“the Big One”! World Cruise on Sojourn

shark b8

Shark B8,  You have been a superlative travel host--never complaining--always seeing the bright side of every situation.  Just the kind of person we all would enjoy sailing with. Traveling vicariously has been fun.  I wish you and Mrs. Shark B8 a safe journey home and a joyous reunion with your pup and your kitten.  We look forward to your next cruise!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shark b8 said:

Well, I suppose I could take a video of him, but it would likely be him just sitting there, looking supremely bored.  🥱

As opposed to Sundance, who has yet to experience boredom, to my knowledge.  She’s a force of nature, wakes up happier every day than she was the day before.  Thus that last video - she sometimes is so happy she just can’t stand it, and gets a serious case of “the zoomies”, and has to race around in circles at top speed, for no apparent reason.  (Sundance will allow you to call her “Sunny” (a perfect personality descriptor), if you are one of her very closest friends.  She defines that to mean “everyone she’s ever met, or ever will”).  Ok, enough of this stuff, apologies to non-dog-people!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

@shark b8  Thanks for all your posts, pictures and videos taking us along on your adventure, and for your great sense of humor that shone in so many of your posts. I don't follow every travelogue on this site, but yours has been "must-read" entertainment. 😀 I hope you have smooth travels home through your many hours of airports and flying ahead!

We'll try to take good care of Sojourn when we board a few hours after you depart. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shark b8 said:

Well, I suppose I could take a video of him, but it would likely be him just sitting there, looking supremely bored.  🥱

That would be a step up from my cats who would be 1) sleeping or 2) yawning after waking up from sleeping.  I just need to keep advocating for cats as fabulous pets and companions.  I have had both cats and dogs and love both, BUT in a NYC apartment cats win every time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lincslady said:

A few other ships in as well.

Yep, several monsters.  Cruiseej & Pyffii, you’ll be looking for the wee one below. 😉 

(We’re taxiing, humming “Leavin’ on a Jet Plane….”)

57A904B6-CE6D-4FE9-8E29-46638610FCD2.jpeg

Edited by shark b8
  • Like 5

Let's hope for room at the back of the Colonnade,  with a cool glass of something white in hand, for the early boarders!  The weather looks just as good as it is, amazingly, in the UK today.

Bon voyage everyone.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, shark b8 said:

Yep, several monsters.  Cruiseej & Pyffii, you’ll be looking for the wee one below. 😉 

(We’re taxiing, humming “Leavin’ on a Jet Plane….”)

57A904B6-CE6D-4FE9-8E29-46638610FCD2.jpeg

Thank you shark b8. Truly appreciate your work after having tried to do the same on our cruise. 

You are an inspiration with your subjectivity and positive nature. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

Thank you shark b8. Truly appreciate your work after having tried to do the same on our cruise. 

Did you mean  to type objectivity?  

Made it to Dulles in DC.  The tv above the bar in the lounge tells me I have re-entered civilization.  (and also makes me realize … I never once turned on the tv in our suite. 5 months.  Ok, well, we were required to turn it on to watch the safety video. But that doesn’t count)

second pic - first message on my phone when we got off the plane. Does Verizon know something I don’t? 

IMG_3176.thumb.jpeg.ec0bc1617abb67e72477a25b80929c0c.jpeg

IMG_3174.thumb.jpeg.54670f0da1f68877cf0d1be6679ebd7e.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 5/27/2023 at 4:03 PM, frantic36 said:

You were a very close second with your blog Julie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tallante said:

You were a very close second with your blog Julie.

Thanks Sue, It's been hard to follow up because life has been busy here. First recovering from the cruise and a nasty bug I got on the last week. Then a few weeks after our return travelling around Western Australia with a friend from America for 4 weeks. Included in that was a Kimberley cruise on a 36 passenger ship. It really is magnificent country. But you do need to be fit to get to the top of the waterfalls or spend the money to do helicopter flights. The last photo was a rock pool we climbed up to as you can't swim in the sea due to sharks and crocodiles. Some took the helicopter flight up.DSC_8150.thumb.JPG.12a65abe747b2415b019f40f85d5c327.JPGDSC_8102.thumb.JPG.ef09c077823e5e7e706dabab04b52de9.JPGDSC_8187.thumb.JPG.6cd6d520cfe91d4b6d0d42175b7432b8.JPGDSC_8040.thumb.JPG.6e32f22373a3cc875f91299376e2b70f.JPG

• Like 7