2023 Where are they now? Officers & crew.

casofilia

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Anyone heard where Julie Valeriote....long time CD and then Entertainment Director went?  Is she still with NCL?

Yes, she is! She works for corporate now and is in charge of hiring, training, managing and scheduling cruise directors and assistant cruise directors. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Yes, she is! She works for corporate now and is in charge of hiring, training, managing and scheduling cruise directors and assistant cruise directors. 

There were 3 people who made an over the top impression on me in all my cruises on all the cruise lines.

Julie Valeriote was the first.  She seemed like she was everywhere.....even when we disembarked and embarked at each port.  2nd was Adrian Bicca (sp?) a Concierge I had the pleasure of working with in my Haven booking.  Adrian stood out at the top of a stellar group.  Unfortunately, he's moved on to greener pastures.  Love to hear if anyone knows where he went.

Last, but certainly not least, was Capt Kate McCue when I sailed the Celebrity Edge.  Just an amazingly intelligent, engaging, and gracious person.  THE BEST cruise ship Captain I've ever encountered.  She was another person who seemed to be everywhere all at once....making sure her guests were well cared for....all the while Captaining one of the largest ships on Celebrity's fleet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Last, but certainly not least, was Capt Kate McCue when I sailed the Celebrity Edge.  Just an amazingly intelligent, engaging, and gracious person.  THE BEST cruise ship Captain I've ever encountered.  She was another person who seemed to be everywhere all at once....making sure her guests were well cared for....all the while Captaining one of the largest ships on Celebrity's fleet.

I've never sailed with Capt. Kate or on Celebrity (and likely won't). But, from everything I have read, heard, and experienced through social media, she needs to be the role model for every cruise ship captain. Enough of these old Greek, Italian, and Scandinavian dudes. We need people with gravitas that care about more than steering the boat. I've never been impressed by a NCL captain. 

14 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I've never sailed with Capt. Kate or on Celebrity (and likely won't). But, from everything I have read, heard, and experienced through social media, she needs to be the role model for every cruise ship captain. Enough of these old Greek, Italian, and Scandinavian dudes. We need people with gravitas that care about more than steering the boat. I've never been impressed by a NCL captain. 

No argument there.  I'd say the majority of the time, the NCL Capts seem to be invisible.  But, maybe that's what they're instructed to do.

If you get a chance and the want, please try to sail a Capt Kate helmed ship.  She makes it a wonderful experience and truly has a positive effect on your cruise.

I know this is an NCL thread (but mentioned NCL personnel in the previous posts).  But, this was taken 18 months ago, or their abouts on the Celebrity Edge.  Last I heard Capt Kate is now on the Beyond.

IMG_0248.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

No argument there.  I'd say the majority of the time, the NCL Capts seem to be invisible.  But, maybe that's what they're instructed to do.

If you get a chance and the want, please try to sail a Capt Kate helmed ship.  She makes it a wonderful experience and truly has a positive effect on your cruise.

I know this is an NCL thread (but mentioned NCL personnel in the previous posts).  But, this was taken 18 months ago, or their abouts on the Celebrity Edge.  Last I heard Capt Kate is now on the Beyond.

IMG_0248.jpeg

I believe she's on Beyond also...Celebrity = dress code = no cruiseny4life onboard. 🤠

But yes, I'd enjoy taking a cruise with her at the helm. NCL captains, I could not care less about.

Don't worry y'all - I'll be all NCL with a photo of the crew when I sail Pr1ma in November.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I believe she's on Beyond also...Celebrity = dress code = no cruiseny4life onboard. 🤠

But yes, I'd enjoy taking a cruise with her at the helm. NCL captains, I could not care less about.

Don't worry y'all - I'll be all NCL with a photo of the crew when I sail Pr1ma in November.

I hope the CD is still Marchena (sp.)…she took over from Simon on our Prima cruise in May.  Very energetic and personable.  Loved her flashy clothing style, too.  

8 hours ago, laudergayle said:

I hope the CD is still Marchena (sp.)…she took over from Simon on our Prima cruise in May.  Very energetic and personable.  Loved her flashy clothing style, too.  

Was her name Marzena?

9 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Has anyone seen a complete list of all the Senior Officers on The Viva?

I pray that all goes where for all the crew on this very special day.

2nd this request.  Also curious what bar staff came onboard?  I know the Vibe crew is there along with Merwyn..  Is Cowboy onboard?

1 hour ago, macewank said:

2nd this request.  Also curious what bar staff came onboard?  I know the Vibe crew is there along with Merwyn..  Is Cowboy onboard?

I thought he was going to The Viva but in the bar pictures I saw posted on a different website, I did not see him.  Doe not mean that he is not there, he just was not in that particular picture.

