QV and/or QM2 World Cruise Blogs 2023

Oslo Dutch

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 2:12 AM, Oslo Dutch said:

Does anyone know any Cunard World Cruise blogs for 2023?

Hey Oslo,

I am joining the QV on 7 February in San Francisco and will be blogging on 

http://butarewethereyet.blogspot.com

which is a continuation of my cruising blogs and picking up after the South American 2020 voyage....only sidelined over the last two years by the dreaded lurgy.

Ill start it in the next few days.

regards Roscoe

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 12

On 1/20/2023 at 4:18 AM, roscoe39 said:

Hey Oslo,

which is a continuation of my cruising blogs and picking up after the South American 2020 voyage....only sidelined over the last two years by the dreaded lurgy.

regards Roscoe

Oh Dahling.....thank goodness you qill be back at sea...MOST IMPORTANTLY...HOW MANY PAIRS OF SHOES????

Hugs

https://www.theworldvoyageqm2.com/

Following, however, not impressed so far.  Not enough information/detail with regard to the onboard atmosphere and daily experience of a world cruiser - bars, dining, guest speakers, interesting shipmates and characters. As someone who would like to take a world cruise in the not too distant future this blog is not setting the scene for me.  I can search for factual tourist information on Google.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Following, however, not impressed so far.  Not enough information/detail with regard to the onboard atmosphere and daily experience of a world cruiser - bars, dining, guest speakers, interesting shipmates and characters. As someone who would like to take a world cruise in the not too distant future this blog is not setting the scene for me.  I can search for factual tourist information on Google.  

Agreed, a very disappointing blog.

• Like 3

On 1/20/2023 at 2:18 AM, roscoe39 said:

Hey Oslo,

regards Roscoe

Roscoe I am so excited! It's been way too long!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

Oh Dahling.....thank goodness you qill be back at sea...MOST IMPORTANTLY...HOW MANY PAIRS OF SHOES????

Hugs

its quite a conundrum....do I pack a selection....and which ones to abandon in the wardrobe  or just buy new before getting onboard? hmmmmmmmmm 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 4:46 AM, roscoe39 said:

thanks guys, hope its up to expectations considering what's on offer...it feels like its been forever since

ive been home.

I'm in the middle of reading your wonderfully written 2016 World Cruise essays. Too good to be called a blog.

Look forward to reading your next offering. World voyage - one these days...

Edited by NE John
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NE John said:

I'm in the middle of reading your wonderfully written 2016 World Cruise essays. Too good to be called a blog.

Look forward to reading your next offering. World voyage - one these days...

awwww thanks John, there was meant to be a full world 2023 voyage but getting covid the day the ship departed has spoilt that. and this shot one will be a small compensation.....ah well....2024 here we come 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 4:10 PM, Pear Carr said:

In response, we are currently on QM2 on our first world voyage but are not blogging but felt we needed to respond to this!

We are having an amazing time and have cruised many times on Cunard. Captain Hashmi and his team are doing everything they can to make this a special voyage. When we returned from our 13.5 hour trip to Luxor, the captain and his crew were waiting for us dockside with a champagne reception to welcome us back after a long day. Amazing 🤩 

The world cruise cocktail party was just as Roscoe and Safarigal have described in the past including the caviar station and the captain was very emotional that this was his first party back after more than 1,000 nights. So far this experience is like any other cruise we have been on pre pandemic with no additional measures so far, fingers crossed 🤞 

With there being 925 passengers doing the full trip it has made the atmosphere very special as it is hard to sit down on the ship and not getting chatting with someone who is doing the full voyage!

The Queens room was full last night for Burns night which was great fun and the dance hosts are now back on board but still fewer passengers enjoying this area so far. There has been a really wide range of excellent live music across the ship and the real crowd pleaser seems to be the band Changez who pack out every venue they sing in with an amazing array of music choices that get all dancing. The passenger choir gave their first performant yesterday in the grand lobby which sounded great and was well attended.

Personally I have been doing the Zumba and line dancing classes and the queens room has barely been big enough with people dancing in the aisles and at the back of the room.

