Does the classic drink package include everything in the Zero Proof Package? (New to Celebrity)

binro01

So here is my take. I don't believe that Celebrity will remove a perk from the classic drink package of the non-premium bottled water, sodas, and specialty coffee and teas.

So I believe any concern about that no longer included might be misguided and probably an oversite with the content creators of their site in some locations.

Now the situation with the cruise planner showing all the zero-proof offerings now included with the classic drink package, that would be a boon if you ask me. But probably justified with the increase in pricing if one looks at the a la carte pricing outside of the AI promo.

I think Celebrity just needs to do better with their communication here. Too many people have really no clue what they are purchasing, which is a bad thing.

I'm going with the assumption that the plan did not change, and hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised if I get more options on the zero-proof side of the fence.

• Like 2

binro01, I believe you are correct.   There is absolutely no way that Celebrity is going to subtract something from the Classic Alcohol package, especially for those that have already purchased this package.  At a minimum the package will include what was previously included.  
I even think there is a strong possibility that it might include the complete new Zero proof package.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, binro01 said:

I'm going with the assumption that the plan did not change, and hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised if I get more options on the zero-proof side of the fence.

I will be optimistic and make the same assumption.  Maybe cruisers sailing over the next couple of weeks can clarify.

On 12/30/2022 at 12:48 PM, binro01 said:

We are about to book our first Celebrity cruise, and we were wondering if the Classic drink package includes everything in the Zero Proof Package, except for smoothies as per the Celerity web site.

The compare package page is kind of useless. We were thinking about booking one last year, and it specifically made a difference between the Classic and Premium when it came to bottled water, energy drinks, and fresh OJ. Are they still excluded from the Classic package? 

Does anyone have examples of current drink cost? Coffee at the cafe, Beers, or mixed drinks?

We have not sailed Celebrity for 7 years.

54 minutes ago, Medic5emt said:

Does anyone have examples of current drink cost? Coffee at the cafe, Beers, or mixed drinks?

Cappuccino - $5

Singapore Sling - $10

Classic Martini - $13

Blandy's 15 year Malmsey $21

Beer - $10

above does not include gratuities

2 hours ago, Medic5emt said:

IMG_7674.thumb.PNG.aaa1ee86bcff77329c89f62658e02976.PNGIMG_7675.thumb.PNG.c7bdb90443a4f15542b1b91c5a59feda.PNGIMG_7676.thumb.PNG.cb3e232f0f4a0464b5358b04c223280d.PNGIMG_7679.thumb.PNG.dfd8baf25a50e73e9181afde47699ee5.PNGIMG_7680.thumb.PNG.2852f11f85266f627a479e09570b0b74.PNGHere is what the app has Cafe al Bacio for Millennium April 21st sailing 

IMG_7677.PNG

IMG_7678.PNG

2 hours ago, Medic5emt said:

From the Celebrity App for Millinneum April 21 Sailing for the Sunset Bar 

IMG_7669.thumb.PNG.2c64355ab70f2de966ee3f76ce7a52e7.PNGIMG_7670.thumb.PNG.eaa844e099dd0ccce985dae5120a5720.PNGIMG_7671.thumb.PNG.dd85847292f88c4768dedd635f833cff.PNGIMG_7672.thumb.PNG.3b0f5d50ab0dae59cdfbc78e79e84592.PNGIMG_7668.thumb.PNG.22def07ebc1150e73f5f483f71878787.PNG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm going to quickly resurrect this thread to see if we have any definitive answers to the original question.

So I ask again, Does the classic drink package include all the options in the Zero Proof package or is it required to upgrade to the premium package? Any recent cruisers can help clarify this for me?

1 hour ago, binro01 said:

I'm going to quickly resurrect this thread to see if we have any definitive answers to the original question.

So I ask again, Does the classic drink package include all the options in the Zero Proof package or is it required to upgrade to the premium package? Any recent cruisers can help clarify this for me?

It’s very clear now what is/ is not included.
The classic package does not include all options in the Zero proof package. You would need to upgrade.

Scroll to the bottom. 
https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

In the picture attached, classic inclusions are on the left, premium on the right. 

Also adding, looks like (from what Celebrity have listed in the drink package comparison) if you want a virgin cocktail - zero proof drink from the bar- it is not included anymore  in the classic package. That’s disappointing . I hope it’s a typo. 

02B4B13E-E057-4292-A9E7-65C91F40909A.jpeg

Edited by son3cruisers
  • Thanks 1

I also talked to a Celebrity Booking agent today, and she confirmed that the package included everything in the Zero Proof. Again, who knows if this is true, thus why I was hoping to find someone who cruised recently to confirm.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, binro01 said:

I also talked to a Celebrity Booking agent today, and she confirmed that the package included everything in the Zero Proof. Again, who knows if this is true, thus why I was hoping to find someone who cruised recently to confirm.

Not sure if it is recent enough for you, but in January on Eclipse the premium water was definitely not included in the Classic package.

Similarly the package details in the following link also make it clear that Zero Proof is not included in the Classic package...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

• Like 1

23 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

It’s very clear now what is/ is not included.
The classic package does not include all options in the Zero proof package. You would need to upgrade.

Scroll to the bottom. 

In the picture attached, classic inclusions are on the left, premium on the right. 

Also adding, looks like (from what Celebrity have listed in the drink package comparison) if you want a virgin cocktail - zero proof drink from the bar- it is not included anymore  in the classic package. That’s disappointing . I hope it’s a typo. 

02B4B13E-E057-4292-A9E7-65C91F40909A.jpeg

This non-alcoholic section at the bottom of the compare packages page was added within the past couple of weeks.  I think it's now clear that the classic package does not include all zero-proof beverages.

Still there's an error in the cruise planner that needs to get fixed so there's not any further confusion.