“the Big One”! World Cruise on Sojourn

shark b8

4 hours ago, shark b8 said:

Expecting reports, of course.

Will try! I honestly don't know how you find the time to do all the posting you do. (I usually don't even sift through all my photos until we're home.) We're doing this cruise with five other couples, so I'm figuring I won't have much downtime, but I'll see what I can manage. 😉  I'm sorry you're departing as we board; it would be a pleasure to meet you and cruise with you some day!

• Like 1

We have a quick turnaround Sat, so by the time you’re onboard, we’ll likely be over the Atlantic, but…..bon voyage in advance!

(and didn't mean to “guilt” you into posting here….just have fun!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shark b8 said:

We have a quick turnaround Sat, so by the time you’re onboard, we’ll likely be over the Atlantic, but…..bon voyage in advance!

You are going to be missed here Shark b8!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shark b8 said:

Thank so much for sharing your journey and all the great pics.

Nancy

• Thanks 1

Shark b8, as they say in golf, you are the leader in the clubhouse for 2023 MVP. Most Valuable Poster!

Have truly enjoyed all of the posts, pictures and humor. I know it took a lot of your time and much effort. But all of us on CC really do appreciate it. 
Thank you!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Long day, as expected - but a good one.  Marrakech is delightfully chaotic, as one would want.  It’s a 3-4 hour drive from Casablanca, each way.  So we took advantage of the long driving distance to utilize the highway signage to practice our Arabic and Berber.  

0BCC047C-DDDE-45B6-B022-5DEE9BEA364D.thumb.jpeg.2054ecaaafa96dd096f0214590068206.jpeg

• Like 5

Expect that same scene from Saturday onwards for the next 20 days on Sojourn🙏And no rain please….thanks shark b8 for all your posts and photos,just amazing stuff and safe travels back to the land of pineapples 🤗🤗

• Thanks 1

So, this is just about it, good folks.  We’ll be off the ship early tomorrow AM and on our way to DC and then SFO, followed by the Pacific flight home, so as to relax and recover from that First of First World Problems - TBFS (Tour Bus Fatigue Syndrome).  I’d like to thank y’all for coming along on this adventure - we feel incredibly fortunate to have been able to do this sort of marathon, and I’ve enjoyed the banter with fellow cruisers immensely.  Can’t believe it’s been 5 months -- seems more like……4 ½.   😏

Made it to 14 previously unvisited countries for us on this one, which (I’ll have to check when home) I think puts us at an even 100.  My grandfather would have said…….”take away the pyramids, mountains, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, the African animals, etc….it all pretty much looks like Kansas City.”    Anyway, as previously mentioned, we’ll be sad to disembark but eager to get home, not least to reunite with Butch & Sundance (you’ll only need an explanation for those names if you’re under 40 or so), our two juvenile delinquents, as you may have seen before.    (sorry to burden you with all this below, but from the beginning, both their agents insisted on online promotion in their contracts).  

So, for those who’ve mentioned their impending cruise plans and those who will be sailing in the foreseeable future, we wish you “fair winds and following seas”!  

75728935-BE34-4545-A95A-EC971E05B3CF.thumb.jpeg.2a670520622e0fd552fb353a6b25b419.jpeg

6BD09E4F-0C01-42DF-B7C2-E06B0FFE5626.thumb.jpeg.ed01890ee086ff0f82561439b2267947.jpeg

56FF3B38-9508-4B11-98F7-4F26E6B5AD83.thumb.jpeg.ba60c929e51e415b6497d9cf85cde2b1.jpeg

49F0BEDC-D364-477D-BED6-9703255E2884.thumb.jpeg.c2692fd1e336a86f85ada38c664fa459.jpeg

71AD03F3-7315-4DE6-98AF-54C15FE23832.thumb.jpeg.e6bc67e6c2991c0a64df65a929bdf880.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brenecke said:

The cat needs a new agent as he only got one solo photo and no videos!

Well, I suppose I could take a video of him, but it would likely be him just sitting there, looking supremely bored.  🥱

12 minutes ago, shark b8 said:

Well, I suppose I could take a video of him, but it would likely be him just sitting there, looking supremely bored.

They may well be the welcome you get from the cat upon your return. Butch will wonder why Sundance is so excited to see you.

This has been a great blog, shark b8. Thanks so much for the regular updates. I admire you stick-to-it-iveness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1