Although the menus are shorter than previously, the food has been excellent throughout and we had a Chinese menu for Chinese new year including the Kings Court being decked out with Chinese lanterns. We even had a Scottish menu last night for Burns night.

By far the majority of people on the ship we have spoken to are having a wonderful time without too many dissenting voices.

Hope this gives a small flavour of this years world voyage.

B8573619-B560-47FE-BA1F-55E43D2C7BBD.jpeg

4C169028-B3F6-4A59-808E-B4B109D9793B.jpeg

3CD0539C-2BF7-49D8-B121-9848E482C5BF.jpeg

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, Crofters said:

In response, we are currently on QM2 on our first world voyage but are not blogging but felt we needed to respond to this!

We are having an amazing time and have cruised many times on Cunard. Captain Hashmi and his team are doing everything they can to make this a special voyage. When we returned from our 13.5 hour trip to Luxor, the captain and his crew were waiting for us dockside with a champagne reception to welcome us back after a long day. Amazing 🤩 

The world cruise cocktail party was just as Roscoe and Safarigal have described in the past including the caviar station and the captain was very emotional that this was his first party back after more than 1,000 nights. So far this experience is like any other cruise we have been on pre pandemic with no additional measures so far, fingers crossed 🤞 

With there being 925 passengers doing the full trip it has made the atmosphere very special as it is hard to sit down on the ship and not getting chatting with someone who is doing the full voyage!

The Queens room was full last night for Burns night which was great fun and the dance hosts are now back on board but still fewer passengers enjoying this area so far. There has been a really wide range of excellent live music across the ship and the real crowd pleaser seems to be the band Changez who pack out every venue they sing in with an amazing array of music choices that get all dancing. The passenger choir gave their first performant yesterday in the grand lobby which sounded great and was well attended.

Personally I have been doing the Zumba and line dancing classes and the queens room has barely been big enough with people dancing in the aisles and at the back of the room.

Although the menus are shorter than previously, the food has been excellent throughout and we had a Chinese menu for Chinese new year including the Kings Court being decked out with Chinese lanterns. We even had a Scottish menu last night for Burns night.

By far the majority of people on the ship we have spoken to are having a wonderful time without too many dissenting voices.

Wonderful to hear and thank you @Crofters for taking the time to keep us informed.

Queen Mary 2 World Cruises are always something special.

On 1/23/2023 at 2:10 PM, Pear Carr said:

Oh, I think that is somewhat harsh, I have found it very interesting.

1 hour ago, Crofters said:

3CD0539C-2BF7-49D8-B121-9848E482C5BF.jpeg

Thank you so much for posting this. This is exactly the information I love to read about a world cruise, what really is going on :). I am so glad things are as back to normal as possible, I do miss the choir. I look forward to joining you in Cape Town 🙂

• Like 4

thanks Crofter!!! that's exactly the sort of post ands feedback  that  we are look at from on board, it would be great if you could keep them up as we are pretty well in the dark as to life on board.

Enjoy the next sector, the Middle East is one of the most interesting

• Like 4

Thank you Crofters! Exactly the feedback I was hoping for and expecting. Sounds like the Centenary World cruise on QM2 has got off to a wonderful start and hopefully will continue. I for one am very grateful to you for taking the time to give us an insight into what is happening onboard and would appreciate an update from time to time - Wi-Fi and time permitting! Wishing you all a wonderful voyage! 

• Like 1

Thanks you Crofters!!  It sounds like a great cruise!

Can I ask you what the Cunard choices for shore excursion in Luxor were?  We will be going there in October on QE and the list isn't out yet and I just love seeing what they have to offer.  Thank you in advance!

Morning everyone 

just completed my pre breakfast laps of the promenade deck so the food intake can commence in earnest!

there was only one trip to Luxor covering valley of the kings and Karnak, over one thousand people went. The other trips were to Hurghada and a hotel resort.

to give you a flavour of the wonderful people on board we have met a lady going to Sydney as a means of emigrating and starting a new life, a couple going the whole way who have never set foot on a cruise previously, and a couple celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary. We have also become close friends with a  lady who has 102 evening outfits for the 102 nights all packed into 14 pink suitcases! She is truly embracing the full experience and we are lucky to enjoy it with her.

• Like 10