CruiseNext Triple Up Offer

laudergayle

From NCL.com CruiseNext terms page.

CRUISENEXT TripleUp! OFFER
Booking Window: December 29, 2022 – January 5, 2023 11:59pm EST
Offer Details: Book a Balcony or above stateroom on any sailing booked at least 6 months in advance and apply THREE CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite deposits

Offer valid for sailings beginning in 2023 and forward:
Guests must book at least 6-months prior to sailing for any sailing in 2023 and forward

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We booked a November 2023 PoA cruise yesterday, and my PCC mentioned (and applied) this when he called to finalize the booking.  Deposit ended up being $560 CAD for a suite, so DH is pretty happy, and it means we’ve only got two CN certs left to use by the end of 2024.

• Like 1

Is this offer for anyone, or just certain levels in the Latitude program? I am Bronze and just booked a cruise yesterday. Balcony. January 2025 14-day. Would I be able to purchase 3 NC and apply to the price? We're Diamond on RCCL and Platinum on Carnival, so thought it was time to get back on NCL. 

33 minutes ago, robtx100 said:

Disregard my previous post. I got cruisefirst and cruisenext mixed up. I'm guessing cruisenext are purchased onboard while sailing and cruisefirst can be purchased online. ??

That is correct.  Similar concept and end result.  But one is purchased on the ship and one is not.  Usage terms and $$ value amounts can vary too.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

On 12/30/2022 at 5:49 AM, Sand and Seas said:

I just went on my ncl app and tried applying  a 3rd CN to my recently  booked cruise.  So far it appears to have worked. 

I'm not going  to worry  about it if the system  kicks it out as we are about to leave on a different  cruise;)

Good to know. I will give that a try. 

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Good to know. I will give that a try. 

It worked for us yesterday.  We had two cruises previously booked (July '23 and March '24) with two CN's already applied to each.  Plunked another CN onto each and got confirmation emails within the hour. 

1 hour ago, robtx100 said:

Disregard my previous post. I got cruisefirst and cruisenext mixed up. I'm guessing cruisenext are purchased onboard while sailing and cruisefirst can be purchased online. ??

Yes you can purchase CF at NCL.com.  It’s usually $300 cert for $150. Right now it’s $500 cert for $250.  Once it shows on your account you can apply to your 2025 cruise.  This bonus CF offer doesn’t last long…so if interested, don’t hesitate.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Yes you can purchase CF at NCL.com.  It’s usually $300 cert for $150. Right now it’s $500 cert for $250.  Once it shows on your account you can apply to your 2025 cruise.  This bonus CF offer doesn’t last long…so if interested, don’t hesitate.

and you can apply 3 of these to a single cruise? 

Someone on these boards from 2021 was told the OBC was 'non refundable' meaning they couldn't use the half off toward the purchase of the certs. Meaning- when they earned the 250 they had to spend it onboard- they could just get the cert half off. Anyone have any info on this? It's not worth it for us if we have to spend money on stupid stuff onboard for 'fake savings'. 

This TRIPLE UP offer for balcony & higher cabins at least 6 months out is set to expire next week, Jan. 5th. (unless it's extended).  You can apply it yourself after logging into your NCL account's Reservation(s) - OR, you can call NCL and speak to an agent for live help, and they can do it for you.  However, beware that NOT all agents are familiar with this promotion.  

This happened to 2 of our Latitudes Sapphire friends with an Escape booked next August out of Florida - they hang up and called again, next agent was helpful & knew, had it done quickly & pushed an email confirmation ... always re-verify that amenities aren't changed or lost, etc. afterward.  

Certain sailings also qualified for triple status points, like that of our friends ... had they booked one of them (non-Haven) as an extra bonus closer to Diamonds tier.  They had not been on NCL in a while and only realized that they still have 2 CN deposits, un-expired and extended for a year, to apply against the booking on top of certain Amex promo offers.  

1 hour ago, asmit4 said:

Someone on these boards from 2021 was told the OBC was 'non refundable' meaning they couldn't use the half off toward the purchase of the certs. Meaning- when they earned the 250 they had to spend it onboard- they could just get the cert half off. Anyone have any info on this? It's not worth it for us if we have to spend money on stupid stuff onboard for 'fake savings'. 

