Does the classic drink package include everything in the Zero Proof Package? (New to Celebrity)

binro01

15 hours ago, prmssk said:

Thanks for the link.  I agree with your read of that blog post (which is on the official Celebrity website).  

However, when I log in to my cruise planner for my May cruise, in the description of the Classic Alcohol package, I see the following about the non-alcohol beverages included in the classic package (which is different than what @poffles posted above):

• Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen

(The language about zero proof drinks is identical for both the premium and classic packages in my cruise planner.)

The comparison of the two drink packages on the website is completely missing any reference to non-alcohol drinks for either package, except a small reference that smoothies are not included on the classic package.

That really is clear as mud. 

Okay I just looked at mine again today and now mine has changed again to match what you are seeing, zero proof included section under the classic AND premium are the same for both my booked sailings in 2023 (Apr/Nov)  ??  I  actually use this difference as benefit of upgrading and now it would seem the only thing that would change is the alcohol type and the price limits.

Very interesting if this is right and not just an IT website oversight (that keeps changing).  Very odd though that it 'seemed like' it might be right last week but now it definitely shows the zero  drinks are the same no matter the alcohol package you get .... what a mess of confusion that could be avoided.  Change management 101.

Edited by poffles

I don't understand why bartenders are confused on current sailings?   I didn't think the changes went in affect onboard until the first sailing in the new year.   We board Equinox on Monday and yes I expect that to be a &*it show.    Since the restart onboard staff hasn't been well trained in any policy let alone ones that change week to week.

15 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Ok, I’m very confused now, I have the Classic alcohol package but what I’m reading is that it no longer includes coffee, teas, water, pop(soda). To have those included I have to upgrade to the Premium Package? We sail in Feb..

I say this 'some' confidence that the Classic will include coffee, tea, water, soda  What seems to be in question now is whether that non alcohol drinks include Evian, Pelligrino, Red Bull type drinks that were only ever included with the Premium but seem to now all be included for both alcohol packages.

You will not have to upgrade.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, private92656 said:

Hi, I'm also new to Celebrity. Cruising in Feb. Do you just pay the difference if you have classic package and order something (wine or cocktail) that's over $10? Thanks!

Yes that's how it's been for years now but, if you've been following along, who knows what tomorrow will bring 😉

On 12/30/2022 at 10:27 AM, LB_NJ said:

FYI, this is from the Classic Package in Cruise Planner.

What's Included

• Vodkas: Absolut and flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff, Tito’s
  • Whiskeys: Dewar’s White Label, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker Red, Monkey Shoulder, Seagram’s VO
  • Rums: Bacardi, Captain Morgan’s, Kraken Black Spiced, Malibu, Myer’s, Wray & Nephew
  • Tequilas: Don Julio Blanco, Teremana Blanco
  • Beers: Alaska Brewing beers on Alaska sailings. Coors Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Heineken, Kirin, Kirin Light, Miller Lite, Moretti, Newcastle Brown Ale, Strongbow hard ciders, Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra
  • Gins: Beefeater, Gordon’s, Praire Gin
  • Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen
  • Liqueurs and Cognacs: Campari, Galliano, Hennessy VS, Kahlua, Licor 43, Ouzo, Romana Sambuca, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria
  • A large selection of wines from various regions around the world, including California, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile and Australia

Important details and advisements

Celebrity's website from Dec 20th. They have now added Zero Proof items.

Vodkas: Tito’s, Absolut and flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff 

Whiskeys: Dewar’s White Label, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker Red, Monkey Shoulder, Seagram’s VO

Gins: Beefeater, Gordon’s, Praire Gin

Rums: Bacardi and flavors, Captain Morgan’s, Kraken Black Spiced, Malibu, Myer’s, Wray & Nephew

Tequilas: Don Julio Blanco, Teremana Blanco

Beers: Budweiser, Bud Light, Coors Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Heineken, Kirin, Kirin Light, Miller Lite, Michelob Ultra, Moretti, Newcastle Brown Ale, Strongbow Cider

Cocktails: A large selection of classic cocktails made with Classic Beverage Package spirits

Liqueurs and Cognacs: Campari, Galliano, Hennessy VS, Kahlua, Licor 43, Ouzo, Sambuca Romana, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria

A large selection of wines from various regions around the world, including California, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile, and Australia.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

After reading varying descriptions  to determine whether the Classic package includes specialty coffee& tea, juice, soda and water I looked at the FAQs.

The description of Classic does not mention those and the description of the Premium Package says “all Classic Drink Package items PLUS  specialty coffees, Craft and artisan beers, spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, Coca Cola products, premium bottled water…….”

