Move-up Question (1st Time Celebrity Cruiser - sorry!)

momofmab

This is me trying to spend some of the nervous energy I have waiting for answer on my upgrade bids 😉

I searched and read through several recent posts on this topic but didn't find a definitive answer (maybe there's not one?)

I have bids on two different room category upgrades on an Edge class cruise that leaves in less than a week.  Both say "Pending" but only one gives me the option to modify or cancel (the lesser category of the 2 bids).  Even if I click on the link that takes you to the page with all the available bid categories for my cruise, it shows both my bids as being received, but there is still no option to modify or cancel the higher room category bid.

Could that possibly mean that the higher category bid was accepted?  Is it too much to hope for or am I setting myself up for disappointment?

Also, posts on this topic reference an expiration "ticker".  I don't see time ticking down anywhere.  Am I missing it?

TIA 🙂

On the page where it shows all the options there should an "Offer Received" button for each of the categories you bid on.  It is in the "YOUR OFFER(S)" column.

What happens when you select that button on each of your offers?

• Like 1

I've found that sometimes it depends on how you go in to check your bid.   To make sure of the inability to change your bid -   Click the link on that particular bid to enter.

I find often that if I go in using the lower classification of the room I can only change that bid but if I use the link on the other I can modify the bid on the higher.

Having said that  -  Last cruise both of my bids changed so I could not modify them about 5 days prior to cruise.   A day later they both changed back to being able to cancel or change bids.    3 days prior to the cruise I got an email I had been upgraded.   Made no sense.

Usually if the higher price goes to cancelled or unable to change and the lower one is still available to cancel or change you have not been upgraded..   If one goes cancelled and the other can't be changed or or cancelled it means you were upgraded for that classification.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

On the page where it shows all the options there should an "Offer Received" button for each of the categories you bid on.  It is in the "YOUR OFFER(S)" column.

What happens when you select that button on each of your offers?

Yes, thank you - that link allows me to change or cancel either of them, I just didn't realize it was an actual link.  Mystery solved.  Although I was hoping that it was some sort of sign 😃

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My question is how do you make a bid on a second cabin category?  I have a bid in on a veranda.  When I go in to make a second bid for a Concierge my options are to "Cancel" or "Modify" my current bid.  I don't want to do either, just a a new bid.  Thanks for your help