"Priority" not displaying on boarding pass

gone_cruisin

Long time Platinum cruiser - though it has been 4 years since we've cruised with Carnival.

Just checked in for our January cruise and our boarding pass does not have the red priority in the upper left hand corner.  Our luggage tags say priority.  Anyone know why the hiccup?  

We are traveling with Gold family members and they are linked to our reservation, so I will need to check them in two days from now.  Are they holding us back on getting the "priority" label?  

Boarding Pass.png

Edited by gone_cruisin
Adding pic

Carnivals FAQs shows that I should at least have the red priority in the upper left hand corner.  

plus I noticed I was given a boarding group.  Thought priority didn’t have a boarding group, only an assigned check in time.

it’s weird because our luggage has priority.

91E0CFDC-99B0-45C6-A5A0-B78AA87EDF3B.jpeg

• Like 1

My tags stopped showing priority after the restart of cruising. Now there is a red tag at the bottom with Platinum printed on the red tag. 

There are several things on the website that need to be updated, the priority check in information appears to be one.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, shof515 said:

sailing next week and i have same problem too. hopefully the workers know that platinum = priority

I wonder if it’s port specific?  Are you going out of PC?

I worry that the dock worker is going to be so focused in on looking for the priority labels that we get kicked to general boarding…..which we cannot do because our elderly parents are joining us.  They can’t stand or walk for long periods.  They have FTTF.

I guess I’ll be calling carnival today to find out how they plan to fix our boarding passes.

19 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

My luggage tags have the red tag with Platinum printed on it and not Priority. What gives Carnival? 🙂 

my next cruise in march that says platinum on it, i have another cruise in june that says priority again

its very strange that one cruise says priority, other says platinum

i guess it could be port specific?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, shof515 said:

my next cruise in march that says platinum on it, i have another cruise in june that says priority again

Are you possibly in a Suite for your June cruise and a non-suite for March?  That could possibly explain it.

I'm Platinum and in a Suite in March and my tags say Priority, but I think that is because of the Suite, not my VIFP status.

Edited by ShakyBeef
spelling
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, shof515 said:

That is strange. The entire Carnival IT department at Miami HQ was dissolved 6 years ago and an overseas company took over. Makes me wonder if this is part of the situation. 

3 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Are you possibly in a Suite for your June cruise and a non-suite for March?  That could possibly explain it.

I'm Platinum and in a Suite in March and my tags say Priority, but I think that is because of the Suite, not my VIFP status.

You could be on to something. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

Same sitch here!

Mine only say Platinum in small print that doesn't dominate the page. I want mine to say PRIORITY! 

Now where did I put my sharpie? 

Yep, I'd love for my boarding pass to SCREAM privilege!!!!  🤣

I turned Platinum for my Christmas cruise, my boarding pass was just the same as everyone else's in that they said "Platinum" at the upper right but nothing else indicated that I had priority boarding.  

Every single employee we encountered at Port Canaveral who was directing us looked at the boarding pass and sent us to the appropriate "Platinum" line, waiting area, etc.  They apparently have been told what to look for on the boarding passes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

Huh, thought you had it.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, groundloop said:

I turned Platinum for my Christmas cruise, my boarding pass was just the same as everyone else's in that they said "Platinum" at the upper right but nothing else indicated that I had priority boarding.  

Every single employee we encountered at Port Canaveral who was directing us looked at the boarding pass and sent us to the appropriate "Platinum" line, waiting area, etc.  They apparently have been told what to look for on the boarding passes.

That’s good to know.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Interesting. I'm not remembering what was on our December Boarding Pass but a shoreside worker did direct us to the 'commoner' seating area. VIP lounges were new again so I chalked it up to an evolving policy.  We finally worked our way back to VIP a half hour later realizing it was open and basically 'invited ourselves in'.

In looking at my upcoming Journey, there's only the little Platinum designation on the right side but there is no Priority Boarding for Journey cruises so maybe that's it. And if memory serves, ALL my luggage tags on multiple cruises have said either Priority or Platinum.

Yeah, and Carnival's IT absolutely stinks.  This is minor but they drop the ball on significant things as well. 

Edited by jsglow

5 hours ago, shof515 said:

sailing next week and i have same problem too. hopefully the workers know that platinum = priority

I think that should be added as an addendum to the 'Open Letter'!  🤣

3 hours ago, groundloop said:

We boarded the Liberty on 12/22/22. At least 2-3 times, when it appeared we were heading straight along with the masses, I had to approach/speak out to port staff and inquire about any Diamond/Priority line. If I had not spoke up, we would not have known (not that it would have been the end of the world!). Signage was not evident. It didn't help that our local sheriff decided that day to have increased screening - with a drug sniffing dog walking by each single-file guest, one by one. I'm glad someone gave me a heads-up (jk).

Tom

Just sailed on the Freedom last week.  Boarding passes said platium and we never sat down after we arrived until on the ship.  We arrived about 20 minutes after our window and easily went through the boarding process, other than the slow down for the drug sniffing dog.