On 4/8/2023 at 4:41 PM, CILCIANRQTS said:

Officers encounter 100k to 250k people per year!!
They won’t remember you, so why try so hard to keep track of them??
All will gladly respond “I remember you!” after you remind them of the cruise you were on, but they don’t…

This is not always the case.  I cruised with a certain cruise director at lease 3 times and had previously met his wife when she was on staff.  She retired to stay home with their children.   

He asked us if we could cruiee again in a few months forward when his wife and kids were to sail because he knew we would enjoy spending time together.  

Perhaps staff would remember a small percentage of guests?   Maybe 5%?  

I could name a few more and give examples as well.  Sometimes it requires a point to trigger the memory.  

* the exceptional concierge who found my niece’s cell phone after we disembarked and arranged with a current pax from our home town to bring to us. 

* the hotel manager we had dinner with h twice who when telling us his life story we remarked “this needs to be amovie starring Denzel”. 

* the restaurant manager who arranged a covert mission torescue my momfrom another pax seated with us who was coughing all over us and moved us behind plants as to hide us and save embarrasment.  

Some people are truly memorable.  My mom waz one of those.  When my mom won on Wheelof Fortune (2 cars) people in our big city recogniized her all over town for 2 years. Lost mom 6 years ago.  Sigh.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DMH15 said:

This is not always the case.  I cruised with a certain cruise director at lease 3 times and had previously met his wife when she was on staff.  She retired to stay home with their children.   

He asked us if we could cruiee again in a few months forward when his wife and kids were to sail because he knew we would enjoy spending time together.  

Perhaps staff would remember a small percentage of guests?   Maybe 5%?  

I could name a few more and give examples as well.  Sometimes it requires a point to trigger the memory.  

* the exceptional concierge who found my niece’s cell phone after we disembarked and arranged with a current pax from our home town to bring to us. 

* the hotel manager we had dinner with h twice who when telling us his life story we remarked “this needs to be amovie starring Denzel”. 

* the restaurant manager who arranged a covert mission torescue my momfrom another pax seated with us who was coughing all over us and moved us behind plants as to hide us and save embarrasment.  

Some people are truly memorable.  My mom waz one of those.  When my mom won on Wheelof Fortune (2 cars) people in our big city recogniized her all over town for 2 years. Lost mom 6 years ago.  Sigh.  

Sorry for the lost of your Mom

Yes, I have met and become friends with several Senior Officers.  One of them made the ddifficult decision to go from a full time position on one ship to a part time position on a different ship because of a family issue and needing to be home more.

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

Sorry for the lost of your Mom

Yes, I have met and become friends with several Senior Officers.  One of them made the ddifficult decision to go from a full time position on one ship to a part time position on a different ship because of a family issue and needing to be home more.

Thank you.  My mom loved cruising.  Great memories for me… I remember you on this board.  I have not cruised since right before the pandemic and now my pup is 15.5 years old with health issues so I am still waiting.  

I have not been on CC for a while so I find it gratifying to read this thread and see names I recognize from all of my NCL cruises.  So, maybe they do not remember me but I do them.  And if I can say hello and tell them they positively impacted my cruise experience that is good enough for me.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DMH15 said:

Thank you.  My mom loved cruising.  Great memories for me… I remember you on this board.  I have not cruised since right before the pandemic and now my pup is 15.5 years old with health issues so I am still waiting.  

I have not been on CC for a while so I find it gratifying to read this thread and see names I recognize from all of my NCL cruises.  So, maybe they do not remember me but I do them.  And if I can say hello and tell them they positively impacted my cruise experience that is good enough for me.  

Such a wonderful philosophy! 

And thank you for taking care of a pup that is certain to see you as their everything. Our creatures are certainly special. 

14 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Such a wonderful philosophy! 

And thank you for taking care of a pup that is certain to see you as their everything. Our creatures are certainly special. 

Thank you for the kind words. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 3:22 PM, cruiseny4life said:

nah yuo are wrong Frank Juliannsan and Mikhil Hilden

Norwegian Joy - cruise of 8/13/23, sent to me by a friend who was onboard. 

Captain - Dan Svensson. 

Staff Captain - Stijepo Jokic. 

Chief Engineer - Ioannis Karloutsos. 

GM - Rohinton (Ron) Mottahed. 

Assistant GM - Trevor Swart. 
F&B Director - Ricardo Pinheiro. 
Guest Service Manager - Giannina Pedraza. 
Executive Housekeeper - Cherry Paje. 
Executive Chef - Savio DaSilva. 
Cruise Director - Jake Laflin. 
Beverage Manager - Suresh Palyekar. 
Restaurant Manager - Gautam Pardeshi. 
Cruise Next Manager - Michael Smith. 

I will be onboard 9/25 and will post an updated list then. 

6 hours ago, kmc86 said:

Hi..anyone have a list of the current officers on the Escape? 😊

The Escape is sailing today from Miami to New York City with crew only for a Late Summer/Early Fall New England and Bermuda Season.  There was some change of Officers yesterday.  Hopefully someone over the next couple of eeks will post an update list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1