Which to me means no soda, specialty coffee, teas or bottled water on the Classic package.  Here is the link to FAQs

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/beverage-packages

Edited by jelayne
Typo

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

After reading varying descriptions  to determine whether the Classic package includes specialty coffee& tea, juice, soda and water I looked at the FAQs.

The description of Classic does not mention those and the description of the Premium Package says “all Classic Drink Package items PLUS  specialty coffees, Craft and artisan beers, spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, Coca Cola products, premium bottled water…….”

Which to me means no soda, specialty coffee, teas or bottled water on the Classic package.  Here is the link to FAQs

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/beverage-packages

Wow - This is really disappointing!  We justified the classic package because of all of the non-alcohol inclusions.  If I have to pay for water, specialty coffee and soda, it's simply not worth it.

33 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

Wow - This is really disappointing!  We justified the classic package because of all of the non-alcohol inclusions.  If I have to pay for water, specialty coffee and soda, it's simply not worth it.

Was AI that much more for your cruise?

This is from Celebrity's web site regarding All Included:

"Choose from an incredible array of beers, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs, frozen drinks, wines by the glass, sodas, juices, specialty coffees and bottled water from our Classic Drinks Package."

IN GENETRAL YOU CAN NOT TRUST CELEBRITY THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

I don't know - I'm not sure that non-AI was available when we booked.

If you are before final payment you might want to look into AI if you want an alcohol package.

On some cruises it is less than $80 pp/pd and includes gratuities (i.e., the $17.50 pp/pd plus the gratuities on the covered drinks), basic WiFi, and drinks (I think there is a $9 or $10 limit on drinks) and no fancy water or smoothies. 

5 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

If you are before final payment you might want to look into AI if you want an alcohol package.

On some cruises it is less than $80 pp/pd and includes gratuities (i.e., the $17.50 pp/pd plus the gratuities on the covered drinks), basic WiFi, and drinks (I think there is a $9 or $10 limit on drinks) and no fancy water or smoothies. 

Thanks for the advice, but you misunderstood.  We have AI and we want it - I'm just disappointed that we may not get everything (water, specialty coffee, and soda) that we thought we were getting.

8 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

Thanks for the advice, but you misunderstood.  We have AI and we want it - I'm just disappointed that we may not get everything (water, specialty coffee, and soda) that we thought we were getting.

I would hope that if you booked when AI included water, coffee, soda they would honor that, but that would be logistical nightmare.  They would need some special coding for the Classic pkg pre  change and the new packages.

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I would hope that if you booked when AI included water, coffee, soda they would honor that, but that would be logistical nightmare.  They would need some special coding for the Classic pkg pre  change and the new packages.

I doubt they would do that - I'm sure there's something in the cruise contract that says they can change anything they want anytime they want.

I find this all so sad, this thread along with all the the others related to the confusion around the drink package changes.  Sad because Celebrity is 100% the source/cause of this.

I still have a hard time being convinced that the Classic package would not continue to include sodas, premium coffees etc. Rhetorical question but why would anyone pay 89.00 a day for that ... OMG NEVER.  If I was ever on the fence about 'cruise only' vs AI, this would put that to rest as I would never pay that if the package dropped the non alcohol items that have been included in the Classic to date.

At this moment, the only place that this still seems to be confusing/different with regards to the Classic and what it includes is in the FAQ ... oversite??  There was a moment in time (last week during all the changes) when the non-alcohol drinks were suddenly not mentioned under the Classic package when you selected it for purchase but it's there now, that said it's the same as the Premium verbiage now... oh my ... come on Celebrity.  If there isn't the proper staff to do all the proper changes to all reflect properly then perhaps wait until after the holidays to muck it up.

If they were going to distinguish a package that is 'included' as part of an AI booking vs a Cruise Only booking and someone paying for the Classic Package separately, one would expect they would name them differently  ... UNLESS that is what is going to happen.  Maybe starting January 1 an All In booking will include a different dummied down package??  Still seems a stretch.

Edited by poffles

2 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

100% agree!  Let's hope this is all just unnecessary concern for you.

29 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The web site still says AI includes water, coffee, soda.

2 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

The web site still says AI includes water, coffee, soda.

Exactly the reason I believe the FAQ is suspect and misleading.  The non-alcohol section of the Classic package verbiage (when you select for purchase within a booking) is also suspect; I don't believe they intend it to be the same as what is included in the Premium package.

I say give it a week or so and it will all be fixed or hopefully at least say the same thing everywhere 🙂

Here is another place that is inconsistent with the other 2.   It would indicate that neither the Classic or Premium packages include Soda, Coffee, Teas etc.   That those are only included in the Zero Proof package.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages