1923 and Tulsa king

Lonedaddy

1 hour ago, pappy1022 said:

If you have Amazon Prime you can watch them when you want to.

true but can I link my phone to computer to the tv.  But the streaming on the ship is slow and may not be allowed in certain locations.

Edited by Lonedaddy

I downloaded a bunch of movies and TV shows to my iPad  for our upcoming WC. I bought a USB-C to HDMI cable on Amazon to hopefully connect the iPad to the TV on the ship. Don't know if this will work or not. When i tried it on my Samsung TV at home the TV didn't seem to recognize the cord plugged into the HDMI slot. Maybe with a different TV?........

42 minutes ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

I downloaded a bunch of movies and TV shows to my iPad  for our upcoming WC. I bought a USB-C to HDMI cable on Amazon to hopefully connect the iPad to the TV on the ship. Don't know if this will work or not. When i tried it on my Samsung TV at home the TV didn't seem to recognize the cord plugged into the HDMI slot. Maybe with a different TV?........

I use a usb-c to HDMI cable on my Samsung phone to play downloaded videos from my phone and it works without any issues.

Do the TVs on Splendor have a useable HDMI port? If so this should work for me.

8 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

Do the TVs on Splendor have a useable HDMI port? If so this should work for me.

On Explorer back in 2020 I was able to plug a HDMI into the back of the Samsung TV and watch my content off portable hard drive plugged into my MacBook. On Splendor in 2 weeks so will be able to confirm if it works on their TV's

We were just on Navigator in a Deluxe Veranda cabin.  There was an HDMI socket amongst the various plugs along the back of the desk.  We did not try to use it for anything, but our guess is that it would be an input for the TV, very conveniently located at the desk instead of on the back of the TV.  Can anyone confirm that is what it was?

• 1 month later...

I can confirm now that Regent have changed the software on the TV's and supply their own remote control so you can't change the input of the TV. There is access to the inputs sockets but no way to change the input on the set. The next thing to try is taking a Samsung remote and seeing if that works but I'm not due on Grandeur until next January, but I will try then. Film content supplied was OK not a huge library, TV shows were abysmal only 7 TV shows and some with only a random few episodes so no binge watching!! 

Year ago when Downton Abbey was to have the season finale, Crystal arranged it to be shown on the cabin TVs.  I think it started as a passenger from UK had the video and a special request was sent to the UK broadcasters to allow it.