Luggage Tags for Each Pax

Tina99

I just received final eDocs, including luggage tags, for Symphony cruise in January.  Whenever I've received luggage tags, most recently in July this year, I've always received my own tag, and whomever I cruising with (same cabin) received their own.  If I'm not mistaken, the tags indicate your C&A level.  The docs for this cruise only had one luggage tag (to print however many you want) and it indicates Gold.  I'm a Diamond.  Just wondering if this is a new thing, since all luggage is going to the same cabin anyway ~ or should I call RC? TIA

Just now, Tina99 said:

I just received final eDocs, including luggage tags, for Symphony cruise in January.  Whenever I've received luggage tags, most recently in July this year, I've always received my own tag, and whomever I cruising with (same cabin) received their own.  If I'm not mistaken, the tags indicate your C&A level.  The docs for this cruise only had one luggage tag (to print however many you want) and it indicates Gold.  I'm a Diamond.  Just wondering if this is a new thing, since all luggage is going to the same cabin anyway ~ or should I call RC? TIA

The luggage tags always default to the lowest level for some reason.  It will not a problem as far as luggage delivery.  

Your Set Sail pass and room key will have the correct level on it..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're D+ and could care less what our luggage tags say. We get them from the luggage handlers at the terminal...write our cabin # on them and have never had a problem getting our luggage. No need to stress over this at all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

We're D+ and could care less what our luggage tags say. We get them from the luggage handlers at the terminal...write our cabin # on them and have never had a problem getting our luggage. No need to stress over this at all.

We are also D+ and I would never want to arrive to the terminal without luggage tags.  I don’t want to bother anyone for help other than to take our bags and get going.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tina99 said:

None of it matters. You only need your stateroom number. Your C&A status does not affect the handling of up or bags. Our tags live from the morning we leave the hotel to the time we get them in the stateroom. Then they are trash. 

3 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We are also D+ and I would never want to arrive to the terminal without luggage tags.  I don’t want to bother anyone for help other than to take our bags and get going.

"Bother" anyone ?! They just hand us the tags we write our cabin # on them...attach them and hand over our luggage...along with a few $'s tip. No handler has ever given us the impression that it was a bother.

Can we still CARRY ALL OF OUR LUGGAGE (All bags) not just carry-ons onto the ship as we check in as we have done in the past.  (meaning, by pass the porters completely).  We have always done this as we do not arrive at the ship until 2 pm when the cabins are already available.  Hope we still can.   I know we have to physically put the bags (heavy sometimes) onto the security scanner, but RCCL used to allow this. I hope they still do.  . That way you do not have to wait for luggage delivery and can unpack right away..  Is this still the case.

10 minutes ago, pink845 said:

Can we still CARRY ALL OF OUR LUGGAGE (All bags) not just carry-ons onto the ship as we check in as we have done in the past.  (meaning, by pass the porters completely).  We have always done this as we do not arrive at the ship until 2 pm when the cabins are already available.  Hope we still can.   I know we have to physically put the bags (heavy sometimes) onto the security scanner, but RCCL used to allow this. I hope they still do.  . That way you do not have to wait for luggage delivery and can unpack right away..  Is this still the case.

As long as your luggage fit's through the scanner it shouldn't be a problem.

On 12/29/2022 at 3:16 PM, Tina99 said:

Take a photo of your D+ pin and staple to luggage tag. 🧳 😃 

To echo others....C&A level printed on your luggage tags means zip..nada...nothing.  I don't even notice if that is printed on my tag at all...and don't care.  So don't worry about it and just enjoy your cruise.  Your luggage will still get to you in your cabin with or without the status level printed.  🙂 

It's your sea pass card that you want to see that on.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

To echo others....C&A level printed on your luggage tags means zip..nada...nothing.  I don't even notice if that is printed on my tag at all...and don't care.  

It's your sea pass card that you want to see that on.  

Didn’t like my idea? 😃 😊 

On 12/29/2022 at 3:16 PM, Tina99 said:

I want) and it indicates Gold.  I'm a Diamond.  Just wondering if this is a new thing, since all luggage is going to the same cabin anyway ~ or should I call RC? TIA

You need to call and get the tags changed.

Because one of the goals of being a Diamond.

Is to make sure everyone else knows you are a Diamond.

Even the random people who you never see transporting your luggage.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Take a photo of your D+ pin and staple to luggage tag. 🧳 😃 

Or buy luggage that the color of it/them corresponds with you C&A status.  I personally try to wear clothing that corresponds!  

Just harmless sarcastic humor.  

35 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Or buy luggage that the color of it/them corresponds with you C&A status.  I personally try to wear clothing that corresponds!  

Just harmless sarcastic humor.  

Hmmmm....what color is diamond/diamond plus?   😄 😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hmmmm....what color is diamond/diamond plus?   😄 😄 

I can't wait to get to Diamond Plus, I look good in purple.:classic_blink:  I think that is the color, I'm kinda color blind.

diamomd plus.jpg

diamond.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I can't wait to get to Diamond Plus, I look good in purple.:classic_blink:  I think that is the color, I'm kinda color blind.

diamomd plus.jpg

diamond.jpg

LOL...that's true.   I forgot the "flags" of C&A were of a color.   I was thinking clear like a Diamond...so dress code would be Saran Wrap?  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, molsonschooner said:

it took less than 1 minute for the porter to write 3 tags for us. 

This isn't meant to debate anything with you and I really don't care if people put their pre-printed tags on their luggage or not.  It's not my issue as I do utilize the pre-printed tags.   But, think of the porter that is trying to make a living making tips as quickly as possible.   Only 1 minute, for you.  How about if 15 or 20 or more others feel the same way.  That's 15 or 20 minutes out of a very short day and week and possibly 5 or 10 passengers that they weren't able to take care of and make the tips.  

Just, as I always say, is "fruit for thought".

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

This isn't meant to debate anything with you and I really don't care if people put their pre-printed tags on their luggage or not.  It's not my issue as I do utilize the pre-printed tags.   But, think of the porter that is trying to make a living making tips as quickly as possible.   Only 1 minute, for you.  How about if 15 or 20 or more others feel the same way.  That's 15 or 20 minutes out of a very short day and week and possibly 5 or 10 passengers that they weren't able to take care of and make the tips.  

Just, as I always say, is "fruit for thought".

Well said my friend...well said.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...that's true.   I forgot the "flags" of C&A were of a color.   I was thinking clear like a Diamond...so dress code would be Saran Wrap?  😉 

You wouldn't want to see me wrapped in Saran, only.  It ain't purdy, I promise.  :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1