Yeah, many of the NCL folks try to tell you that. However, it’s well-documented that if you don’t spend it onboard you are only charged $250 for two CN certs.  The cruise next OBC they give you comes off the original charge if you don’t use any of it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Yeah, many of the NCL folks try to tell you that. However, it’s well-documented that if you don’t spend it onboard you are only charged $250 for two CN certs.  The cruise next OBC they give you comes off the original charge if you don’t use any of it.

Yep.  It's clearly stated in the T&C's.

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

This TRIPLE UP offer for balcony & higher cabins at least 6 months out is set to expire next week, Jan. 5th. (unless it's extended).  You can apply it yourself after logging into your NCL account's Reservation(s) - OR, you can call NCL and speak to an agent for live help, and they can do it for you.  However, beware that NOT all agents are familiar with this promotion.  

This happened to 2 of our Latitudes Sapphire friends with an Escape booked next August out of Florida - they hang up and called again, next agent was helpful & knew, had it done quickly & pushed an email confirmation ... always re-verify that amenities aren't changed or lost, etc. afterward.  

Certain sailings also qualified for triple status points, like that of our friends ... had they booked one of them (non-Haven) as an extra bonus closer to Diamonds tier.  They had not been on NCL in a while and only realized that they still have 2 CN deposits, un-expired and extended for a year, to apply against the booking on top of certain Amex promo offers.  

Unfortunately the cruise I want is January 2024 😞  the price difference between Dec 2023 and Jan 2024 wasn't worth extra points sadly. 

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yep.  It's clearly stated in the T&C's.

I finally found it -  Only refundable Onboard Credits and the Non-Refundable Onboard Credit given for purchasing CruiseNext deposits may be used towards your CruiseNext purchase.

I don't get why people say otherwise. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ryzon said:

Unfortunately the cruise I want is January 2024 😞  the price difference between Dec 2023 and Jan 2024 wasn't worth extra points sadly. 

Well you’re not losing anything!  As of today, I don’t believe any 2024 cruises have the 2+1 latitude reward points.  But, tomorrow brings a new day…and a New Year!! Who knows what NCL will offer up.  Cheers to happy sailing in 2023.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Another question--can you use the 3 $500 certs on one cruise? So essentially getting 750 'free'? OR does this only work on Havens and you can only use 3 $250 certs on one cruise? 

9 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Well you’re not losing anything!  As of today, I don’t believe any 2024 cruises have the 2+1 latitude reward points.  But, tomorrow brings a new day…and a New Year!! Who knows what NCL will offer up.  Cheers to happy sailing in 2023.

I only booked recently so I would just cancel and re-book later this week if it's better. Though I booked through a PCC getting no additional benefits so I may do that anyway for OBC through a TA. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, asmit4 said:

Another question--can you use the 3 $500 certs on one cruise? So essentially getting 750 'free'? OR does this only work on Havens and you can only use 3 $250 certs on one cruise? 

If you are using Cruise Next certificates…and you have some that you have already purchased but not used…here are your conditions:

1) your cruise must be more than 180 days out from the day you apply the CN certs

2) balcony and above

3) you must apply them by Jan 5, 2023 (assuming by US EST)

4) you haven’t already applied a CruiseFirst or CruiseNext certificate/s (but if you have, you may be able to add more for a total up to 3)

if you apply 3 cruise next certificates you get $1500 credit for a cost of $750 USD.

I hope this explains the terms of this offer.

To other posters…if I have not explained correctly…please weigh in…TXS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

If you are using Cruise Next certificates…and you have some that you have already purchased but not used…here are your conditions:

1) your cruise must be more than 180 days out from the day you apply the CN certs

2) balcony and above

3) you must apply them by Jan 5, 2023 (assuming by US EST)

4) you haven’t already applied a CruiseFirst or CruiseNext certificate/s (but if you have, you may be able to add more for a total up to 3)

if you apply 3 cruise next certificates you get $1500 credit for a cost of $750 USD.

I hope this explains the terms of this offer.

To other posters…if I have not explained correctly…please weigh in…TXS.

You can’t apply any certificates to already booked 2023 cruises that occur after Jun 6, can you?  If there are no certificates currently on the booking?  I didn’t quite understand all the T&C details about the certificates so I didn’t buy any when I booked the cruise.

If I cancel and rebook my room, the DSC will be higher than it is today. But it still may be several hundred dollars savings to use certificates.  The savings would pay for FAS+.