New to Celebrity - B2B2B - Changing Cabins

deus

Just wondering what time we can get into the next cabin and how the process works and approximately how long it takes to change rooms.  I know we would need to pack all our drawer items but would we also need to pack hanging items?  Who moves us.

On another line our cabin attendant took our hanging items and we brought our luggage with our stuff to the next room - we were moved before 9am.  It was very quick.

Thanks for the help!

It all depends on when the new cabin has been cleaned by the cabin steward.  It could be awhile if you are moving to a different area.  Once we had a car waiting and new steward was behind, so I took our bags up and set them in the hallway outside the cabin, to remind him…. The times I have done B2B on Celebrity, I felt they didn’t ‘get it…’.  EM

We are going to have two cabins that are almost next to one another, so am hoping that expedites the situation with the same attendant. We can actually move ourselves and do it quickly, so will ask if our new cabin can be cleaned first.  However, this may not excellerate things at all, but it is worth a try.  We have been told to be out by 8:15, yet could not get into the next cabin until 9:30, even though we were told 9:00.  Just know that you will get there, so do not wait around to do it all at one time.  Do what you can do and enjoy the ship!

Edited by Lastdance

We rarely do single cruises, but generally at least B2B with more commonly more legs.  We have never had any issues and do not feel that Celebrity doesn't "get it."   Our OP will not be the first person to ever change cabins and will not be the only one on the cruise to do so.

There will most likely be a B2B meeting which will outline the process and answer questions.  A succinct instruction letter will be delivered outlining the process.  

Items in drawers and the safe contents will be need to be packed by the OP.  The stateroom attendants have trolleys like those which hotel bellmen use to deliver luggage to hotel rooms; that trolley will be used to move clothing on hangers.  The stateroom attendants from the first leg with coordinate with the stateroom attendant for the second leg to coordinate the move.  A "transit" pass will be included in the information packet which contains the instruction letter so that if folks want to leave the ship on turnaround day they can bypass lines in the cruise terminal.  Also B2B passengers are invited to the Concierge Class embarkation day sit-down lunch in the MDR.

And don't forget to get your B2B discount.  There is a small discount for B2B legs which is determined by the length of the legs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

And don't forget to get your B2B discount.  There is a small discount for B2B legs which is determined by the length of the legs.

We just booked a cruise that will now be our first b2b.  What discount???

2 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

We just booked a cruise that will now be our first b2b.  What discount???

The B2B discount (not additional OBC) is not a great amount of money.  Really short cruises don't qualify.  Check your invoice.  If it has been applied you will see something like  "B2BSAV" with the dollar amount.  If you booked directly with Celebrity then contact them.  If you booked with a travel agent then contact the agent.  Sometimes the B2B discounts are not automatically applied until you ask.

I have a B2B2B2B series in March.  The first is a five night and we have a $50 discount.  The second and third legs are eleven nights and we have a $100 discount for each leg.  

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 6:30 PM, Northern Aurora said:

The B2B discount (not additional OBC) is not a great amount of money.  Really short cruises don't qualify.  Check your invoice.  If it has been applied you will see something like  "B2BSAV" with the dollar amount.  If you booked directly with Celebrity then contact them.  If you booked with a travel agent then contact the agent.  Sometimes the B2B discounts are not automatically applied until you ask.

I have a B2B2B2B series in March.  The first is a five night and we have a $50 discount.  The second and third legs are eleven nights and we have a $100 discount for each leg.  

Our first is a 11 night , then a 6 night. We initially booked with celebrity- I’ll call and ask. Thank

you! 

On 1/1/2023 at 12:02 PM, deus said:

Just wondering what time we can get into the next cabin and how the process works and approximately how long it takes to change rooms.  I know we would need to pack all our drawer items but would we also need to pack hanging items?  Who moves us.

On another line our cabin attendant took our hanging items and we brought our luggage with our stuff to the next room - we were moved before 9am.  It was very quick.

Thanks for the help!

On Celebrity our room attendant moved everything (stuff on hangers can stay; pack everything else). But we could not get into our room until everyone else could.

Now, on E-class, passengers are allowed to drop their hand luggage in their room immediately upon boarding & room keys were at the room. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KKB said:

On Celebrity our room attendant moved everything (stuff on hangers can stay; pack everything else). But we could not get into our room until everyone else could.

Now, on E-class, passengers are allowed to drop their hand luggage in their room immediately upon boarding & room keys were at the room. 

This is one of the things I meant when I said they don’t ‘get it’.  You get moved, but you can’t stay in your room and unpack.  Basically, the advantage of getting things done early is gone.  Even when not changing rooms, they didn’t want to give you access back to your room until all rooms were ready.  On Millie, I was able to get back to my cabin by going through the library.  This was quite a few years ago.   EM

• Like 1

The cabin attendant has to clean the cabin before you are allowed to occupy it.  Chances are it may be ready when you finally get back on board from doing the turn around. Other than all of your luggage already being there it is still like a new cruise.  You have to disembark and then wait for the ship to be cleared before you can get back on.  It will be a little sooner than the “new” cruise passengers board.  Our experience was always after 10:30 

You may want to take your phone and or Tablet with you as there will be some waiting.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

we did a B2B last november.  1st leg we did a move up to AquaSpa.  Since the ship was only 30 - 40% full, we asked at guest relations if we could stay in the same AquaSpa cabin.   What a treat to be able to stay in the same cabin.   Maybe if the ship isn't full, you could stay in the same cabin.   I was glad we asked!  

• Like 1

If you are in the same category for all of the cruises I would recommend daily checking the cabins available on all 3 cruises.  After final payment we were able to switch cabins to be able to get the same one for all of our cruises    You may have to change all 3 to do that but it is worth it.   

Even though they will move the hanging stuff it packing and unpacking all of the other stuff still takes a lot of time and inconvenient.   You still need to keep out and repack the toiletries in the morning and any other items that you used during the evening night.  The same goes for any decorations, wall magnets,  chargers,  and etc

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1