Prices!

jeanlyon

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

Is a discount available on back to back cruises? I am thinking of replacing my 14 night xmas/new year cruise next year as I really don't wan to fly plus I will have over £3000 to spend, those Marella cruise can be expensive!. I am looking at Iona G338 and G339. Twenty one days for £2202 inside. An alternative is G338 for 14 nights and G403 for 7 nights in February. However G403 comes in at £899 and I just booked the same cruise for this February and the price was £502

There is a 10% discount on back to back cruises over 5 days, I would check P&O small print to see what is excluded or just give them a call.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

You've met my wife then !

Skating on thin ice there Wowzz - or as we say up here “on a shoogly peg”!

Regarding  the balcony discussion - nearly always had one prior to going solo.  Don’t really feel I can justify it now - drinking alone on a balcony doesn’t really cut it for me.

41 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Is a discount available on back to back cruises? I am thinking of replacing my 14 night xmas/new year cruise next year as I really don't wan to fly plus I will have over £3000 to spend, those Marella cruise can be expensive!. I am looking at Iona G338 and G339. Twenty one days for £2202 inside. An alternative is G338 for 14 nights and G403 for 7 nights in February. However G403 comes in at £899 and I just booked the same cruise for this February and the price was £502

You certainly got a 10% discount off both cruises in August, even for fly cruises, so hopefully the same now, but it was not always the case and P&O staff were not all aware that had changed.

We added 7 night cruises to two pre booked cruises in August, one booked through a very well used agent for people on these boards and the other which had been booked direct (of course we needed to go to the same agent for each set of b2b cruises as we had initially used).  The one booked and adjusted to b2b via the agent was completely straight forward with correct pricing applied. 

The one booked direct with P&O was a big problem as they overcharged us by not applying the correct prices - DH had to send them a link to their own website which clarified the discount should have been applied to each of the two cruises for the altered booking before they would even agree we were entitled to it!  Even a supervisor was not aware of the change to allow any fly cruises over 7 nights to qualify for the discount, though that had changed a good while previously.  Then it took a bit of an effort to get the refund for our overcharge cost. Their preferred way to refund was with an FCC, but we were having none of it since it was their fault!  It was sorted in the end, but took a bit of persistance 

The moral being, use an agent who does a lot of P&O bookings and make completely sure the costing is correct before you pay anything, though if you are only having to pay a deposit as yet, you should not need a refund to correct any mistake.  The agent also gave us an extra discount off the cruise, as usual.

Enjoy your cruises,

Barbara

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, davecttr said:

Just to clarify, I  pretty certain the b2b discount is not combinable with saver fares, so you would have to book on select fares.

• Thanks 1