MDR reduced menu

crusinpeg

5 minutes ago, crusinpeg said:

I realize that but why would it change from what it’s been for months?

I don't know why but mine constantly changed in the weeks and months before my cruise.

Just now, crusinpeg said:

Just an example of more cut backs! Glad the cheerleaders don’t mind.

Oh I am not a cheerleader (and your too sensitive, it was a joke) I just booked an Oceania cruise rather than Celebrity, their cuts are ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Oh I am not a cheerleader (and your too sensitive, it was a joke) I just booked an Oceania cruise rather than Celebrity, their cuts are ridiculous.

Sorry my sense of humor must have been asleep! I agree  with ridiculous cut backs from a line that was thought to be a cut above!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, helenb said:

On the Solstice yesterday, the head waiter said that this week, there would be changes, including charging extra for a second lobster entree. There may be other MDR menu changes as well.

I just cannot understand why/how they would just do this mid-cruise.

2 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

I prefer to get the beef entrée on lobster night -- I think their lobster is so overrated.  Would rather have a Maine lobster.  Much sweeter taste in my opinion.

Lobster snob?

Sure if the choice is Maine lobster v Caribbean lobster pick Maine.   But if the choice is between Caribbean lobster and a pork chop ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think this comes down to a few things. 

1) The menus have been changing around for a while.

2) The app isn't great, so they normally have a place holder for everything until a day or two before the cruise after they have confirmed all the suppliers. So although you might be looking at the menu now, that may be a place holder, or one for the current cruise of that ship, and not an accurate representation of what your cruise will have. 

3) lots of talk on the forms about people being told that the MDR menu is changing, including removing some of the classic options. This seems to be a ship by ship change, maybe even cruise by cruise. So it's hard to tell if it's just a problem with a supplier or  if Celebrity is making cost cutting changes in 2023. 

In any case, it's hard to say why it changed on you specifically, but I would suspect it will be confirmed a day or two before you cruise, I don't trust anything on the App until I get on aboard the ship.