sitting beside our window. We also saw a yoga class taking place out there one day.

IMGP2994.thumb.JPG.a2e13b912dd181e848284079e4030e89.JPG

As you can see, the deck 8 ones are definitely better, not only for the view but also for the simple fact of not being on the same level as the helipad.

However, I would not hesitate to book one of these on deck 7 if I couldn't get a higher deck. I found these rooms to be much brighter than the normal OV ones because you do get more light coming in (or at least I felt that to be the case).

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My friend booked one of these for allure 12/11 and when he arrived at the port was told a performer wanted his cabin, he was moved to a central park balcony. He went and complained and got a obc for 25% of what he had paid. Sounded more than fair to me. 

Nice

On 12/25/2022 at 12:24 PM, molly361 said:

Anyone ever stay in one of those?  Good bad??  I don't recall ever reading about them  Thanks

We get connecting staterooms on these class ships overlooking the front . Love them! So do the kids