Does Celebrity really stop offering the base drink package on pre-cruise sale?

tusconcam

Looking for feedback re my frustrating predicament, Going on a cruise May 1st 2023 and on the Celebrity cruise site/ my cruise, they have 

stopped offering the base soda/water etc. beverage on pre-cruise sale. Nadda. My travel agent (yes they do still exist) contacted them and they said that it was no longer available. What? Of course it will be available onboard but they wouldn't disclose if/what price it might be then,

No I did not get it included with my cruise package, I had hoped to get it online,

Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't need to buy anything more than one that has water and soda. 

Looking for info re this.

Thnx

I bought the non-alcoholic package for my upcoming cruise before it went away.

I would not expect it to be offered on-board although there is a tiny chance it might be.

At this point I assume if you don't buy a package then you go a la carte.

FYI, they also got rid of the soda package and the fancy water package.

Bring on a case of soda ($13) and a refillable insulated water bottle ($15 x 2). Buy any individual drinks a la carte. You will likely save more money than you can believe. How could water and soda be worth over $450 for 2 people for a 7 day cruise?  Drink package prices are absurd!

Edited by mayleeman

I booked my upcoming cruise (Jan 23, 2023) and paid in full.  I have the classic drink package, but now Celebrity says the zero alcohol package in NOT included.  They want an additional fee of $440.00 for it to be included.  BAIT and SWITCH

34 minutes ago, Larry lobster said:

I booked my upcoming cruise (Jan 23, 2023) and paid in full.  I have the classic drink package, but now Celebrity says the zero alcohol package in NOT included.  They want an additional fee of $440.00 for it to be included.  BAIT and SWITCH

Your classic package includes almost everything that the Zero does - excluding vitamin water, Red Bull and smoothies in the spa cafe.  I would call again to talk to someone else if you are trying to downgrade the Classic to zero proof.  Since it is a different code than classic, with the AI program that may be an issue.

Edited by SbbquilterUT
Spelling
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Larry lobster said:

You're getting exactly what you booked:

Our new All Included* package comes with a Classic Beverage Package, which allows you to consume an unlimited array of water, beers, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $10 per serving. The Classic Beverage Package also comes with a 15% discount on all bottles of wine.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/cruise-drink-packages

The zero alcohol package includes the non alcoholic options that go with the Premium alcoholic package.

The people that are losing out are the ones who only wanted the simple non alcoholic package with coffee, water and soda, etc,

35 minutes ago, Larry lobster said:

Have you called to confirm this.  Recent posts indicate that the Classic does still include water, soda , etc as before although the description on line leads one to think otherwise.

• Like 1

With all the changes the people at Celebrity are as confused as the passengers.  Even the web site has contradictory information.

In one part of Celebrity's web site, it implies that the Classic Alcohol package doesn't include soda, etc.

Last time I logged into my cruise planner it said the Classic Package includes Zero Proof.

At the moment Celebrity is FUBAR.

Unfortunately, it will probably take the crack IT team at Celebrity/Royal until February to start to resolve the inconsistencies.

2 hours ago, Larry lobster said:

Have you logged into the Celebrity Web site, gone into your cruise, and looked at "orders" to see what it's showing for the drink package you purchased?

I'd be interested to hear if they have change the former Classic to the Zero for those who purchased under the old offering. 

23 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Have you logged into the Celebrity Web site, gone into your cruise, and looked at "orders" to see what it's showing for the drink package you purchased?

I'd be interested to hear if they have change the former Classic to the Zero for those who purchased under the old offering. 

I had purchased the Classic Non-alcoholic before the changes and that is what it continues to say in my order history.

Again with this nonsense. You posted the same BS yesterday. Nothing has changed with the classic drink package except the price, which doesn't affect you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I had purchased the Classic Non-alcoholic before the changes and that is what it continues to say in my order history.

Thanks.  Cannot remember when your sailing is but it's going to be interested to hear how this is all handled once you sail. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Thanks.  Cannot remember when your sailing is but it's going to be interested to hear how this is all handled once you sail. 

Why? Just because a package is no longer for sale doesn't mean it no longer exists. I see no reason for it not to work as exptected.

7 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Why? Just because a package is no longer for sale doesn't mean it no longer exists. I see no reason for it not to work as exptected.

I am assuming that it is going to cause confusion on the wait staff.  

7 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I hope that is the way it works out.  I called Celebrity and they said my existing package should be honored onboard. For items previously bought that are no longer available the question is what provisions were made to train the ship's crew on how to handle this and did Celebrity's IT department properly program the ship's computers.

That is also how things should work for someone who bought the All Included cruise option.

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

I am assuming that it is going to cause confusion on the wait staff.  

There's no confusion. Your drink package is loaded on your sea pass card. When they ring up a card or room number that has a soda package, the charge for a soda will come up as $0. Simple for the staff.

8 minutes ago, RichYak said:

There's no confusion. Your drink package is loaded on your sea pass card. When they ring up a card or room number that has a soda package, the charge for a soda will come up as $0. Simple for the staff.

You are assuming they did not screw up the computer programming.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

You are assuming they did not screw up the computer programming.

There's nothing they need to do to make a drink package that has always worked before continue to work. No action required. The only thing they had to do was to stop selling it.

What is a Zero alcohol package”.  Do you mean the new Zero Proof Package?  It was not in the Classic Package when you purchased the cruise.  Perhaps you are getting confused by the terms?

some of the items included in the new Zero Proof Package were never included in the Classic Alcoholic package, like the premium water and premium sparkling water.  But your package did include the basic bottled water and soda.  Is this leading to some confusion?

I assume when you say “Celebrity says” you mean something you read on the website?   Has someone at Celebrity actually told you that you will no longer have soda and basic bottled water on the Classic Alcoholic package that you purchased.

If you are going to spend anything near $440 then upgrade to the Premium Alcoholic Drink Package, then you will have everything included in the new Zero Proof Package in your package.

No bait and switch, likely just confused and more confused.  

51 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

No bait and switch, likely just confused and more confused.  

They have posted the same rant in multiple threads over the last couple days. Each time, they've been corrected as you have done so here. No matter, the same misinformed rants continue.

Ignore the trolls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1